UPDATED!! Ask me about characters, magick, setting, and I'll ask you, too

Interesting! Is that typical for kattalunae? What caused it to die?

Did her father have any other options, or was she the only choice?

That’s adorable. :pleading_face: Nothing tugs at my heart-strings more than siblings in stories.

If they’re in the realm of the living, nope. In the realm of the dead, yup! And I think the opposite might work for living people that end up in the afterlife.

In the realm of the living, nope. In the afterlife…possibly. I think if the camera is charged with lux, then it might be capable of taking pictures of ghosts. And because of the lux, I think maybe the photographs end up red?

Yup! And since any object is actually a copy of objects from the living realm that were carried over into the afterlife if someone was holding them when they died, the tech in the afterlife is on par with the realm of the living, to an extent.

I don’t think there’s internet or cell phone service, but most electrical devices can be used if powered by lux.

Nonexistent! ᕕ( ᐕ )ᕗ

Hmmmm, This isn’t something I’ve explored just yet. I don’t think there are actual schools, but I’m sure most children learn at home, taught under their guardians. Or maybe there’s like schoolhouses or something where similarly aged children ghosts gather and are taught by older ghosts? I don’t think there’s any kind of graduation, or any kind of a formal schedule or anything.

2 Likes

Love a good rabbit hole :joy:

So it’s normal to develop it as they get older but not to be born with it? And it can only be in the clan leader’s family? Is it weaker/stronger in certain leaders compared to others? What makes it this way if it is?

For some reason that sounds like it starts going down the romance path

Ooooo can I ask what it is? :eyes:

Does that mean there were dormant genes in some of the humans that got activated when they went to the Fourth Ring? Why’s only the Fourth Ring magic dense? Is genetics the reason why some can use it and others can’t or are there people with the genes who can’t do it (like the Squibs in Harry Potter)?

Ah, yes, power always makes people snobbish :relieved: Well, more often than not

Okay, Humans come in all shapes and sizes so how can they always be a head taller? Or have I misunderstood this? :rofl:

Ohhhhhhhh yep got it :+1:

Light-Benders are beings with the ability to manipulate light. At least, that’s the explanation they give to outsiders :tipping_hand_woman: Most of the time, so long as there’s a nearby light source (even if it’s something small), they can use it to light up a room, create light-based attacks, create heat. It depends on the strength of the source.

Zoe personally can do the basic stuff like lighting up areas and light-based attacks but she prefers to use a blaster or just avoid fighting. She prefers working on her creations instead of being out in the field (unless the job demands it)

Zoe specifically? No. That’s not something Light-Benders can really do. I’m still developing the species so might be able to add something in but, currently, it’s a very rare ability because you need a lot of power to do that.

Another species, the Dreama, can create lightning. So that’s something :joy:

Mermaids. Mermen. Mer. There’s a bit of a running joke throughout the series about how the Walkers (Humans) mistranslated the word Zer to Mer. There are lots of different types of Zer.

I don’t actually have a name for the Zer Tongue yet :thinking: She also speaks Lyriumian and a lot of Creation’s more common languages, but she’s often wearing her Technomagic Translator so doesn’t have to worry about learning them unless she wants to because the Translator translates for both parties.

So, Dragonoids are Humanoid Dragons. Basically they’re Humanoids with dragon wings and their appearances slightly change depending on the sub-species. There’s a whole lot of different types (fire, water, earth, air, light, dark, storm/electricity, ice and vision). Each has their own territory on Dragmire (their homeworld) but stuff happened. Fire Dragonoids are the most common and Vision Dragonoids are the least common.

Fire Dragonoids: Dragonoids with the ability to use fire in the way dragons can. They’re fireproof, can breath fire, and have some fire manipulation to use it as they want when they want (within reason). They’re mainly red-skinned with black hair and wings, and orange or red eyes. They can’t really do water all that much because it weakens their power and too much exposure can be deadly.

Vision Dragonoids: Dragonoids who have the ability to see visions. This can be done through touch, calling on the Flame, cards, crystals. Whatever they find works for them. They can see visions of the past or future. No idea what their original appearance is because they’ve been practically wiped out (stuff happened). Carmin is the only one any of my characters know about. She was able to hide her abilities for the most part because she’s part Fire Dragon and has that tradition appearance (more or less), and her sister is a Light Dragon

Husband and wife :grin:

Ah, that depends on the Fae and the world/s they’re on. There are quite a lot. They’re one of the more common species. Here’s three worlds. I can tell more about them in detail if you’d like.

