〚 C O L O S S E U M 〛- A Writing Prompt Battle Game

Same! I’ve barely started on mine, but I’m procrastinating until the 16th 'cause of two characters lol. Can’t wait till the others start coming in though.

5 Likes

Exactly.

6 Likes

Yes she does… Feel free to make one up :sunglasses:

Yes he would.

If they’re his staff, not really. If they’re just normal people, yes.

No.

5 Likes

I guess it’s time to scare people with the deadline approaching post…

6 Likes

Eh I’m scared already so here I am putting final touches. . .

6 Likes

No please I don’t want to be first I hate it here but the deadline would’ve passed when I’m sleeping so I managed to scrape by and give you this half-baked masterpiece

Response

Mateo hoped that they were still on the documents while he was taking a stroll with a traitor.

He slowly walked over to him, taking in the quiet courtyard despite himself. When he arrived at the mansion, he couldn’t see any people. That was when he knew that Jun had been expecting this fight. Nevertheless, he had to be careful.

“Nice clothes,” Mateo said a little too loudly.

“Oh.” He twirled around, examining his garments. His robes were adorned with gray scaly patterns and red jewels all over. “You like it? My father gave it to me as a present. It’s a shame that it would get dirty later on.”

There he is again, Mateo thought. Hinting about a fight.

He stayed a couple of feet away from him. There was a heavy tension in the air. However, despite this, Jun Hinode gave him a small smile. “You know, before I handed the documents over, I came across some things about you and the other Rebels in the reconnaissance files.”

This made Mateo’s spine tingle.

“So you’re a vigilante working for the side you were supposed to be fighting against,” Jun said slowly, clearly trying not to upset him. “Although you got used to the act pretty quickly, I know you’re still confused.”

“I know what it feels,” he added quickly. “After all, I’m not from here, to begin with.”

Before Mateo could say anything else, a swan squawked at Jun. He rubbed its head and smiled warmly at it.
Then he turned to Mateo. “Want to pet the swan? He’s the only other gift I got. He’s pretty cute if I do say so myself.”

“Sure,” he replied.

That was a mistake. When he approached the duck and politely patted it twice, he felt something cold behind his back. The hairs on his back stood up. It was clearly sunny and warm, so why was it suddenly cold? Unless–

Mateo bent over just as the coldness passed below his arched back. He jumped backward, making some distance from Jun Hinode. Now he rose to the air, his palms outstretched. He assumed those were his blades extending from his hand. It was just like the ones described in his file.

“I see you have keen senses,” he said sharply from the air. “It must’ve come with the werewolf package.”

Mateo retrieved his crossbow and shot one arrow, which Jun dodged effortlessly. “I didn’t know you had a sense of humor.”

“As someone who talks to a lot of people, their mannerisms rub on me.”

“Ah, I see. Must’ve been talking to clowns.”

In response, Jun sent an air wave at top speed. Mateo sensed it coming and hoped a few more times. He heard a loud explosion once it hit the ground where it was standing. Jun sent three more, each one hitting the ground and making dirt explode.

Mateo fired two shots. Jun turned sideways just in time to dodge one. The second one stopped midair and instead turned its trajectory towards Mateo. He rolled sideways and looked at the sky prince.

“Looks like we’re at a stalemate,” he mumbled.

Jun grinned. “Then, we’ll simply kick it up a notch.” Then he shot an air blade at Mateo as he charged towards him.

He dodged to the right as Jun landed beside him. The prince swung his invisible blade upwards, forcing Mateo to jump back. He managed to fire an arrow but he effortlessly dodged it. He was outmatched on his own, which was why he had to bring Jun Hinode to the ground.

Mateo fired an arrow again, this time aiming for the face, but he stopped its trajectory yet again and turned it back to him. He scrambled to move out of the way, but it grazed his shoulder. The pain stung him. He gritted his teeth.

“I send air attacks and that is what wounds you?” Jun Hinode asked, incredulous.

Then he rushed towards him and engaged in close combat. Mateo ducked to avoid the first blade swing aimed at his chest. He jumped back, the second upward slash tearing his shirt into a makeshift vest. Jun sent a horizontal air blade as a third strike, which Mateo needed to bend over to dodge.

