Beta Reading Offer (Part 3 Continued)

Are you looking for someone to give honest, constructive feedback on your WIP novel? My offer is a bit different from most. Rather than you read my work first and then I respond in kind, I’m flipping the script! I read and crit your work first!

My experience includes:

• 30+ years of writing experience
  • 15 Self-Published novels
  • 13 Years teaching Multiple Subject (including English Language Arts)

While my skills aren’t perfect (I tend not to catch my own errors), I am very good about spotting areas for improvement in the things I read for others. I have been doing Beta work almost as long as I’ve been writing and my skills in each has improved in tandem.

My strengths include:

• Writing dialogue dynamically
  • Writing flow
  • Writing mechanics

Does it sound like a good deal to you? If so things will work like this:

• If interested reply below with the story title, genre, and anything you want me to focus on as I beta.
  • DM me the link to your story.
  • I will vet the story to be sure it’s something I’m comfortable doing.
  • I will contact you either here or via DM if I cannot work your beta, or I’ll simply work through the first chapter beta if I accept.
  • When I finish the first chapter I will ask that you review one chapter of my works either on Wattpad or on Wacky Writers
  • Once that first trade is complete I will ask that you reapply if you wish me to continue and we’ll repeat the cycle.
4 Likes

Posting this guy up again because I neglected to keep up on the previous thread!

2 Likes

I’d be interested!

Title: You Must Remember This
Genre: Literary Fiction
Any particular focuses?: Characterization, theme

I’ll send you a link via DM after I publish this post.

Title: Monsters Run At Night
Genre: Horror
Focus: Flow, reactionary

https://www.wattpad.com/story/293732001-monsters-run-at-night

Hello @chicken-joe and @FranklinBarnes

Give me a bit to take a look at your respective works and I’ll let you know if I can’t for some reason (If I Can I’ll just do it :slight_smile: )

@FranklinBarnes - Your first chapter is Beta’d… please let me know if you have any questions about the things I pointed out.

@chicken-joe I have beta’d your first chapter.

If you and @FranklinBarnes would both select one of my stories to review/critique I would be grateful. Just let me know if you would like another chapter Beta’d.

This is your reminder, as you requested, to “put me back in rotation.”

:+1: Will get on it tomorrow!

@FranklinBarnes I have completed your next chapter! Please let me know if I can clarify any of my thoughts.

Sounds good. I’ll start your next chapter in a bit.

Cool Thanks~ When you can!

@FranklinBarnes Are you up to continue our trade? Please let me know.

Yes, of course. You don’t have to ask.

Cool cool… just don’t want to overstep! :slight_smile: I’ll get started on it right now.

Hi all just checking in to let you know, I’ve been out of town, I will pick up where I left off when I return. (after Xmas)

1 Like

Hey I manage to get a chapter in before dinner! Let me know if you have anything you want clarification on!

I will be working on some more beta reading this afternoon for anyone on my list.

To those who might consider this service I do have a slot open and week left before I return to work, if you’d like some concrit!

1 Like

Title: Deathchasers
Genre: Dark urban fantasy
Any particular focuses?: Everything.

I’ll DM you the link.

Alright, I’ll add you to my queue. The premise sounds intriguing ( a bit Magnus Chase and the like). I’ll let you know when I get the first chapter done!