• U.F.W. (United Fae Worlds) → a solar system inhabited mostly by Fae. It’s got six planets
  • Zievis (Jay’s homeworld) → a planet co-inhabited
  • Tes-Pyroc (yeah, we don’t talk about this one) → a Fae world trying to become part of the U.F.W. who a lot of people aren’t a big fan of.

i recomment picking from the first two because I’m biased

Local inhabitants of Terpola, one of the two God Worlds and the planet of Darkness, Evil, and Chaos.

Well, she has wings and pointed ears. That basically gives the Fae part away. She doesn’t really have any Terpolite features other than being able to see on the spectrum Lyriumans and Terpolites see on because of her heritage :thinking: The Fae genes are WAY stronger

1 Like

Not typical. Nobody knows.

But I know. To grab a previous answer:

Only the leader has the authority to heal, and since Pinti has lunar magick it was only natural for her to become the leader. Also, she’s the eldest and traditionally, the eldest succeeds the leader.

XD

I laughed because I imagined someone staring at their ghost body in the mirror and trying to see if they can see their own guts or something XD

That sounds sinister :open_mouth: Like the kind you might see in a horror movie.

So, the ghosts can’t call their living loved ones with a phone they brought with them to the afterlife?

lol, alrighty XD

I read that and I was like, “Ha! Gotcha. Finally something you haven’t thought much about yet!” So far, every question, you’ve had a pretty solid answer :wink: I was trying to find a thing that you might not have thought about much.

Maybe school is like an apprenticeship type of thing? Then when the mentor deems them learned enough, the mentor “graduates” the student? At some point, you do have to stop going to school.

• Are there malls in the afterlife? What kinds of shop are there?
  • What is your favorite part about the afterlife world you created?
  • What are some aspects, besides schooling, that you have yet to explore about the afterlife world?
1 Like

My name is NARB and I am here to say that in touhou canon, you can eat phantoms, the souls of animals and plants, and not just eat, but cook them. Even if you are a regular human.

The implicaitons are bizarre and horrifying.

1 Like

I’m gonna summarize my answers, but not your questions, because it’s easier for me to see them again if I have to go back and remember why I asked something.

My answers!
Magick of clan leaders vs villagers

Historically, Lunar magick is strong only in the leaders’ families. Each leader has the same strength of power. This is because the leaders’ ancestors were gifted lunar magick from the Lunar Goddess, but a slightly weaker form compared to the royal Kattalunae (that died and went extinct during a war).

The other, villager/commoner Kattalunae have an even weaker form of this. They can use it to make relaxing teas, but not healing potions. They don’t have the strength or authority to use magick for healing. Only the leaders have that.

About being born with it

Magick has to exist in the parent for the child to be born with it. But as it grows weaker in the parent, the child born will come with a weakened form. Then as the generation goes on, the weaker it gets because if it is weak, they can’t do much with it. Lunar magick is a muscle that must be used to maintain strength, and it is passed down through the generations.

It does, but not with those two, and quite a while passed that chapter :stuck_out_tongue: I think Scotch would think you’re crazy to even suggest that he and his best friend Mason could become romantic. Oh yeah, speaking of Scotch, he sees Pinti in his story :wink:

Ask Scotch and Mason. They’re the ones that figured it out.
From Paws Chase Murder Case

But he and Mason had figured out Syaraize. Generally, in the morning, a shift was every fifteen minutes. Walls to paths, paths to walls. It also depended on how hot it was outside. Today was a moderately hot day and when he’d asked the waiter, the shifts would be more frequent because it was hot.

Apparently, that’s the science.

Yes, to the first question! Humans have the genes already. Just that Earth had no magick for them to realize they had the genes. Actually from the Third Ring on, magick is dense. But over time, the Fourth Ring became rife with magick because Sorcerers are using it all the time there.

In the Fifth Ring, very rarely, so magick slowly faded. It’s not gone. Just not so dense all over. The Sixth Ring has dense locations, but not dense overall. The Third Ring has magick over it’s entirety but it is quite faded. The Second Ring, quite faded. The First Ring, only dense where the Portal Station exists.

The people with genes can always do magick. In fact, magick comes out naturally if they don’t learn to control it, and then it can explode, and they can be in big trouble. Those with magick must go to school to learn to control their magick. After that, what they choose to do with it depends on how important status is to them. They can choose not to learn any spells beyond the basics, but then they risk being shunned in Sorcerer society.

Sorry, I’m talking averages :stuck_out_tongue: Humans have become short and have gotten shorter. When they first arrived, they were already short and on average, have been a head shorter than all native Elganians. Today, Kattalunae are quite tall and on average, a head taller than the average Human.

