〚 C O L O S S E U M 〛- A Writing Prompt Battle Game

I see cake :eyes:

@danastj123 @S0NDer Happy joining wacky writers anniversary!
idk how to say it but you get the point right

7 Likes

I do, thank you. didn’t even realise that haha

5 Likes

I love penguins :penguin: :penguin: :penguin:

6 Likes

Me when the game is dead for months but everyone is busy so that’s understandable

9109_Sad_Cat_Thumbs_Up resize

6 Likes

i can’t believe i saw this now. . .but THANKSSS

6 Likes

beep boop

6 Likes

beep boop

6 Likes

6 Likes

sans dance

6 Likes

A message from an alternate reality:

Enter the Coloverse: Tournament Arc, Chapter Three’s Prologue~

Yeah this is just some random scene lmao but anyway hope people will enjoy

6 Likes

Ooh! This is super good Crimson!

4 Likes

Thanksssss

4 Likes

@PaperThinSkin14 @AlteruneSC @GlitchandGlitz @Mikizumi @splicy @NovelWritingIsHard @Evil-Frog @48lexR @moonlightshadow412

4 Likes

@kabanerry @starches @danastj123 @Particularly_No_One

5 Likes

Musical Doge strikes again

Previous time I made a playlist for the first Colo arc, remember?

Well, this time I thought, why not make a list for the character themes separately because it was starting to get difficult to split them up per arc.

Not everyone’s character is in here (yet). I wasn’t certain about some songs or couldn’t think of a good one yet. Especially the newer characters will take time to get a grip on.

On to the songs then

Playlist: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj2LG2E_X38l17R67DVH0cS_FQk4OcZGY

Explanation of my choices

1. Hard To Kill - Mai’s Theme
I chose this song mainly because it has the same hardened, confident, badass vibe Mai has. It’s tells of a character that has many enemies and was raised in a rough environment. Someone who works for themself and won’t be easily swayed to sympathy. It reminded me very strongly of her and in general it’s a great song. Hope you find it fitting!

2. Bleeding Out/Monster/Warriors Mashup - Abel’s Theme
It took me a while to find a song for Abel. Monster by Imagine Dragons passed my mind, but when I found this mashup I felt it really reflected Abel’s growth from a self-loathing person to a real hero.

3. Song For The Drunk and Brokenhearted - Rai’s theme
You thought I was done? Wrong! Here’s one more song for Rai. Tbh I feel like about anything Passenger has written would fit her. Others that came close to being picked are All The Little Lights and Things That Stop You Dreaming. Especially the latter I feel reflects how she was stuck in a bad environment and slowly grew to accept it because there was no way out for her. I chose Bleeding out as an alternative theme because it highlights how Rai feels responsible to protect her siblings and the pressure that puts on her.

4. Pollyanna Cover by Insaneintherainmusic - Tara’s theme
Even though she’s gone, she was still a colo character and deserves a place in this list. Her theme is the same as last time because it just perfectly captures her happy, upbeat and supportive nature.

5. Ghosts - Colton’s theme
A slightly nihilistic song that I felt quite fit Colton. I must admit I didn’t see much of him sadly, so I might have gotten some nuances wrong, but I felt Colton seemed to be looking for purpose, much like the character in the song, but it was especially the line “I think there is a god, I think he hates his job” that seemed to perfectly reflect what Colton feels towards the gods in his world (at least initially). It has the same sarcastic, lost and slightly angry vibe. As alternative theme is Black Friday from Team Starkid. A touching song about a character’s last moments alive. Colton died at a young age, leaving behind his sister. I thought he would probably feel equally upset for not living longer and being forced to leave his sister behind.

6. Glory - Tyler’s theme
A song about fame, glory and heroism. Exactly the things Tyler strives for. I felt the song really reflected his desire to be revered and become a legendary hero. As alternative theme I decided to pick Heroes by Måns Zelmerlöw which would reflect Tyler’s darker sides. Him and Colton got a whole city destroyed which I imagined must have left him feeling guilty and not like a hero at all.

