Blood-Green Candy Corn | Open | Fakes

Because why does blood have to always be red :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m trying to build up my skills and portfolio as a graphic designer. I’m starting out small, so fakes it is.

Feel free to throw something like banners at me as well as covers.

Please fill out the form below!

Title:

Author:

Genre:

Color scheme:

Short summary:

Ideas (include pictures and/or word descriptions):

Thoughts for fonts (optional):

Thanks for checking this out!

3 Likes

So that y’all have an idea of what my work can look like, here are a few premades:

(Note: Not a mistype of Xenophobia, Xerophobia is an abnormal fear of dryness and dry places)

I have done several manips/ alterations for fun, but a lot of those are copyrighted images so idk how that works showing them on here :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Title: Coffee Beans and Morning Musings

Author: Brandon Delacroix

Genre: Slice-of-life, new adult, general fiction

Color scheme: Warm and vintage colors, like sepia or the shade of light coffee stains

Short summary: A story that follows an author who’s struggling to come up with a story. The author always heads to the café in the morning. When he’s not writing he’s observing the other customers around him, sometimes making up tales of them.

Ideas (include pictures and/or word descriptions): I think the cover would be best if the image was an illustration, not a photograph. A busy café. It can be indoors or outdoors, as long as it shows people seated at a table. I’m thinking a vintage-style cover or one that evokes a sense of nostalgia.

like this kind of vibe

the café images can be like this

Thoughts for fonts (optional): Not too fancy. I think a serif font will do nicely for the title.

3 Likes

awesome! This will be fun. I’ll get to it. Thanks for filling out the form :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oooh fun:3

Title: The Broken Queen

Author: Aevyn A. Maestryn

Genre: Fantasy, Historical fiction, Murder Mystery

Color scheme: Red, Black, basically Dark colors to create a mysterious/ominous theme

Short summary: Laelynn is the daughter of a Queen that had lost everything that was close to her. Deranged and broken, the Queen resorts to strange tasks and ideas. After a ball, one of the guest is murdered. Everyone points their finger at the Queen, but Laelynn has other ideas. (I came up with this at the spot >.< it makes sense to me but not at the same time lol)

Ideas (include pictures and/or word descriptions): a broken crown (either alone/on someone’s head) blood dripping from it.

Inspo pictures

Thoughts for fonts (optional): Silver fonts:) not very curly, but the letters do connect-ish

Font inspos

image image image

3 Likes

Nah nah it’s awesome!

This will be an exciting exercise, I will get to it when I’m done with the person before you ^_^. Thanks for submitting!

2 Likes

No problem;)

2 Likes

Since these are fakes, some elements of the images may have watermarks on them. Is that amenable to you folks @stella_vigo @TheMidnightAssassin?

3 Likes

Here you are!

(it’s suprisingly hard to find stock photo drawings of cafes that aren’t behind a paywall :sweat_smile:)

Coffee beans

4 Likes

Yeah it’s fine :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It’s nice, I like it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Completed!

Thanks for the concept, it was a fun challenge :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ooh it’s so pretty!

2 Likes

Aw thank you! Happy you liked it :blush:

2 Likes

bumpus

1 Like

free Boop

2 Likes

thanks lovely! I really like ur pfp btw

2 Likes

bimpus bompus bumpus

1 Like

Still need fakes? I have one :slight_smile:

Title: Who Killed Him Before Dawn?

Author: Emalline Thorne

Genre: mystery, romance

Color scheme:

Short summary: A young woman wakes up one day to find her house had been ransacked in the middle of the night and there’s a man dead in her kitchen. She calls the police and she’s the number one suspect, but swears she was asleep and doesn’t know the man. But the man was killed with a gun which is from her safe and only she knows the code. Together with a family friend who believes her innocence, she must find out what really happened.

Ideas (include pictures and/or word descriptions):

A window looking out at a dawn sky. The window can be in a bedroom, a kitchen, or living room. A woman with long hair standing in the room or by the window. The dawn sunlight streaming in if you can.

Covers for inspo:

Thoughts for fonts (optional):
Inspo for font and font design

This is for a fake story :stuck_out_tongue: Hope you enjoy making it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for this! I’ll be happy to give it a whirl :slight_smile:

2 Likes