I hope that made sense :stuck_out_tongue:

And now, questions and comments.

Ah, okay, so how do they create lightning?

My character that can create lightning can’t create it out of thin air. He points the light beam up at the sky, creating a storm and lightning. The energy reacting with the…you probably know lightning science more than I do, so I’ll stop here XD He can also electrocute people a little bit.

Interesting! Tell me about the rarest one and what makes them so rare.

How is the translator created? What’s it made out of? How does it work?

I had this story where a character who can’t speak English swallows a pill and can speak fluent English after two days. (This is from my silly middle-grade sci-fi story that does not explain any of the science, so don’t ask XD )

Does that mean rain, too? What do they do when it rains?

How is it that she and her sister are different Dragonoids? Can Carmin choose whether she wants to see the past or future or does it happen automatically without control? How far into the past or future can Vision Dragonoids see?

oh, awesome! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Does Dan know that Carmin is a Vision Dragonoid?
Do Dan and Carmin have children together?
How did they meet? What do they each like about the other?

Well, I’m of course curious about the one you don’t want to talk about XD What is so bad about this world? And how did it get its name?

And tell me the names of the six planets of U.F.W. in order from the sun.

That doesn’t sound good XD

The spectrum? You mean vision? What do you exactly mean?

1 Like

Just a random war orrrrrrrr?

Why are the royals stronger? Did the Luna Goddess give them more power? Why don’t the leader’s have that much? Has the amount they have decreased over time? What made the Luna Goddess choose those/that family?

So all the Kattalunae have it? How did the village/commoners get even the small amount? Was it the Luna Goddess again? If so, why only give them a small amount?

Is this part of why it’s gotten weaker? The muscle is wearing out?

Oooooo love a good crossover

So it’s a weather thing and a time thing or plot convenience?

What happened to the magic on the Third Ring?

Hogwarts? :eyes: But seriously what’s the school/s like?

So, the more magic they are capable of, the higher their status? And they can pick how high a status they want to have?

Yup yup all good.

The Dreama have to come together (three or more) and sing an ancient song that calls upon the power of the Gods. They create the lightning. But it uses a lot of energy to summon this power so it’s only done in emergencies or when the plot demands it

So he makes lightning the traditional way. Got it :joy:

The three main species of Zer are Nereid (basically “regular” Zer, live in the most inhabited layer of the ocean, can go between saltwater and freshwater but most prefer salt, etc), Naiad (shallow-water Zer that mostly live in freshwater areas or the shallower parts of the ocean) and Oceanid (mostly live in the Depths). Within these are many classes (I had to do a rather ridiculous amount of mermaid mythology research so there’s lots of different types from lots of different cultures (yes there are Sirens)) and whatnot but that’s the general version everyone knows.

The rarest ones are Oceanids (so deep water Zer). They’re rare because very few creatures can handle the pressure levels in the Depths and the harsh environment there. They have dark blue skin and tails that grow in the dark. They don’t often emerge from the Depths and Deepwater Canyon so the other Zer aren’t entirely sure what’s down there. Oceanids mostly keep to themselves and their territory but they do go up to visit the cities of Tythes and Atlantra every now and then. They never visit Soros (the Walker (Human) landmass).

Kayla’s a Nereid but her family has many different types. Can’t currently tell you who is what because my character profiles with those details are on another continent currently :joy:

A lot of technology from the God Worlds (that’s where the translators come from) are made from Crystal Technology. Happy to give more of an explanation of that later but it might be a bit bullshitty because I’m still figuring out how to explain it :joy:

Technolmagic Translators are made from Crystal Tech. These particular crystals have an ancient language spell infused into them as they grow so, once they’re harvested, they’re able to make into things like pendants, broaches, jewelry, etc and so long as they’re worn, they let you hear your first language and allow you to learn the new one. Most people just wear them on the God Worlds until they learn the common language. Other people wear them all the time.

Depends on the severity of the rain. A light sprinkle? Power might take a minor hit but no real damage. Pissing down? Run for cover as fast as you can, power takes a major hit and they basically feel like they’ve got the flu. Now, if you were to, say, toss a Fire Dragonoid into the ocean, they’d have to be fished out and put in the hospital.

The ones on the God Worlds (mostly Lyriumia) use Water Crystals to create a shield to protect them from the weather. This also applies to other species with other environmental necessities.

I have no idea :joy: When I decide to finish developing Carmin’s family line, I’ll probably give her and sister a step-parent to explain that detail.

