šŸ¤Æ Any other AI art addicts here? šŸ¤Æ

Iā€™m guilty of it too but Iā€™m careful.

While Iā€™ve had good luck creating Ruby without mentioning names, Seri never comes out well if I just describe him. The actorā€™s name greatly helps the prompt.
But I donā€™t keep the images that look too much like the actor, plus, in the shots where he looks very similar, heā€™s also too old so more motivation not to use those. The ones I like the most, look nothing like the actor.

Okay, hereā€™s my phone gallery snippet (judge away). Can you tell which actor Iā€™m using in my prompt?

Btw, I had a moment of panic yesterday. I wanted to show my son (14) a funny meme I saved and gave him my phone but then realized that if he started scrolling through my imagesā€¦ uhmmmm How do I explain why I need hundreds of images of teenage boys? Itā€™s for a book, I swear!

2 Likes

That looks so cool! :open_mouth: How do you bend the ai to your will? I only get weird or mediocre results. Is the key not to be specific or be super specific?

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t be able to tell who most actors are when they are under 30. The first thought that comes to mind is Zach Effron, but after his face injury and resulting surgeries on top of just getting ā€œolder male faceā€, he looks more like David Hasselhoff now.

2 Likes

So, Iā€™ve been doing a different ai thing. Specifically Nokemon because I discovered the Fakemon community on YouTube by chance.

I got this:

Drew this based on that

But I could not, for the life of me, get midjourney to give me any of the epic stuff other people were generating in the discord server. I just could not figure it out. Some people were giving really specific detailed prompts. Is that the trick?

2 Likes

Not Zach, but I can see why youā€™d think that. I think it helps me that the actor is a brunette and Iā€™m changing his hair color in addition to making him a lot younger than what majority of his photos are.

2 Likes

Itā€™s not a very strong likeness. Just enough for am impression.

1 Like

So hereā€™s what Iā€™ve learned so far:

1. The beginning words matter the most.
  2. Donā€™t try to add too many things to the image. So describe one thing in detail, give AI something concrete to latch onto. Imagine Google search results when you donā€™t want to get a variety of images but a ton of images that are very similar.
  3. Experiment with keywords. For example, for Seriā€™s images above, I wanted to give him dark blond or light brown hair but AI doesnā€™t get that concept. It will give me either blond or brown so I had to compromise to make him blonder than what I imagined. Similarly for Lamassu images, keyword ā€œblack pantherā€ kept giving me superheroes but black lioness gave me big cats. Words matter.
  4. Once you pick a focal thing for AI to create, add style. Iā€™ll admit shamelessly that Iā€™m using a real artist, Josephine Wall, because I love the results it gives me. Her artwork is colorful and imaginative and AI responds to it well. As comparison, Greg Rutkowski gives me much simpler but also nice images. But you can also use genre or art style to help guide AI.
    I do recommend playing with a free one like Dream first because then you can experiment with keywords until you land on good ones and then you can try those on Midjourney or the like.
  5. When you land on something good, keep milking it. Regenerate that prompt, maybe change a word or two and if it starts coming out too abstract, get back to the good point, put the good words back.

Okay, letā€™s run an experiment. Iā€™m going to play with a few prompts and get back with results.

3 Likes

Btw, I was feeling down last night, felt a bit triggered and wanted to make myself feel better so I started generating cats. And I love all of them but here is my fave.
Actually, you know what, let me change my avatar because this is me. Iā€™m a cat.

2 Likes

And hereā€™s the great prompt experiment.
I want to create a vehicle from my story. How close will AI get to how I imagine it? Letā€™s find out.

Iā€™m using Dream by Wombo (web, not phone app).

1. Hoverpod floating over road in a city magically powered science fantasy magitech
    HDR setting

Just ok.

Comic

Thatā€™s kinda cool. Letā€™s tweak.

1. oval Hover pod floating over road in a city magically powered science fantasy magitech
    Comic setting

Getting there.

1. Clear glass oval Hover pod floating over road in a city magically powered science fantasy magitech
    Comic

It looks like a train. I think itā€™s starting to get confused.

