BOOKS

classics, fantasy that isn’t too cliche

1 Like

Do you like easy or complicated fantasy?

1 Like

Sounds like fun :joy:

1 Like

does not matter

1 Like

It is.

1 Like
  1. Mistborn Trilogy by Brandon Sanderson.
    This one has complicated lore. It includes a lot of politics and the magic system is mindblowing.

2. The Sword of Kaigen by M.L. Wang. This one is more of the anime type of books and it’s a lot like The Last Airbender. If you want to shed some tears, it has the perfect death scene.

3. Strange the Dreamer. This one is more like mythology. It is a high fantasy with a poetic writing style. I recommend it, except I don’t suggest you read the sequel.

4 Likes

But the incest is the only bad part of it from what I’ve heard.

1 Like

How awful is it, truly?

Depends on what is awful to you.

1 Like

Awful to me is Beautiful Disaster. 5 chapters feel like 500.

3 Likes

Haven’t read it. Awful to me is cringe cliche romance. Toxic relationships romantacized. Any sort of romance tbh, but don’t share the secret.

2 Likes

Basically, my main issue is I don’t enjoy romance as a main plot but as a subplot. That’s why my main enemy is most popular YAs.

2 Likes

That is exactly what it is, just add in frustratingly slow pacing and cringe inducing prose. Also random product placement.

2 Likes

Sounds like the regular wattpad works. :sparkles:

2 Likes

I understand. People kissing gets boring with no outside plot.

1 Like

Yeah, but worse in everyway and before Wattpad’s infamy. 2012, I think.

1 Like

Also, does it matter if they kiss or they don’t? My life will be the same & it may even make me sad cause it’ll remind me of my single life & then I’ll struggle to date because of my ultimately high expectations. :joy: jkjk it isnt that bad

2 Likes

It matters to the fans, at least.

1 Like

Omg, could it be that this book is what inspired wattpad’s cringeness? :o

1 Like

It was a New York Times Bestseller, after all

1 Like