Totally out of her control for the most part. When she touches something/someone, she can see into the future against their will. Because of this, Carmin wears gloves when she goes out. If she activates her power willingly, she can see into the past but this only really works on people/living creatures.

Carmin, more recently, has been learning from the Lyriumian Priests to channel her power through cards (think tarot cards) and crystals. She’s still a beginner but does pretty well.

No one knows for sure because they and their records were wiped out.

Yes, he knows and does his best to help her deal with what she sees. He’s also let her practice on him to willingly control it since he found out when they were young.

Book 3 :wink: They have a son named Blaze.

they also have eight adopted children known as the rest of the Court of Lyriumia and the Queen

It’s uhhhh not the happiest story depending on your perspective.

So, a very long time ago on their homeworld, a conqueror came and, well, conquered. All the Dragonoids became slaves working for the conqueror. Most of them were made to work in the Mines. This is where Carmin and Dan met. Became friends while working, fell in love, got married in secret, became part of the revolution, died/became immortal, and lived happily ever after with their new adopted children (aka the rest of the main cast for that planet) :relieved:

You’d be better off asking what they don’t like about each other because they like basically everything about each other :joy:

It’s what many other worlds consider to be . . . primitive. But I honestly can’t go into too much detail without sparking political debates which I would like to avoid :joy:

I don’t have the correct order on me, sorry. It’s at home :joy: But I’m going to take an educated guess of the order from memory from the one’s I’ve developed and have locations for :joy::+1:

• Ignus
  • Glow
  • Nox
  • Ceia
  • Lorieah
  • Yuliv
  • Astra

Happy to give more info on the one’s I’ve more-or-less finished developing

The God Worlds are made to maintain Balance in Creation. Lyriumia is home of Naiu (Good, Light, Order) and Terpola is home of Naka (Evil, Darkness, Chaos). Neither one is actually good or evil, it’s just what their power represents. And depends on how much Naiu and Naka interfere. And how much the power goes to the heads of the Rulers. And what stage of the War they’re in.

Once you get to book 4, Terpola has a new Queen, the War is over and life is slowly but surely improving.

Science thing. Sorry. I just assume people know this one :sweat_smile:

SCIENCE

Do you know what the Light Spectrum is? (also known as the electromagnetic spectrum). Long story short, it’s every light wavelength we currently know of that is produced whether it’s visible to our eyes or not. Humans can see on what we call the “visible light spectrum”. The two main ends are IR (Infrared) and UV (ultra violet). Think the colours of the rainbow. IR is red and UV is violet.

Now, we can’t see anything before red or anything after violet. This is because human eyes aren’t made to pick up light refraction at those frequencies. There are many colours out there we can’t see because our eyes are limited to things between IR and UV.

When I say “spectrum” I’m talking about sight/vision. Beings from different environments or different biologies experience things differently. Different sounds, different colours, different sensations. Humans can’t actually see/hear most of what’s going on around us because of our spectrum limitations due to biology. Humans see differently to Lyriumians and Terpolites who see different to Fae and so on.

Because Lyriumians and Terpolites are Higher Beings, they can see things Lower Beings can’t see such as certain creatures, dimensions, colours. They can also hear things Lower Beings can’t and, depending on how dominant the Lyriumian/Terpolite genes are, they also have a few tricks they can pull off thanks to biology.

Because Ema is part Terpolite, she can see things like energy creatures, rifts, tears, certain spirits and Void Beasts while a regular Fae can’t.

1 Like

AHHHH NO IT SENT WHILE I WAS GETTING A DRINK. okay there will be major edits in my post :joy:

1 Like
My answers!

It’s called the Great Racial War. Lasted for about a decade.

They were worshipping the LUNAR Goddess. She shared her powers directly with them as a gift of appreciation. They were also the royals and the rulers of all Kattalunae at the time and so had privilege to have the strongest power.

The leaders of the lower four clans (Prendai, Jurana, Yajis, and Pinti’s Makiista Clan) were loyal to the royals, but didn’t participate in the worshipping of the Goddess because the royals didn’t allow them in the shrines. Only royals were allowed. Because they weren’t worshipping the Goddess, but they were loyal to the royals, they were given a slightly weaker version.

The royals were the ones that taught them how to use it. But when the royals died and the rabbit hole stuff happened, the magick became a little bit broken.

Yeah, part of why.

Not wearing out. Just not being used. The more you use it, the better and stronger you get although there’s a limit to the magick strength. Using it a lot doesn’t make the magick stronger. You’re just maintaining what you have at the best point that it can be.

She sees him, too :wink: Both, from afar.