Come on, Mateo thought. Where are they? In retaliation, he fired some arrows from his crossbow. Jun moved to the side to dodge the first and then proceeded to slash all the arrows that came after. Soon enough, the ground was littered with broken arrow shafts.

“It’s over,” he said, raising his right arm at Mateo. He presumed he was pointing his air blade.

The edges of Mateo’s lips curled upwards.

“I sense hesitation,” Jun Hinode added. “Giving up already?”

He sighed. “I ran out of arrows.” He tossed the useless crossbow aside; he would get a replacement anyway. “There’s nothing I can do. If you could, make my death quick and painless.”

Jun grinned like a maniac. Long gone were his warm smile and poised nature. Without saying another word, he charged again towards him, blade raised for the kill.

Mateo raised his arms.

Then something gray tackled Jun Hinode and sent him to the river. He went down with a splash, disturbing the tranquil waters with violent ripples. A small wolf looked defiantly at where he landed. Two more wolves jumped from the wall surrounding the courtyard.

Mateo knelt and petted the wolves. “Good boys. You’re getting lots of snacks tonight.”

He was interrupted when an air blade cut through the water and straight at them. They all leaped out of the way, Mateo and a wolf on the left and the other two on the right.

From where he fell, Jun Hinode rose to the sky, his clothes now dripping wet. “So that’s what you planned.” Despite his bloodshot eyes and messy look, he kept his voice even. “I must say: you had me fooled there. I missed that part when reading your raid report. . .”

“But no matter! Those files won’t be worth much. Especially since you and your friends will be lovely corpses to me!”

The bleeding was already staining Mateo’s shirt. He told his wolves to distract Jun while he tried to get the crossbow. He prayed that it wasn’t damaged or broken. He threw it aside as a ploy to sell the ruse. He actually still had some arrows in his quiver, but Jun hadn’t seen them for some reason.

He saw Jun firing air blades at the wolves, who were running around the private garden, messing up the bushes and scaring the swan away. The wolves managed to dodge the air blades, even if he couldn’t see them.

He scrambled for the crossbow a few feet away from him, but he jumped back as an air slash struck where he landed.

“Don’t you think I forgot about you!” Jun exclaimed.

Mateo rolled forward and grabbed the crossbow, another air wave narrowly missing him. He recovered and surveyed the situation.

Jun was a couple of feet into the air, high enough so Mateo couldn’t jump for it without risking a swim in the huge pool. It would only put him at a disadvantage. According to his file, he could heal and travel through a mist-like form. And he was there with a crossbow, a few arrows, and quite possibly his werewolf transformation (but he’s avoiding that at all costs). He could almost admit this was a losing match.

Except he didn’t. Depriving Jun of his healing and traveling mist would be easier if he was in the ground. If he only had a harness. . .no that won’t do. He would have to resort to doing this mentally. He’d done it once and he can do it again.

However, he had no time to think about it when Jun bombarded Mateo with a fresh wave of air slashes. He ran to the side, the explosions behind him getting closer.

Then he realized that everything was turning dark. The sun had set. It was going to be night. Soon, the environment would be at his advantage. Now all he had to do was distract him, provoke him. . .

His gears started turning. Jun was flying in the air. He was the sky prince. Of course. He wanted to feel powerful, to be the one reigning supreme. He wouldn’t want to be powerless.

“Hey, Jun!” Mateo called. “You’re so rich, with this courtyard and everything. But where’s your army?”

“What?” he called back, incredulous. He stopped firing air waves.

“I’ve always wondered about that. If you’re heir to a glorious nation, where’s your personal guard? Maybe you’ve put so much money into your desires that it messed up your head.”

“My–” he began, with a voice filled with pride.

“Maybe. . .you thought your riches would intimidate your enemies so they won’t attack you. You partnered with the Empire because”–did he just feel a twinge of regret?–”you and your stupid nation are pathetic and powerless on their own.”

“I–I’ll have you know that I do have an army and I am not powerless!” Jun boomed, his anger clearly increasing.

“Huh?” Mateo feigned looking around with his hand on his eyebrows. “I don’t see them anywhere. They must’ve left you.”

“You–! Listen here, you foul vermin. You think you have the upper hand here, huh?! Ha! You’re just a powerless human with a bad temper. Why should I listen to the likes of you–”

An arrow sunk on his left shoulder, close to the chest. He gasped at the sight as it bled straight away, coloring his clothes scarlet. Mateo smirked. “Your blood matches your outfit.”

