Any Webtoon Fans?

Hiya,

Just wanted to see if there were any Webtoon fans out there? I read a LOT of them, but I don’t know anyone else that reads them. I thought today was Friday for a while and was literally counting down the time until Midnight Poppy Land and then it hit me… It’s not Fridayyyy. :sob:

Anyway, I have so many I haven’t really read them all or haven’t caught up. I only keep up with a handful. That handful currently is:

• Midnight Poppy Land
  • Lore Olympus
  • Brimstone & Roses
  • Cursed Princess Club
  • Let’s Play
  • The Wolfman of Wulvershire
  • Subzero
  • Like Wind on a Dry Branch
  • My Gently Raised Beast

Lol I say a “handful” but now that I’m typing them out… :see_no_evil: Okay, for everyone’s sake, I’ll stop listing. :laughing:

I kept up with these too, but they’re on break:

• Remarried Empress (obsessed with this one, I’m reading the translated version of the Korean novel to maintain sanity lol)
  • Suitor Armor

Anyway, anyone want to discuss current or series that are already finished, give recommendations and so on, I’d love to do that with people. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi. I have zero experience with webtoons, but Killing Stalking sounds interesting. What’s your opinion on that?

I don’t read on Webtoons very often but I mostly go there to read “Space Boy” “Not So Shojo Love Story” and “Boyfriends” but that’s mostly because I was either reading them or saw them advertised on another platform or I was told to read it by friends. I have read more comics in the past on that app but I eventually dropped them for one reason or another

1 Like

I love True Beauty and I Love Yoo but haven’t read them lately since I wanted to let them catch up so I can binge read all in one sitting. Man, I hate having to wait a week between episodes. (ง︡’-'︠)ง

1 Like

Is that a series or …? I’m not sure what that is and I’m afraid to google it. :laughing:

2 Likes

I haven’t heard of those. Space boy looks fun. I know what you mean. Too much stuff on there and not enough time to really sit there and keep up with series. I have a lot of them that I never finished reading either. I’d like to… some day? :laughing:

1 Like

There’s soooo many places to read content too x-x Webtoon has came late into my knowledge (and I have no idea if they have free options for coins) so I tend to only go there if I know any free series pushed by others

Space Boy is a really nice comic, it does delve into heavier type subjects later into the series such as mental health so if you’re okay with that (or can find the right mental place for it) I say check it out

1 Like

I think I tried the first episode or two of True Beauty and didn’t get into it, although I know it’s super popular. Maybe I just didn’t give it enough of a chance. I’m also a fan of I Love Yoo, and when I first discovered it, I binged it all in a few days and made it to the last few episodes where I had to wait weekly. That series is so good and yet, it’s so stressful! Is that just me? I guess that’s kind of the point. There’s a lot of drama in there, and I friggin’ hate Q-tip’s mom. She’s so toxic to both of her sons. So I saw that there was the next season, but I need to prepare myself emotionally lol I’m purposely letting it stack up.

I think this is one of the few series I’ve read that have so many ships, and I actually don’t want the main female lead to get into a relationship with any of them (unless it’s with the sweet Russian guy) because the other two interests belong to such a toxic family, and they have a lot going on internally. Both of those dudes need some serious therapy before trying to get into a relationship. In my opinion anyway. Maybe the new season will change my mind. :thinking:

1 Like

I’m okay with mental health topics. I was also reading “At Arm’s Length” that tackles those subjects head on, and is written by someone with experience. It potentially looks like a sweet story though. I like stuff like that too (when I’m not in the mood for typical “bad boy” romance or something). One of my favorites that I actually finished is called Family Man. The art is really fun, but it has very serious topics, and it’s made me laugh, even cry. It’s definitely memorable.

1 Like

I’ll have to check it out when I got the time!

It’s currently like 12 am for me so I should honestly hit the hay x-x

1 Like

Let me know when you think if you ever get a chance to read it. It’s more of a family story than a romance. I’ll see if I check out Space Boy too. G’night! :wave:

1 Like

If I’m not reading Wattpad or almost-due library books, I’m reading Webtoons. I love the manga style of a lot of WEBTOON series I’ve seen, but some of them are also nice as a pass time because I’m childish and I like illustrations with stories :joy:

(Yes, I can read, but the designs are just so fun to look at as you read.)

Lore Olympus is the reason I started reading on there, my friend recommended it, and I was hooked. There’s a lot of merch coming out and then the book, and I’m fangirling slightly.

Let’s Play has also been an emotional rollercoaster!

1 Like

Oof, there are so many, I’m addicted :joy:

Still, I think few of my favs are Eleceed, Odd Girl Out, Pyramid Game, Parallel City and Gourmet Hound. There are more that I read, but for now just assume there’s at least one new ep for me to read every day. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

raises hand I may read to much to keep track, but all time favorites are probably Lessa, Noblesse, Eleceed, Your Throne, Unholy Blood, Windbreaker, I’m the Grim Reaper, checks webtoon Surviving romance, It’s mine, Lost in Translation, hero Killer, omniscient reader, Dear X and a lot more.

Basically to summarize, I like reading action/thriller, horror, fantasy, supernatural, and sci-fi webtoons:))

1 Like

It’s pretty messed up and a lot of people are shipping the two main characters in a really unhealthy way. I found myself reading it from curiosity and found the story good, but it’s got so many things that scream red flags :sweat_smile:

Didn’t read all the way through, but I did find a really good YouTube video review/essay about it which was super good. Really highlights the toxic relationship at hand in there

It’s a psychological horror manga (I forgot the Korean version of that) on a serial killer and his stalker. It’s pretty messed up and has a lot of adult content, so I’d advise you to read it only if you’re comfortable with that.

2 Likes

OMG I READ SOME OF THESE XDD

• Midnight Poppyland (waiting for update too xD)
  • Lore Olympus (trying to catch up :eyes:)
  • Lets Play (the wait’s killing me :pleading_face: )
  • My Gently Raised Beast (catching up… Dx)
  • Remarried Empress (omg I love this :star_struck:)

I’m pretty sure (actually, 100% sure xD) I read many others but I can’t list them all rn XDD maybe when I get home haha xD

2 Likes

Did you know that the remarried empress is turning into a drama? :eyes:

3 Likes

Will do!

Liking stories with illustrations is not childish. I have a full time job and I pay my bills, I’ll be damned if I can’t enjoy something just because it has pictures. I enjoy both comics and books. :heart:

Lore Olympus is getting SO good. That was actually the second Webtoon that I read and then I was hooked. I’ve seen the merch, and the books, and I definitely want some, but my budget hasn’t allowed those kind of goodies in it yet.

And yep, Let’s Play is pretty good this season too. I’m not sure who I’m supposed to ship her with anymore. :weary:

1 Like