7. Kryptonite - Colton and Tyler’s theme
Because these two were submitted together, they had to have a joined song too. After thinking for a bit I found a song that’s less wholesome and cute since you had mentioned the previous one fitting less. Kryptonite is to me about two people who would support each other, but also are aware of what the other owes them and won’t just forget that (if not for me then you’d be dead). It felt more strained and begrudginly although still like a partnership.

8. Adore me - Holly’s theme
Still the same, still perfect. Might come up with somehting else sometime, but for now it reflects Holly’s dominance and self-confidence very accurately.

9. Purple - Hannah’s theme
Have been looking for something else since it’s the same song as before, but couldn’t really find something. Still sticking with this one because you said it was very good, but might try to find a worthy sucessor.

10. Prisoner of My Past - Brielle’s theme
I thought for a while what song to give Brielle since I don’t know her character well, but then I was reminded of this song and imo it fits her perfectly. The backstory is almost the same although idk if Brielle is as determined to escape her fate. I hope the song fits!

11. Piano Man - Benji’s theme
Maybe not really what you expected huh? I chose this one for Benji because it reflects his hidden sadness and the lack of purpose he feels. Just like the people in the song he finds himself in a life he didn’t choose, feeling empty and drowns his sorrow in alcohol. Another song that I almost chose is Mud Blood which is more sarcastic and about how people mislead themselves to feel any kind of superiority or fulfillment. I feel like Benji would share this opinion and maybe most of all because he himself has some demons he dodges on the regular. His alternative theme is Cake By The Ocean. A confident and flirty song that I thought fit Benji’s style very much.

12. Believe - Yesei’s theme
Yessei’s still a bit of a mystery to me and finding a song that touches more on her melancholic, apathic side was more difficult than I thought. Instead I focused on her motherly aspects and quickly this song came to mind. It’s a really affectionate and supportive song that I feel would fit her in a way since she’s kinda the challenger’s mom.

13. No Way - Genesis’ theme
Sadly no regal songs yet, rather one that focuses on Gen’s determination and spirit. She has a will of steel and fights for her goals with great determination which is what this song is all about. That and it’s an absolute banger. I hope you like it!

14. The Fragrance of Dark Colored Coffee - Levi’s theme
No relation to Godot’s back story, just wanted a nice jazz track. Still looking for a good song that captures him, or his god form.

15. I am not nothing - Estelle’s theme
A badass song about fighting for one’s own future and breaking away from the past. A great song and one I felt fit Estelle and her journey.

16. Worth it - Mateo’s theme
I feel this really touches upon a softer side of Mateo that hopes to do good and make up for the harm he did.

17. I gotta feeling - Scarlet’s theme
From the moment I thought of choosing a song for Scarlet, I was reminded of this one. It’s about having fun and going wild which I felt was really her style. Another song that I feel really reflects this is All I wanna do which is also more misschievous, reflecting Scarlet’s more villanous side.

18. Only One - Tessa’s theme
It took me a long time to find a song for Tessa. This song made me think of her in terms of her fight for freedom against her family. Once I get caught up on rp I might go look for another song.

19. Monster - Lucy-Quill’s theme
I went through a lot of songs for LQ. Eventually I chose this one because it really reflects her fear of hurting people around her and how she pushes them away with her defensive stance. Ship to wreck also made me think of LQ a lot. As an alternative song I chose Saturday night as a reflection of her stopping trying and just doing her thing.

20. Parijs Berlijn Madrid - Hazel’s theme
Still gotta look for a good Dutch song for Hazel, but settled on this one for now. I related it to her love for travelling and Sirene.

21. Dull knives - Lorelei’s theme
You know the song. Imo it fits very well and represents Lore’s struggle with her memories when her blocker is removed.

That’s it for now, I hope all the people mentioned enjoyed this and that those not yet mentioned will one day find themself tagged here to discover a cool character song.

Bye

10 Likes

To all who celebrate :christmas_tree::hugs:

7 Likes

Merry Christmas Y’all!

6 Likes

Woah! This is awesome Wolftunes!

4 Likes

thank you :grin:

4 Likes

L I F E

5 Likes