Jun only let out a thin smile. Mateo watched, transfixed, as he raised his arms. His clothes blew in a certain direction, but it wasn’t windy. That must be his healing wind, Mateo thought.

After a few seconds since it started, it died. Jun Hinode floated there with his red and white clothes, grinning. “Is that all you got?”

“I can show you more if you come here and face me without flying around the place.” He smirked too; the plan was working.

Jun’s smile was the last thing he saw before he disappeared from the sky.

9 Likes

:alarm_clock: PROMPT DEADLINE APPROACHING! :alarm_clock:

You have until the 9th July 11.59pm (GMT) to submit your responses!

Check the Waiting List to see who you’re up against!

@w41k3r_19880 @Evil-Frog @WriterGirl017 @Waterwhite03 @Particularly_No_One @Crimson_Scythe @Jaydee @TheMidnightAssassin @Maverick @sadboy9000

11 Likes

Amazing. They will definitely come around later-

6 Likes

First response hehe

5 Likes

I knowwwww HSHSHSHSHHS

6 Likes

Ahhhhhhhh noo! I scared, there still so much I gotta write

7 Likes

You can do it!

I’m going to go take my leave.

6 Likes

I hope so… I think imma be writing late into the night

7 Likes

This one goes so many places but I’m pretty pleased with it so stay tuned.

7 Likes

String-eye V.S. Lillyanna

Response:

A black car with tinted windows pulled up on the side of a road. There was nothing around. Looking up, Lil questioned: “are we there?” to which the driver replied, “I am, you still need to walk.” Realising that was her dismissal, and cue for her to start her first assignment, Lil had one last flick through of the file on her knees. She knew her plan. She knew what she needed to do, and she knew the skills of her prey. Or so she thought. Taking a look once again at the male she was here to incapacitate and capture. Looking into the dull, red eyes, she closed the folder and placed it on the seat beside her. Shuffling out of the car, she inclined her head at the driver before standing up. As she closed the door behind her, she looked around at the forest in front of her, there were a lot of trees, and bushes, she couldn’t see much else. However there was a distinct path through the forest, which is where she was heading. Hearing the car drive away she checked her hidden earpiece was secure to contact them to get her and her target out. Once comforted that everything was as it should be she started along the path. After a while of walking she came across an opening in the trees in which a house was sitting. Staring at the home in front of her, with big glass windows and lots of dark oak she appreciated how pretty it was. However it did seem very unprotected, which caused warning alarms to go through Lil’s mind. “It’s a nice place” she said as she looked around to see if there was anyone or anything to keep String-eye safe… Not seeing any protection she walks slowly forward. Coming to what she thought was the edge of the house, where the steps started, Lil looked around once again, “This seems too easy, where’s the protection?” She mumbled. Taking a breath, she stood upon the step, taking that first step into being a real challenger. Hearing trees rustling, Lil snapped her head to the side. Crouching slightly, she lifted her hand to her hair, readying herself to grab one of her chopstick knives if she needed to. As the rustling continued, only getting more aggressive, Lil debated with herself on what she should do. Calling out slightly, she said; “Come out and fight me you coward.” Suddenly a squirrel leapt from the tree and flew above her head, before landing on a tree on the opposite side. At that moment the rustling stopped. Realising that it must have been the squirrel that caused the rustling, she embarrassingly muttered “Oh” to herself.

Taking a deep breath, Lil calmed herself down before she continued to walk slowly up the steps. Keeping her eyes peeled for anything out of the ordinary as she walked forward. Once she was at the top of the stairs she tried to find a way into the house without having to break in, looking around the beautiful mansion she saw a lot of floor-length windows but none that were open, the front door, which was locked, and the balcony which also seemed hard to get to.

Coming to a conclusion, she decided the front door was probably the best way to go. The question is, does she want to let String-eye know she’s there? The first option, which would definitely alert him, is to be polite, and ring the doorbell, however as it’s early morning and he’s probably not expecting anyone that would also probably set him on guard and make him harder to take down quickly. The next idea, which would also alert him to there being someone there, whilst also making him aware that she doesn’t have positive reasons for being there, is to just smash the door in. The final way she can get in is by picking the lock. It may be tiresome but it does seem the best way to get in for her mission. Pulling one of her chopsticks out of her hair, she gets to work.