Weather and time. Plot inconvenience. I mean, they were lost. If they didn’t get lost, they would have seen the criminal at the location where it was said the criminal held a hostage. They couldn’t find the location for one, and then ended up getting trapped.

Stagnated. With Kattalunae not using their magick much, the magick in the Third Ring started to turn stale and weak. The same thing happened with the Fifth Ring.

Because of these issues, the Guardians of the world are scrambling to keep the balance. That’s a part of the rabbit hole :stuck_out_tongue:

Hogwarts WITHOUT brooms, moving stairs, moving pictures, quidditch, mystical animals, dragons, and squealing plants, and chomping books, and dark arts professors that keep dying or going missing.

Basically, the Sorcerer’s academy is just a school like any other school but with a few classes for learning how to use and control magick, learning runic tongue, and various spells. There’s also the typical subjects like P.E., Math, Reading…you know, the normal stuff. And there’s Sorcerer-particular things like Aesthetic Ethics, Aesthetic Debate…etc., to learn how to be a Sorcerer.

Sort of. There’s three ways to gain higher status.

First is title. Sorcerers rise from Apprentice, Junior, and then Scholar in school after passing tests and milestones. After that, they graduate, and then can take more rigorous tests and appeal to the academic union to become Professor (despite the title, not all of them teach).

The last rank is Arch (pronounced like “ark”). Archs can only be nominated either by the union or by other Archs or by renowned Professors or Scholars. The nomination must be approved by the union. The Sorcerers nominated must have a lot of accolades and must also take many, many rigorous tests to prove their worth.

But nominated ones don’t have to pursue becoming an Arch. Having been nominated, like the Oscars, is an achievement itself.

As a second form of status, how they contribute to Sorcerer society can leverage their status. Say there is a Scholar (among hundreds) who contributes to Sorcerer society by forging swords and infusing magick into them (called swordstry). Since they are contributing, and the action of infusing magick is aesthetically pleasing to watch, they might be seen has having a higher status than the other Scholars.

A third form of status is magick strength and magick cunning demonstrated through their many achievements like passing difficult tests. If they want a higher status here, they must work hard to get it.

This reminds me of the Pokemon that sing to heal or energize everyone. Tapu Koko.

In your mind, is the ancient song considered pretty or spooky or magical…how do you hear it?

Oh hey, I looked into this a ton when I was writing my underwater princess story :grin: There’s so much stuff in Greek mythology. I also looked into a lot of mermaid mythology. Probably the same stuff you did. It’s crazy, isn’t it? There’s just so much and it’s interesting how the mythology overlaps across different cultures.

Everyone thought there were THINGS in the water :stuck_out_tongue: Especially pretty women (that were also possibly monsters devouring humans for dinner).

There’s so many interpretations of mermaids and the like. What do Oceanids look like in your story?

Oh :eyes: I did not expect an answer like that XD

What if they break? Who fixes it?

Do explain. This is where you get the chance to practice and if I ask you questions, you might be able to explain it even better next time :wink:

That’s cool :grin:

ooooh, that’s interesting. So, she can control which way to see, and that’s only into the past? Can she willingly look into the future, too?

The gloves situation reminded me of Elsa :sweat_smile: But it makes sense for Carmin. So, she has to touch with her skin?

I can’t remember if I told you this… in another story, I have a character called Jack who has a curse that makes him hear people’s front-most thoughts if he touches their left side. He can be wearing gloves and it will still happen. Carmin’s glove situation reminded me of that.

But what about you? :smirk:

Aw, he’s so sweet! :pleading_face:

That was an entire story summarized into one sentence XD Awesome story. What a rollercoaster.

This sounds like a princess name. What’s this one like?

I know that one :grin: Oh so that’s what it was. I thought so. I mean, people do say spectrum when talking about sexuality or disability, so I was just making sure. I didn’t want to assume anything before making sure :blush:

So, it’s like the difference between our vision and a cat’s vision, for example? I see now.

Tell me about these :eyes:

1 Like

I was probably out or asleep, so I didn’t notice anything :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Well this sounds interesting, what’s the child of balance? ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

What else can lunar magick do? I’m assuming there’s some correlation with the moon/moon goddess lol. Can people be trained to use more than one kind of magick?

If you could choose to personally wield one of your magick types, which one would you go for and why?

Nope!

