Ask a sentient cube anything

Ask a sentient cube anything. His name is Maurice, and I will translate for him.

Oh yeah, he also has the power to end the world and absorb black holes.

2 Likes

Is he an overpowered alien or some type of eldritch abomination?

2 Likes

He’s an eldritch, formed by years of the Clockers’ time traveling, and their mistakes. They don’t know that yet, because he sits deep within the expanse, waiting to be awakened by some dumb pirate.

2 Likes

Ah, I see.

Is he based off of any popular eldritch aliens in other people’s fiction?
Sorry, I know you wanted me to ask the character something, but instead I am asking you something. LOL!

2 Likes

Not really, I just thought he would be a good plot point, and something different in terms of character.

2 Likes

Ah, okay.

So, this must be different for you. Have you ever written science-fiction or fantasy before?
I vaguely remember you mentioning that you wouldn’t write genres like that a while back.

I might be confusing you with someone else. I am sorry if I have.

I shall return with more questions.

2 Likes

Does Maurice have the concept of time? Does he have a morning to night routine?

2 Likes

Does Maurice have an appearance that can break the human psyche or kill them if a human caught a glimpse of him?

3 Likes

lol, I like your question XD

3 Likes

Thank you. LOL!

3 Likes

It is different for me. I have incorporated elements of them both into my stories if I have had to.

Nope, he doesn’t. He spends most of his time under the dark expanse.

If he glows bright enough when he’s angry or overly excited, it can absorb a human if they don’t get back in time. When he’s in normal mode, humans can be sick if they stand too close to him.

1 Like

What are the topics he thinks the most about when he’s in a calm state?

2 Likes
  • What would happen if he got out of the Expanse.

• Who he would explode first.

• If there are still bacon burgers in Randy’s.

2 Likes

So, he eats? How much does he need to eat to stay alive?

2 Likes

Oh, I see. So, you are trying new things, huh?

That seems a bit minor compared to most eldritch abominations who kills a human instantly the moment they lay eyes on such a being. Incomprehensible beings are extremely hard for mere mortals such as us to understand.

LOL!

2 Likes

About 3kg of kelp every day. Sometimes chicken, if it floats close enough.

Yep, lol.

Yeah, Maurice could technically absorb a human in a second IF they met him and he was very angry/excited in the wrong moment. But that doesn’t happen often.

2 Likes

What is the Expanse exactly?
You said,

I need to know what’s going on here :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Does Maurice have more of a Daoist or Confusionist philosophy-is he type A or Type B?

1 Like

An endless void of time and space lodged in the middle of the ocean. If it explodes, humanity goes. It was created accidentally as well.

Sometimes people on the beach don’t throw out their garbage and the Expanse sucks it in, and Maurice eats it.

Maurice says he doesn’t know because the Expanse doesn’t have a reliable internet connection and hasn’t done any tests.

2 Likes

Can Maurice eat anything? Or is it only food that he eats?

How big is Maurice and how big is the Expanse?

How long has Maurice been there and how did he get his name?

2 Likes