About 10 minutes later progress had finally been made. Hearing a small click in the door Lil softly whispered “yes!” Before she turned the door handle and slid the chopstick back into her hair beside the other one. Taking a step forward she enters the home of her target. Glancing around she sees a big open plan with plenty of light coming in through the windows. The living room was on the left, with a long, rectangular open fire on the opposite side to Lil, directly in front of the door, and next to the fire was a set of glass stairs. As Lil began to walk towards them, thinking that’s where she needed to go to find String-eye’s bedroom, she felt someone’s eyes on her. Turning to the left, she sees a black kitchen, very neat and organized, with no décor or condiments on the side. Sitting at the dining table however, was the last thing Lil expected to see. Her target.

His haunted, blood red eyes stared at her, as if he was staring into her very soul. His black hair was slightly disheveled, as were the clothes he was wearing. He yawned, confirming her suspicion that he’d just gotten out of bed. “I missed something, didn’t I?” Lil questions, without speaking String-eye answers her via an eye roll and a slight head nod. He then continued to stare straight at Lil, whilst an uncomfortable silence stretched over the two. Lil was lost. She wasn’t expecting a fight, she wasn’t expecting him to be awake, she wasn’t expecting this to actually be a challenge. She was expecting to just walk in, go to his room, put the handcuffs on him and call for the helicopter to come get them both. With a sigh, String-eye stood up from the table and walked over to the sink. Lil’s brows furrowed. Why was he walking away from her? And why was he letting himself be undefended?

Lil braced herself as she saw his hand move towards a cupboard, preparing herself for a fight, she held her breath. String-eye, without looking at Lil, completely relaxed, just brought out a glass. Turning towards the sink, he filled up the glass and then slid it along the kitchen table until it was near to Lil. String-eye raised his eyebrows whilst looking at Lil before glancing at the glass and back up again. Looking down he pulled on the rim of his t-shirt, digging through his pockets to find a cigarette pack and lighter. String-eye wasted no time burning the end of his cig, walking towards the living room area and grabbing a remote. Silently, the man turned the TV on, removing the cigarette from his lips and blowing a trail of smoke into the air. After which, he turned back to face Lil, rolled his eyes again and motioned to the glass of water before raising his eyebrows. When Lil doesn’t move he shakes his head, turns back towards the TV and starts waving the remote in the air whilst he tries to find something on the TV.

Lil takes a small step towards him before saying, “you do know you don’t have to wave the remote around when you press the buttons right? Just point it at the TV and it will work.” String-eye doesn’t respond, just moves his arm around more aggressively. Lil blinked. “What is with this guy?” She whispered to herself.

Glancing around the room again Lil walked towards the sink. Ignoring the glass of water on the table, she poured herself a new glass, can’t be too careful, she thought. And as she hadn’t seen him pour the drink as his back covered it, well, she just thought it was common sense not to take it. Walking around the kitchen taking small sips of the water she slowly went on a tour of
downstairs. “Nice place you have here” she called over her shoulder, “How’d you get it, murdering people? Killing mafia? Selling drugs? Being the Mafia?” She questions. “Not going to grace me with an answer. Hmmm that paints you in a bad light you know.” Walking towards the fireplace she inquired about the fact it was electric. “Trying to save the planet or something?” But was not given a response, again.

As she was talking (Read; trying to get String-eye to say something) she was trying to make a new plan in her mind on how to complete her mission with the new dilemma of him being awake. So far the best idea she had was to wait until he was asleep again, but given his hyper-awareness and diligence with his powers she didn’t think that would be an option. Turning around slowly, Lil stared at the older male. His dark black hair was still an untamed mess, the complete opposite to what it looked like in the picture she was given. However his crimson eyes were more vibrant in colour than what the picture showed. They were more haunting. More dangerous. More… more… more… terrifying.

Lil knew they were at a showdown. Neither wanted to attack first, as it wasn’t in either of their nature’s. But one of them would have too. It was just a waiting game to see who would attack first. Realising she’s gotta take initiative and start this fight before either her target leaves or the empire gets annoyed at her for not doing anything. She starts preparing to attack.

