Aerith and Bob???

In your story, do you have unique fantasy names along with common real-life names as well?

Like in my story, I have two characters named Izren and Phara (short for Pharaoh) then I have a random person named Romero.

There is also Faust (short for Faustina) and Alve/Solai.

I tend to get creative then go back to the basics. LOL!

For more information, here is the TVTropes version:

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AerithAndBob

2 Likes

I have a Romero as well, and for the Vaqueros, he’s their biggest rival. He is a leader of the Veronas, the Italian motorbike gang that hates the Vaqueros ‘cause they’re always at each others’ throats and they hate Max and have tried to kidnap him several times, but he always finds a way out.

I also have a character called Eliel, he’s 27 and Ricky’s son. I have a Yadiel somewhere as well. Most of my characters have names that would be considered ‘normal’ for their cultures, though. Not a lot of them are super unique.

2 Likes

Cool. Yeah, Romero is actually the younger brother of Phara (aka Pharaoh). I was going to name Romero Kai (Kaiser for short) but that would be playing too much into a theme that I have going on.

Eliel and Yadiel sound pretty awesome. Like they could be twins or something like that.

2 Likes

Names serve a purpose. Like for werewolves, I’ve made the assumption that these may be long dynastic families and they are trying to blend in with humans, so flouncy weird names would be far less likely.

So, Rachael and Nathaniel, Jonah, strong names.

Their wolves are something else. Rachael’s is Leah: a biblical joke.

And Nathaniel’s is Ryder.

Ryder is the human that leads that cartoon Paw Patrol.

Nathaniel was born roughly around 1999, so he’d be almost 14 when it came out, and his younger brothers would be about 12 (so, too old for Paw Patrol), but as the Alpha of a pack with a sense of humor, and wolves take all of their history lived by the human side as NOW, when they form, it doesn’t surprise me to see Ryder as an Alpha wolf. Lmao

2 Likes

Eliel and Yadirel sound like the names of angels that prophets in The Old Testement saw.

“And then there was Yadriel, a flaming wheel wrapped with snakes, who descended from the heavens.”

1 Like

As long as it makes sense within the world I’ll use whatever names suit the characters. I have a Tobin and a Tiraethsi in the same book so :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

That. Sounds. So. Dope.

Seriously, it does.

I’m using fantasy-ish names all the way through in my current WIP.

I’m having a lot of fun in this one because all the characters are part of a guild of adventurers and heroes so they have a real name, and a Guild name which is something like a nickname or title that you earn.

So all the proper heroes have Guild Names like Hawk, Sabre, Skulltaker, Wraith, Stargazer, ect.

My main characters are kind of the bottom of their class so their real names are Beryl, Easton, and Alesia and their Guild names are Parsnip, Mouse, and Quintain (just for reference a Quintain is a kind of dummy they used for jousting practice)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.