Among My Pointe Shoes

Hello!:smiley: (If I didn’t already creep you out by using that emoji, you’re welcome to read on!)

Table of contents under construction
Beautiful dancing

#37 - Swans for relief
#43 - Romeo & Juliet balcony pas de deux

Ballet excerpts for comparison (polls)

#43 - Romeo & Juliet balcony pas de deux

Ballet explained

This text will be hidden

Ballet humour + memes

#13 - Ballet memes
#23 - Parody of the ballet Giselle
#25 - More ballet memes …
#29 - The evolution of pointe work
#30 - La Bayadere
#33 - Swan Lake
#49 - Ballet & football
#60 - Situations dancers can relate to

Ballet photography

#48 - Simplicity in ballet

Famous ballets

#30 - La Bayadere (1)
#33 - Swan Lake (1)
#43 - Romeo & Juliet (1)

Learn from ballet!

#55 - Good posture

Polls

#41 - Polls about your relationship with ballet

Quotes & inspiration

#47 - There is no force more beautiful …
#59 - You don’t have to know about ballet to enjoy it …

Random ballet things

#46 - Fun facts

Truths about being a ballet dancer

#50 - Things that dancers are sick of hearing
#60 - Situations dancers can relate to

I’m sorry to tell you that you just stumbled straight into my pointe shoes - apologises for the awful smell!:ballet_shoes::face_with_hand_over_mouth: Anyway; I’m Violet and this is a place for my ballet talk, rambles, random memes and bad humor. Feel free to stop by, say hello, chat, or lurk - whatever you prefer. If you bring pointe shoes or flowers, you’re especially welcome!:ballet_shoes::bouquet: (just saying :joy: - no, really: everybody is welcome!:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:)

:cherry_blossom::tulip::cherry_blossom::tulip::cherry_blossom::tulip::cherry_blossom::tulip::cherry_blossom::tulip::cherry_blossom::tulip::cherry_blossom::tulip::cherry_blossom:

WARNING: I’m horrible when it comes to small talk. You’re welcome to try and I’ll do my best - just so you know what to expect! :see_no_evil:

Conversation starter:

What do you think? Accurate? What are your thoughts when you hear the word “ballet”?

Or if you prefer that: Hello! How has your day been?/What’s on your mind right now?

:cherry_blossom::tulip::cherry_blossom::tulip::cherry_blossom::tulip::cherry_blossom::tulip::cherry_blossom::tulip::cherry_blossom::tulip::cherry_blossom::tulip::cherry_blossom:

MNFOTOGRAFIA on Twitter

Welcome to the world of ballet!:hugs:

:ballet_shoes::hibiscus::ballet_shoes::hibiscus::ballet_shoes::hibiscus::ballet_shoes::hibiscus::ballet_shoes::hibiscus::ballet_shoes::hibiscus::ballet_shoes::hibiscus::ballet_shoes:

11 Likes

helloo!

lmao why are all these emojis so creepy :slightly_smiling_face: :upside_down_face: :smiley:

:tulip: tulip? :rose: or a rose? or maybe just pointe shoes! :ballet_shoes: :ballet_shoes: :ballet_shoes:

I dont know anything about ballet-

I’m good! Wbu? Nothing really, just bored. :smiley: (I think we talked about that emoji already-)

3 Likes

Heh, I think I might lurk here, haha, for research purposes :joy: I don’t know a lot about ballet, but I’ve been on a dance drama spree for a while, lol, and ballet is bound to pop up.

5 Likes

Helloooo!:smiley:

I just find it funny that people think they are creepy …:joy::joy: So I use them because of that!:smiley:

I love tulips!:tulip::two_hearts:

I love roses too!!:rose::rose::rose:

Thank you, those are always welcome!:blush::ballet_shoes:

Doesn’t matter at all!:blush:

Good to hear! I’m good too. I’m thinking about ballet right now, lol!:smiley:

3 Likes

Lurkers are welcome!:smiley:

Feel free to ask any questions you might have! I’m a ballet nerd and would love to help if there’s something you are wondering about regarding the ballet world!:ballet_shoes:

4 Likes

I remember it being really hard.

Have a favorite ballet?

3 Likes

:point_up_2:t2: facts

I find it hard to choose favourites, but Romeo and Juliet is definitely high up on the list. I like the ballet much better than the play by Shakespeare … :sweat_smile:
Do you have a favourite ballet?

3 Likes

I like the plot of Firebird. That’s a ballet, right?

2 Likes

Yes, that’s a ballet. I’ve never seen it, though …

2 Likes

Ah, it is a little obsure…

2 Likes

Yeah, maybe~

But aren’t all ballets?:sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Unless it’s Swan Lake or Nutcracker

3 Likes

If you don’t understand the memes, feel free to ask away - some of them are real inside jokes …

The mystery of ballet

Swan Lake

Swan Lake in a Nutshell

Finally someone found a picture to describe this!

Wild Wednesday Push Down Pull Up

Ahhh - that moment ...😌

25 Existentialist Animals

Table of contents

3 Likes

True, even though I’d say even those have their obscure moments (depending on the choreography):laughing:

3 Likes

I see.

I also saw one of the memes. Does matching mean that they’re a destined pair or doomed? Or both?

2 Likes

It means that the couples in ballet mysteriously have matching costumes, even though, if the story had been in real life, they have never met each other. It doesn’t really make much sense that two people meeting each other for the first time has matching clothes!:joy:

Paris and Juliet were meant to be a couple(arranged marriage) and therefore had matching clothes. Despite the matching clothes(:laughing:), they didn’t end up together …

2 Likes

y is she flying like that tho? :anguished:

3 Likes

It makes sense on a theatrical level, and it’s kind of cool.

2 Likes

Yes …:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: It’s a jump. Taken straight out of a performance. No tricks here!

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s definitely done that way to make it easier for the audience to spot the couples at a long distance. But when thinking about it it is a bit unrealistic!:upside_down_face:

2 Likes