Besides the fact that it could be horror, what is the second thing that crosses your mind when you see this title?

Be honest. When you see the title The Red Ghost: Heretic Renna, what thoughts/ideas come to mind?

I ask this because I was not totally sold on the idea of making it a horror novel with science-fantasy elements. Or rather a science-fantasy novel with horror elements.

So, what comes to mind? I curious because I am replotting this story with a plot that I can actually see myself writing.

What do you think?

3 Likes

Sci-Fi Horror…

My first thought was that The Red Ghost was a ship of some sort, military at least…

SD

2 Likes

Damn… so, you can’t see as some other genre?
:sweat_smile:

1 Like

Indeed I can see it as a Horror.

Set upon a Military Battleship in space. One where the dead haunt the crew to no ends, and the ship has taken the souls… But, this would be too close to Event Horizon… Maybe you could find another angle which would work, even adding a Fantasy Element to it would change it more towards something else…

SD

2 Likes

I am thinking of another angle where the title actually fits and steers away from horror. I am drawing a bit of a blank.

LOL!

1 Like

The Red Ghost sounds like the title of a short story that was published in Weird Tales back when the only way to experience Soap Operas was on the radio.

1 Like

I wouldn’t know anything about that, but thanks for saying that regardless.

Any other thoughts genre-wise or something?

1 Like

Red Ghost makes me think of an angry, vengeful spirit who was killed violently.

1 Like

Again, it goes back to horror. Looks like I am going to have to change the title a bit.

1 Like

If I change the title to The Red Heretic, would it still be considered horror or something totally different?

1 Like

At least I’m not thinking of these guys

1 Like

Sounds like a Thriller.

Consider a powerful animal instead.

1 Like

That is one strange looking yokai…

1 Like

It doesn’t make much more sense when you know why he looks like that

1 Like

It moves about by hopping around and doing somersaults.

1 Like

Okay…I just realized that I have two stories with the word “red” in it and they have absolutely nothing to do with each other, other than the fact they are set in the same fictional world or planet rather.

I am going to have to ditch the Red Ghost and the Red Heretic and simply the word red altogether.

Now, I am really stumped on a title. Yet what do my characters want to do in this story?

1 Like

Scarlet, Flaming, or Crimson is a good alternative.

1 Like

I like to look at personality theories to understand motivations.

The Crimson Ghost or Heretic.
The Scarlet Ghost or Heretic.
The Flaming Ghost or Heretic.

Good god…

1 Like

Burning is good, too.

1 Like