A Manga:

There used to be a seperate site for it but it was a bit glitchy

Most manga sites are glitchy iffy full of ads. It’s a mess, lol.

1 Like

This one is a ranker game that becomes too real, and for once it’s a rather wholesome shift for the MC.

2 Likes

OMG I was just thinking about asking about manga recommendations, and here’s a whole thread! :open_mouth: There’s so many, I have no idea what to start with. I’ve been trying to find a good romance or romance/comedy to read. I tried this one called “Sweat & Soap” and I… did not like it. There was some concerning messaging in the first two chapters.

I started reading “The Galaxy Next Door” and that one is sweet. Not to mention, the covers are beautiful, first 2 or 3 pages in color. A Galaxy Next Door 1 - Kodansha

I like romances like Tora Dora, Lovely Complex, Ouran High School Host Club, Love is War. Also loved Flunk Punk Rumble though it’s not strictly romance, it was hilarious.

I enjoyed it. Sad it never made it to English translation or I would’ve bought it. :frowning_face: I’ve also got a soft spot for delinquents/yakuza characters in manga/anime. I’ve been collecting, “The way of the househusband,” as a result. :heart:

Anyway, suggestions?

2 Likes

A lot of them have milder issues, made it here easily.

I consider post 15 wholesome. Another Typical Fantasy Romance Novel
Post 20: My Husband Hides His Beauty
28: Villainess Maker is awesome from a writer’s standpoint.
46: The 99th Bride of the Duke
48: I Became the Wife of the Male Lead
50: Under the Oak Tree

All of these are within range of your preference, from the first 50 posts.

One I don’t think I posted that you may like is:

The reason I didn’t is that the story is broken up by tea obsession…which I think is part of the joke against mangas, and there’s not a ton of drama between the couple. So it’s not a bad read, but the excitement level may be an issue for some.

3 Likes

Ooh nice! I’ll def check them out! Thanks! :smile:

1 Like

After that, the range of tolerance can be better gauged, at least for me. Lol

2 Likes

Greatest love story ever

2 Likes

Yeah, I love when she invites him to lunch–her treat!–only she doesn’t have any money, so he has to pay for it all. ☜(ˆ▿ˆc)

3 Likes

Manga has an overabundance of psycho killer love stories. They fit the Bonnie and Clyde / Joker and Harley niche in our psyche. If done right, there’s a strong belief in a man will soften for a woman crazy enough to fit all his needs, no matter how insane he is.

Some of the funniest ones fit this style. It’s just harder on people who are always worried about anything close to red flags.

1 Like

Speaking of psycho killer romances, I think that is where this one is going, but it’s early. The MC and ML were likely both reincarnated, but there’s no confirmations, yet. ML seems to remember their relationship while she doesn’t, so it’s a very uncomfortable relationship, at this point.

2 Likes

The MC and ML are bumbling: which is great because someone one gets it for once:

2 Likes

I guess the style of Isekai is reverse harem?

But, the clearly different relationships the MC has with the 2 MLs and 1FL is very different from person to person. So, it’s not cookie cutter.

1 Like

Yeeeessss! I wish they translated this manga to English so I could buy them all! :sob:

2 Likes

Two females going “overleveled”:

This one is the typical setting for one that turns to romance with a ML that requires a very cunning MC to handle, but it’s not introduced such a man yet, leaving the intelligent Isekai/reincarnation of 16 to play detective and political mover in “High Society”.

This one is closer to the “God reincarnating as his weaker self with the knowledge to quickly level up and put everyone in their place, those mere ants”.

Definitely a well-versed dungeon-crawler. She honking beats up annarchangel in the dimension she Isekaied into. But it lacks the cultural and gender issues I find in this genre: as in, the conflicts that trigger her make sense, instead of coming across as a testosterone laden power move combined with a very cultural reaction of letting people dig their own graves instead of clearing up confusion immediately. Not that those bother me, but it makes it harder to recommend them, especially when the MC has mysogenistic overtones. Only read up to 12 chapters with this one, so far, so it can take a nose dive, but I suspect this is just a better rounded story.

2 Likes

It’s a regression fireman level-up. Very clean cut, can’t think of one thing to complain about that would be worth complaining about.

2 Likes

This one, once you get past the very faintly mangled English in a couple spots, is really aiming to be a bit more intelligent. That and some of the MC’s looks are RBF. Strong MC and ML.

2 Likes

I’ve only checked out the first chapter so far, but this one looks good. I’ll read it later when I have more time. What’s RBF mean?

1 Like

Resting bitch face. The MC makes some sardonic looks in places where you’d expect romance all of a sudden. It fits the story, so it’s not wholly out of place.

2 Likes

An Isekai of a gamer into a lazy lord’s body. He has an Analog of Albedo. Could be accused of hareming, but I don’t see it that way. First season is about the first 40 chapters?

2 Likes