Grounding herself, Lil calls for Ty. Picturing the sword she would like in her mind, she hopes he is in a helpful mood. He’s not. Ty does provide her with a weapon, however, rather than the sword she asked for, a wooden bat appears in her hand. Closing her eyes in annoyance, Lil communicates to Ty, saying ‘really Ty, why can you not just be helpful for once’.

Taking a step forwards, Lil brings the bat above her head, and starts swinging it down towards String-eye’s head where he’s sat facing the TV. He slid to the side slightly, dodging her downwards swing before he turns to face Lil. “Right, 360 vision” she thinks. Shaking his head at the younger girl he stood up, in the same moment a string started shooting from his wrist, only noticeable by the fact Lil had read about it in the file, and the slight whirring sound. Whipping it slightly when it was about a metre long, it cut straight through the cushion on the sofa he was just sitting on. Gulping Lil slowly walks towards him, going the long way around the sofa, however she never breaks eye contact, and neither does he. About 4 steps away from her target, she stops. “We can do this the easy way, the enjoyable way or the hard way. Your choice on whether you want to meet Rosabella, Lillyanna, or Killer Queen.”

Locking eyes, String-eye raises one eyebrow at the exact moment Lil raises both of hers. Smirking, they pause. A beat passed. And then the fight was on.

Lil went to attack String-eye with the bat, just as he swung his wire. His weapon made contact with the bat and there was the sound of wood splintering. Looking towards the bat slightly, as she didn’t realise what had happened until the sound, Lil paused as the top half of the bat wobbled and fell straight to the ground. Bang! It clattered against the floor. Turning from the half of the bat in her hand to the wire that she was assuming was being retracted back to String-eye, her eyes widened. Before, with a scream, she through the remainder of the bat at his head, turned around, and ran to hide behind one of the dining room chairs, so the wire wouldn’t cut her in half. Using the chair and table as a shield she pulled one of her knives from her hair so she wasn’t completely unprotected. Whilst this was happening, String-eye slid his hand under his settee. Wrapping his hand around one of the knives he keeps hidden around the place, he stood up to his tall, imposing height.

Taking a step towards Lil, he attacks. For a few seconds it was a rally of attacking and defending before String-eye manages to get to upper hand. He caught Lil’s fingers, forcing her to drop her knife before he wacks her in the head. Lil stumbled backwards.

Deciding she will need help, Lil grabbed a chair, and used it to block String-eye’s sword. Her left eye glows blue as she makes a connection to Jally. In doing so she asks: “can you allow me to have extra speed so I can try and outrun his wire during an attack?” Feeling Jally come forward, to see what’s happening, she hopes that he will grant her request. Jally, deciding not to be helpful, says: “no, it won’t be useful for you at this moment” and goes silent.

“Stupid Sudek” Lil mumbles before trying again with a different member. “Hey Ty, could really use a weapon right now”, she thinks as one of the chair legs gets sliced clean off when she moves it to protect her arm. Eye glowing again, Ty provides her with a xiphos on the dining room table. Shrugging Lil goes forward to attack again, knowing that her temporary shield won’t hold out for much longer, knowing that she needed to grab the weapon as quickly as she could, and knowing that she can’t hide from String-eye.

So, throwing the remaining chair piece at her mission, she charges forward in the same breath, grabbing the Xiphos and spinning around. She tries stabbing with the xiphos, hoping it would make contact with the older male. He dodges. Doing a 180, she swung the sharp metal around again, blocking his own knife. The two swords made an x and the two humans made eye contact, “you have some skill, I will admit that” Lil says before using her weight to push against the x.

Whilst the two were fighting, Ty materialises on the worktop. Deciding to be annoying, he starts providing a running commentary on what was happening; “Strings sword is blocked by Rosa as he goes for her head again, oh wait Rosa nearly managed to make contact then but instead Strings wire cut her cheek, causing her to lose concentration. They move towards the living area again, back and forth with attacks and defen- woah! Rosabella just spun low and kicked Strings feet out, leaning over him she held her xiphos against his neck however he just bats it away, getting a slight cut but then kicks up off the ground…” and so on. Quickly however, he is shut up when Lil is given a cut the length of her arm. Luckily the necklace given to her by the council glows white lightly, and slowly begins to heal her cuts.