Haha I fooled you! some of these answers were made up on the fly lmao

Yup, this is proabably the way :laughing:

No malls, but there are markets where items/lux that are unburied in the desert by scavengers are sold/traded. Ehhhh keep in mind, most of these answers are based on the city of After, and there’s surely countless other cities out there (none of which I’ve really explored in the series quite yet). And After is a bit of a…fixer-upper. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Literally anything I want to happen, can happen lmao. I have my MC fight a zombie elephant with a sword in one book, and then later he almost gets squished by a 747 that shoots out of the sand beneath him. I have another character who lives in a World War 1 era submarine in the middle of the desert. It’s just a fun stupid world lmao

Oh I’m sure there’s a lot, lol!
One I can think of right now is…how far back in history do these ghosts go? I have a character who has a pet thylacine, so extinct animals are a thing in the afterlife. But are there mammoths running around somewhere? Dinosaurs?
I even have my characters wonder this, and I’m just like “¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I dunno either, guys.”

1 Like

What made it start and what made it go for so long? I assume the other side won if the Royal Kattalunae were made extinct? Was it the Humans?

Sorry. Autocorrect keeps changing it to Luna :joy:

Appreciation for what? Just worshipping?

So it was just a status thing because they were all the rulers/royals?

Sooooooo the royals were basically d-ks and gatekeeping the shrines so only they could get the power because power only should go to the powerful? Wait, wouldn’t the Lunar Goddess know this and maybe give them a little more or were there other reasons?

Curious about why the Lunar Goddess didn’t interfere a bit when this happened. Also did the royals leave nothing about how to use the magic other than what they taught the others?

Why’s it not being used?

What’s the limit? Why is it there? Is this a biology thing?

You should definitely use this explanation :joy:

I mean, this sounds like plot convenience for the criminal, not for them :joy: Was the criminal eventually found?

Would love to hear more about the Rings. Not sure if we’ve covered that yet but they really do sound very interesting

Dang rabbit hole :joy: The history just sounds so interesting!

That’s probably a good thing :rofl:

Sounds like the Academy in my stories.

Is it just a normal school (relatively speaking) or is there stuff like hidden passages or dark secrets or the occasional adventure?

How difficult are all the classes? Is it a lot of work to get through the ranks?

That is very cool

Swordsry sounds cool. What other things can they do to contribute to Sorcerer society?

What kinds of difficult tests? :eyes: How hard are they to pass? :eyes:

A few high notes and then BOOM stuff happens :joy:

I know right! It’s amazing. And really fun to do overlaps when you have a story world it works in :joy: Got a bit of everything. One of my main MCs (Amneris) interacts with a lot of different mythologies on a semi-regular basis. It’s fun to write

This is Caelynia (Kayla's cousin)

She’s an Oceanid who rarely comes up from the Depths.

Another one I have is Nerissa who is a librarian in the Great Library of Ariuma [but it won’t let me upload hisssssss]

I probably have others but because the list isn’t on me right now, I won’t be able to check for like another two weeks :joy: I have some not-Oceanids that look like them

such as Kayla's sister Maren

Thanks :joy: They are my most adorable couple (Xix and Grace are a close second :shushing_face:). Carmin and Dan are also the most sensible for the entire Court (including the Queen) and are basically the voice of reason for everyone else

It’s basically a giant jungle. Lots of megafauna and megaflora. It’s not the least inhabitable planet in the U.F.W. system but not too many Fae live on it. They mostly live up in the trees or in some of the least jungly parts (but there aren’t many of those).

A lot of the Fae from there moved to Nox.

Yah, pretty much. It goes for all the species I have. Some see on similar spectrums while others see on very different ones.

All G :+1: I do have LGBTQIA+ and disabled characters tho :shushing_face: Honestly I get complaints for having “too much” diversity

Void Beasts are the local inhabitants of the Void (the nothingness that separates Creation from all the other Creations; it also separates dimensions, universes and multiverses in a lot of cases).

They basically look like giant space demons with a shit load of eyes, tentacles, and a gigantic mouth with a whole lot of very sharp and pointy teeth.

Only people with a heritage going back to the God Worlds or who have had prolonged exposure to the Void’s environment can see them.

They attack the God Worlds a lot so there’s a lot of defense systems to ward them off. Plus the monitor stations to keep an eye on the Walls. They only come into Creation a few at a time because the Lyriumians and Terpolites are pretty good at keeping them under control. The odd one does slip away and start eating matter.

There was an incident where a lot of Void Beasts got through the Walls and Creation started falling into the Void after some stuff happened so that was a thing

I’m not entirely sure yet. But Elgana exists if there is balance on the planet. There exists lunar magick and to act as a counterpart, there exists shadow magick. It’s always been that someone or a group has one or the other. Then, maybe, there could be a child that has both lunar and shadow magick existing equally inside of them.