The ground pod looks interesting but the air one is not it.
    Letā€™s tweak.

2. Clear glass egg shaped Hover pod floating over road in a city magic science fantasy arcane magitech
    Comic

Hmmm. This gives me an idea.

3. Clear glass capsule floating over road in a city magic science fantasy arcane magitech
    Comic

Hehe. Took it literally.

4. Clear glass space capsule floating over road in a city magic science fantasy arcane magitech
    Comic

Itā€™s confused.

Letā€™s start from scratch.

1. Glass hoverpod hovering over road city at night science fantasy tron
    Comic

Eh, no. Earlier was better.

2. Glass hoverpod floating over road city at night science fantasy magitech
    Comic

Flying saucer. :joy:

Anyway, you can see the process. Give it an object (hoverpod) a setting (city) and style (genre).

Okay. One more try, letā€™s see what happens when I ask it for more.

1. Two people in Glass hoverpod floating over road city at night science fantasy magitech
    Comic

Nice saucers but not what I asked for.
Comic has a tendency to create panels so letā€™s try HDR again.

Thatā€™s not bad actually. Letā€™s cut the people.

1. Glass hoverpod floating over road city at night science fantasy magitech
    HDR

Kinda cool though too sci Fi.
    I stopped saving each but ran through a lot more until I arrived at this beauty.

2. Oval Glass hoverpod hovering over road city at night urban fantasy magitech transport
    HDR

This one is as close as Iā€™ll ever get. Itā€™s now official.

3 Likes

Itā€™s a lot of trial and error.

Thatā€™s supposed to be a ā€œstained glass galaxyā€ with a clear rocket as a base pic.

I donā€™t know if Iā€™m looking at a lava light or something far more adultā€¦

3 Likes

I tried seeing if I can get Night Cafe to create my fictional city. Not exactly what I had in mind, but good for inspiration at least.

I think I do prefer a commission. Itā€™s expensive, but at least you can work closely with someone, give them examples of styles/things you like, specify how characters look/act etc. And if the artist is good, youā€™ll get what youā€™re expecting or even better. Rather than trying to figure out the jackpot magic keywords thatā€™ll generate something even remotely close to whatā€™s in your imagination. :thinking: I tried Art Breeder and the user experience was so confusing for me, I gave up lol

4 Likes

I spent 2 hours messing with dream doing the exact thing of your process and justā€¦trying it over and over and getting annoyed with ads towards the end :stuck_out_tongue: Itā€™s pretty cool if you specifically know what you are looking for.

1 Like

I did generate some good ones and I would show you, but my iPad is at 1% so maybe tomorrow :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

The ads is why I prefer the web version. No ads on the web.

2 Likes

The web version severely glitches for me. I canā€™t see all the options of styles. What are you using it on? Iā€™m using Chrome.

1 Like

Chrome on both my phone and my laptop.

There was a couple of glitchy days that I stepped away from it. I think they were testing new presets maybe. I donā€™t know. Itā€™s not the most reliable one but freeā€¦

2 Likes

OMG. Both, Shutterstock and Adobe Stock accepted my images!

I have 3 images officially up - the same ones on both.

(yes, thatā€™s my real name)

I donā€™t know how long the window for selling AI generated images is going to last. This space is very unregulated at the time and no one knows what will happen in the future. So for now, I will add a few more while theyā€™re accepting.

1 Like

Well, thatā€™s a temptation for me, lol. Especially as I do a ton of editing. Just got to figure out their guidelines.

2 Likes

So, edited that first ā€œnot nudeā€ today:

Had to:
Recolor the clothing, clone an eye, add whites/hilights to the eyes, restructure nose, lips, fingertip, copy hair stretch arm and reshade, adjust one boob a hair, fix a line in the cloth that looked like aborted lettering (and messed up the look of the cloth).

Essentially, this is the same portrait, as thereā€™s not any major edits, except for the little sparkle/stars.

2 Likes

As promised, here are the attempts with Dream. You can tell how hard I tried the prompts.

Keyword symmetric gave such a cool effect.

2 Likes