Are you looking for someone to give honest, constructive feedback on your WIP novel? My offer is a bit different from most. Rather than you read my work first and then I respond in kind, I’m flipping the script! I read and crit your work first!
My experience includes:
- 30+ years of writing experience
- 15 Self-Published novels
- 13 Years teaching Multiple Subject (including English Language Arts)
While my skills aren’t perfect (I tend not to catch my own errors), I am very good about spotting areas for improvement in the things I read for others. I have been doing Beta work almost as long as I’ve been writing and my skills in each has improved in tandem.
My strengths include:
- Writing dialogue dynamically
- Writing flow
- Writing mechanics
Does it sound like a good deal to you? If so things will work like this:
- If interested reply below with the story title, genre, and anything you want me to focus on as I beta.
- DM me the link to your story.
- I will vet the story to be sure it’s something I’m comfortable doing.
- I will contact you either here or via DM if I cannot work your beta, or I’ll simply work through the first chapter beta if I accept.
- When I finish the first chapter I will ask that you review one chapter of my works either on Wattpad or on Wacky Writers
- Once that first trade is complete I will ask that you reapply if you wish me to continue and we’ll repeat the cycle.
Posting this guy up again because I neglected to keep up on the previous thread!
I’d be interested!
Title: You Must Remember This
Genre: Literary Fiction
Any particular focuses?: Characterization, theme
I’ll send you a link via DM after I publish this post.
Title: Monsters Run At Night
Focus: Flow, reactionary
Hello @chicken-joe and @FranklinBarnes
Give me a bit to take a look at your respective works and I’ll let you know if I can’t for some reason (If I Can I’ll just do it )
@FranklinBarnes - Your first chapter is Beta’d… please let me know if you have any questions about the things I pointed out.
@chicken-joe I have beta’d your first chapter.
If you and @FranklinBarnes would both select one of my stories to review/critique I would be grateful. Just let me know if you would like another chapter Beta’d.
This is your reminder, as you requested, to “put me back in rotation.”
@FranklinBarnes I have completed your next chapter! Please let me know if I can clarify any of my thoughts.
Sounds good. I’ll start your next chapter in a bit.
Cool Thanks~ When you can!
@FranklinBarnes Are you up to continue our trade? Please let me know.
Yes, of course. You don’t have to ask.
Cool cool… just don’t want to overstep! I’ll get started on it right now.
Hi all just checking in to let you know, I’ve been out of town, I will pick up where I left off when I return. (after Xmas)
Hey I manage to get a chapter in before dinner! Let me know if you have anything you want clarification on!
I will be working on some more beta reading this afternoon for anyone on my list.
To those who might consider this service I do have a slot open and week left before I return to work, if you’d like some concrit!
Genre: Dark urban fantasy
Any particular focuses?: Everything.
I’ll DM you the link.
Alright, I’ll add you to my queue. The premise sounds intriguing ( a bit Magnus Chase and the like). I’ll let you know when I get the first chapter done!