This is not Pinti, btw :stuck_out_tongue:

Lunar magick, traditionally, can do all kinds of things like shoot beams or balls of light to blind attackers, create light shields, teleportation for short distances, and become a sword or bow and arrow. But today, it can only heal.

Training for more than one magick? Nope. Magick cancels each other out. You can’t be a Kattaluna Sorcerer, for example. You can’t be greedy. And you can’t train to have magick. Either you have it or you don’t.

That’s a good question! It’s elemental, but I’d want to wield wind magick so I can create storms and fly through them. I wanna know what that’s like :stuck_out_tongue:

That sounds like fun XD

Are there dragons? Unicorns? Mermaids?

What about dead stars? :open_mouth: That would be crazy. Imagine if there’s a ghost star in the world. A giant one. That would be an epic place to travel to.

Speaking of travel, how does everyone get around?

1 Like
Answers 1

The Humans started it, and the Humans won it (kind of, more like, they couldn’t go on fighting any longer). The Humans made it go for so long. Blame the Humans. No one else wanted this.

lol XD I thought maybe autocorrect was to blame.

Yeah, basically, “Thanks for loving me, mortals. You guys are awesome.” type of thing.

Yep, status thing.

The Lunar Goddess is a complicated thing because it’s not actually a being. It’s the moon. Literal moon. In reality, it’s more like the energy reacts to the worshipping and falls onto the royals. The Lunar Goddess is just a tiny bit sentient. It is a moon but with magical properties.

This is where the corruption comes into play. They didn’t. Savior complex. They thought by destroying everything and hiding away their magick, they were saving Kattalunae from ever having to suffer from having powerful magick. They thought the powerful magick was to blame for their downfall. No one, they thought, should ever have this much power ever again.

Fun fact: the same thing, more or less, happened to the bipedal lionkind centuries ago. The powerful ones thought the magick should not be held by anyone. And for them, it actually succeeded in killing off the magick completely which played a part in the complete extinction of lionkind.

I shall return with the rest of my answers and questions for you :blush:

1 Like
Answers! 2

No threats for the most part. A lot of the healing magick is quite common. They haven’t had to deal with such drastic things.

The limit is just a limit. There’s only so far you can take the magick. It’s not an infinite strength.

Oh yeah, and killed.

Pick one :wink:

• First Ring - Humans mostly.
  • Second Ring - Hybrids mostly.
  • Third Ring - Kattalunae
  • Fourth Ring - Sorcerers
  • Fifth Ring - Jail ring
  • Sixth Ring - Ilvagis only.

Idk… I don’t have any stories taking place only within the school, so I haven’t even thought about anything suspicious about the school. I always take my characters out of their familiar locations :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, a whole ton. It’s because Sorcerers, by nature, are competitive. They like challenge and challenging each other.

Stuff XD Idk. Fashion is another one that comes up. Dance. Music. A lot of the arts I guess. Oh, and Performance. After all, Sorcerers are all about aesthetics. Putting pretty shows on or watching them is a favorite of theirs.

Demonstrations, mostly. And written exams for aesthetic ethics. And Idk XD Sorcerers are such a high achieving race, a hard test is welcomed. I’m guessing it’s gotten harder and harder over the years to satisfy the high-achieving Sorcerers.

Oooh, she’s pretty. What does the rest of her look like? Human or more fish like?

How do they live in the trees? What do they eat? What do they wear?

I might have some more questions later. For now though.

1 Like

Iiinteresting. So is this a concept that doesn’t exist in your story yet?

• Does Lunar Heart, Shadow Bound have any sequels? Do you have any other stories that take place in the same world?
  • What is the hardest decision Pinti has ever had to make?
  • What’s the biggest sacrifice she’s had to make?
  • Besides blue cat people, what are other unique species in Elgana?
  • Bonus question: Why did you make them blue? :laughing:

I was wondering, haha :laughing:
Who is it, then? :eyes:

Correction: Almost anything can happen in this world lol :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I draw a hard line at magical creatures lol. Only stuff that exists in our world can exist in the afterlife.

So this actually is a thing! Kind of.
There are stars in the afterlife. They aren’t ghost stars, but they are alive and have a consciousness. They’re giant floating balls of live lux crystals, and technically they’re all one singular entity. And that entity is the closest thing this afterlife has to a god, even though he doesn’t really…do anything lol.

Within cities, most of the time they walk just because the streets are so crowded. There isn’t any kind of public transit (At least, not in after), but that could be a fun concept to explore. ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Out in the desert, they can use all sorts of vehicles, so long as they’re powered by lux. Though, horseback is the most common choice as horses don’t need fuel, never tire, and there’s a lot of them in the afterlife.