Realising what was happening, String-eye started forcing attacks much quicker. Deciding she needed some help to try and win this fight and complete her fight she tried calling on Honeycomb, the blinding spirit, for some help. Honeycomb, realising that if she granted Lil the gift to blind String-eye for 3 seconds would still struggle to overpower him because of his sight, decided to plant the mist in the centre of downstairs. However for this to happen Ty had to disappear again. Not wanting to, he walked towards Lil, clinging to consciousness. Dropping to his knees beside the two fighting, he looked up towards Lil, and begged.

Ignoring Ty, Lil told Honeycomb to help however she can. The Sudek pulled Ty in and Honeycomb used her powers to get lil to form a grey glass ball, which she then dropped in the middle of the floor causing it to smash and a mist to start curling out.

Steadily the mist spread to cover downstairs. Unable to see anything, the two had to pause their battle. The grey mist was a good distraction, however the downside was that it stopped anyone from seeing anything for 15 or so seconds. Luckily for Lil however, because of her connection to the Sudek, she could still see her hands when in front of her (with help from the glowing eye). String-eye however… well… “Usisudenge! (you are an idiot! [Xhosa])” he cried whilst he swung madly.

As Lil slowly shuffled forward, hoping to accidentally come into contact with String-eye, she pulled out the set of handcuffs she was meant to use to prevent him from escaping. However, String-eye had something up his sleeve. Realising that he had gotten nowhere in the last few seconds by swinging his arms around widely, he closed his eyes. Taking a deep breath he used his skill of Drauger to project a copy of himself into the kitchen. As 10 seconds past, a new form of String-eye was created while the ‘real’ one was in a slight comatose state. However this Drauger could see because he was formed after the mist arrived. This was an unknown problem for Lil, obviously. Walking towards the younger girl, Sting-eye grabs another of his daggers from out of a compartment in the worktop. Creeping forward, he grabs Lil in a headlock with the dagger against her throat.

“Well this certainly was not what I expected with this blindness. Though I won’t complain. How do you want me?” she questioned.looking over her shoulder she doesn’t see String-eye responding. “Dammit will nothing break you?”

Deciding to go for the easy way she stomped on his heel before headbutting his nose, when his arms loosened slightly from the pain she punched the Drauger in the Netherlands before wacking him over the head when he let go and cried out in pain. “Coc oen (the lamb’s willy/you f***er [Welsh])”

Slowly the mist started to disappear, showing Lil how the String-eye she was fighting was slightly different from how he was before. Seeing another String-eye just standing in the middle of the living room with his eyes wide open, Lil decides to go towards him. Jumping over the settee she grabs him just as he came back into consciousness and the Drauger dissolved.

A hand to hand battle started for a few moments. Both fighting to try and detain the other but not being able to grab any weapons where they were/whilst they were trying to get the upper hand. Nonetheless, the two knew this could go on and on and on if someone didn’t end this somehow. Noticing how the sun had risen a lot more than earlier, String-eye knew he needed to stop this, just like Lil did. Though they both knew the other wouldn’t back down.

Body slamming Lil to the ground, String-eye let out some of his string to tie her up. Lil didn’t go down without a fight though. Using his strength against him, she wrapped her legs around his neck and swung around until she was holding him down. With his strength, String-eye pushed himself up from the ground, throwing Lil off his back. Skidding across the floor, lil came to a stop by the smashed glass.

From the ground String-eye slowly turned around. Lil stood up. Looking down at String-eye they made eye contact. Smiling at each other, they paused. Took a deep breath. In. Out. In. Out. In. Out. Pulling her knives out of her hair, Lil smirked. Grabbing a knife from under a loose floorboard, String-eye smirked. Standing up, they both stood in fighting stances. In. Out. In. Out. Twitching slightly, they both waited to see who would make the next move. In. Out. In. And charge.

11 Likes

I love this line, it’s just so sassy haha

8 Likes

Nice! thanks for the response! :sparkles:

8 Likes

GOTTA GO FAST GOTTA GO—

Alright Tomo you know what time it is? Yes it’s assassination time get yer bum up lass—

10 Likes

IS THAT A JOJO REFERENCE I-

8 Likes

Unfortunately not but I wish I would have thought of that…

9 Likes