WackyWriters Presents: FROST - the music-based writing app ✍ 🎵

Hey, psst. Do you like minimalistic design and ambient music to put you in the writing mood? :eyes:
If you do, then look no further because the Wacky team is here to make your day better! :raised_hands:

Full disclosure: Frost was first introduced to the community by @amansrose in this thread and y’all loved it so much, that the traffic boost summoned Frost founder @Mansidak to join our ranks!

It was thus decided that we should take Frost forum-wide – because here, at Wacky Writers, we’re all about uplifting creators and their content and sharing inspirational tools with y’all is part and parcel of that creed. So, without further ado, I present to you…

There’s 10 themes you can choose from to set the mood…

…and then you can jump straight in! Zero distractions, all the atmosphere:

(snapshot from one from the holiday themes)

Is ambient music really not your cup of tea? Are you missing the background noise of your favorite café as you type away on your laptop or scribble down in your notebook? Would you much rather cozy up by a crackling hearth and listen to a ticking clock as a storm is brewing?

Frost has got you covered! The theme ‘Room’ comes with a variety of ambient sounds which you can turn on and off at will:

(from left to right: café noises, grandfather clock, storm, fireplace)

Select just one or combine multiple and pretend you’re out in the wild again.

Myself, I’ve been vibing a lot with the Mild Dark theme recently, as I’m plotting yet another questionable tale… :eyes: What project would you like to use Frost with?

Explore all the features here and let us know how you like it! And if you’ve got a few minutes, do consider filling out this survey – your feedback can help Mansidak develop new features and improve your Frost experience!

21 Likes

I am digging the Room one because I can listen to the fireplace as if I had one. It is so cool I really like this app.

But there should be a little more of a selection though that is just my opinion and nothing more.

Still like it though.

3 Likes

I know, right?? The crackling fireplace is really soothing, especially during these cold days :relieved: One of the holiday themes has ambient holiday music AND fireplace sounds! That one’s really cozy & jolly :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Exactly. I love the sound of the fireplace. Since I don’t have my own fireplace, this is pleasant and really nice.

3 Likes

I shared it on a discord server, and the room theme was popular.

3 Likes

Awesomeness!

3 Likes

Woohoo! It really is pleasant, isn’t it? Makes you feel less…alone :joy:

3 Likes

Yup. LOL!

3 Likes

Ooooooh :eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

2 Likes

I was vibing lots with the Dark and Rage theme for my urban fantasy novel I’m outlining. I’m probably going to also use one of those for when I officially go in and start writing…

3 Likes

Oooooh, sounds like an intriguing combo… :eyes: :black_heart: :fire:

2 Likes

Indeed :eyes: Frost is so much nicer to write in because while I could just pull up Google Docs or something and play ambiance in the background, everything is already condensed and simple on Frost with fewer distractions!

I think the only thing I would want is a way to fullscreen it… you know? I’m so easily distracted and even just seeing the ability to make another tab will distract me :joy:

2 Likes

Omg :joy: Word briefly had that feature for me, but…it mysteriously vanished :woman_shrugging:

Make sure you fill out the survey and suggest it, then :eyes: Might get added if people actually ask for it, haha.

2 Likes

Good point :eyes: I shall, I shall

2 Likes

I’m really glad you’re liking and using it, tbh. It’s such a nifty app. Moar ppl need to see it!

2 Likes

I want to try this so bad but for some reason the sound won’t work for me. I can only write on mobile 90% of the time, has anybody else done it on mobile? I’ve been messing with my phone settings and trying different themes but nothing seems to work

2 Likes

Ohhh, no, I don’t think it works on mobile :slightly_frowning_face: I remember wanting to try it and not getting anywhere. Mansidak had mentioned on the other thread that a mobile app is in the works, but until then, seems it’s only functional on desktop :cry:

1 Like

Damn, I was hoping to see if it would help me get this chapter done. I can usually only use my laptop after my son goes to bed, otherwise he “helps” me write. I’ll try it out tonight then

2 Likes

Fingers crossed that it works out :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Hopefully! It sounds amazing

2 Likes