1 Like

Darn Humans

Does this God have an ego or is it more of a thoughtful thanks?

This honestly explains a lot :joy:

Ah, yes, that one always screws people over

Was it the magic that was the problem or the people using the magic? :eyes:

Asking cause in my stuff, it’s the people not the power :joy:

Does this mean the magick is actually an important part of the worlds/rings?

[will answer more later when wifi next is available :+1:]

Dang. I mean, I guess it’s good they don’t need it but it seems to be backfiring. Did they know this would happen if magick wasn’t used often?

Daw can’t I say “all of the above”?

You said they have duels. Can I hear more about those?

Gotta ask how this works :joy:

Does that mean it’s gotten harder to become one over the years? Will they eventually reach a point where nothing will be satisfying? What then?

In the water, she has a tail. Out of water, legs. But she mostly has the tail because she rarely leaves home

They have a whole tree city up there to keep away from predators.

There’s a lot of trade between the U.F.W. so getting food and clothes is no biggie (plus a lot of people moved to Nox). in the days before trade, they mostly ate plants and fruit and a little meat. They also made their clothes from plant and animal materials

All G. I have more characters, worlds and species if you’d like more :joy:

1 Like

(Whoops, I hadn’t seen this!)

Definitely servants in my story. There isn’t much consumerism going on.

Yep. Illiteracy is the standard. Literacy is the exception. Even stories and folklore is passed down orally.

Magic doesn’t change the healing properties. It just speeds up the process and / or gives relief, acts like a painkiller. So if there’s something that cannot be healed by traditional methods, say broken bones, magic cannot heal it, either. Might be able to get rid of the pain, but not more.

Ooh yes! So it’s pretty much like that - not the war bit, but it’s necessary for both men and woemen to work just to scrape by. That gives both equal say. Or, well, as close to it as possible.

Couple of questions for you:
How’s Pinit’s relationship with her sister? How did she meet her friends in the clan? Are there any friends her parents don’t approve of?

When does Pinti’s dad step down? How did she become the clan leader? What are the usual ages for clan leaders, and what does the usual succession look like?

So you’ve talked about ‘rings’ in Elgana? Like each race resides on a ring? What exactly does this look like?

How are all the types of magic different? Can hybrids use both or only sorcerer?

1 Like

It’s underdeveloped lore. There is a character in a story that takes place 200 years before Pinti’s. That character is thought to be a kind of demi-god.

I do have an idea for a complementary novel in the POV of Thorn. It won’t be completely Pinti’s story in his perspective. It’ll also begin some time before Pinti’s story. I may have already written a few pages when the idea struck :stuck_out_tongue:

Okay, so other books taking place in the same world…

• Solar Song, Frozen Fate (500 years before Pinti’s story)
  • Storm Heart, Fire Soul (200 years before Pinti’s story)
  • Paws Chase Murder Case (happens at the same time as Pinti’s story, on Wattpad)
  • Lone Gold, Daring Purple (takes place four years after the events of Pinti’s story, on Wattpad)

The first two are called the Ancient Elgana Books. The stories that happen around Pinti’s time and after are called the Modern Elgana Books.

Up until this point of editing, making ten-year-olds into soldiers.

She hasn’t made that one yet :stuck_out_tongue: She will eventually have to leave her kind in the paws of Ilvagis to escape and search for the moonstone. There’s no telling if they will be alive when she gets back. High chance the Ilvagis would decide to get rid of them.

How do you define unique? How about Asaves? They are bird type Hybrids. Imagine this. Head of a sparrow, body of a human. Bird type Hybrids may have feathers on their arms, but they have lost the genes to fly long ago.

Because I like blue :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, her name is Nakiila. She will appear in Pinti’s story. She’s also a supporting character in Storm Heart, Fire Soul. Nakiila was initially only supposed to be an Ilvagi, but then it turned out she’s a bit…different :wink:

Ah, too bad. It would have been cool if people got to ride ghost unicorns or ghost pegasusi? pegasuses? Idk what the plural form is XD

Kind of like what the Lunar Goddess is to Elgana :stuck_out_tongue:

Are they certain the entity is “he”? Or is it just something many believe to be?

Flying busses, maybe? Have you ever seen Halloween Town? Maybe a bus that crosses dimensions? :wink:

I can imagine XD All those war horses. Speaking of animals, do cats have nine lives?

1 Like

I shall respond to @alenatenjo and @Novel_Worm when I next return! :grin:

2 Likes