8 Likes

AHHHHH I FALL ASLEEEEEEP

Okay my response is halfway done soooo gonna finish it soon

8 Likes

Yeah I figured, don’t worry about it!

7 Likes

sigh

and of course it’s the one I was going to review

oh well I survived double Sydney in a day, I’ll do this in a week/month.

probably

maybe

9 Likes
Aevyn vs. String-eye

Through the TV chatter, Aevyn looked at the glass of water. Then, to the back of String-eye’s head. Damn, he’s hotter in person… The boy tentatively reached out for the glass, bringing it close to his chest as he studied his surroundings. “A pity I have to capture you,” he muttered, taking a sip. “Ooh, this is some good tasting expensive shit-” Realizing that he was acting very unprofessionally, he immediately composed himself, clearing his throat and fixing his collar.

What do I do now? He’s awake. Aevyn bit his lip, nursing the glass of water in his hand. “Dude, are you even worried at all?”

No response.

String-eye kept his eyes on the TV, completely ignoring the boy, cigarette smoke wafting into the air. “I’m going to get second-hand smoke thanks to you,” he complained loudly.

Okay then, this is going to be frustrating. It’s gonna be a one-sided conversation, I guess. Should I just try to annoy him into going along with me? I hate to have to fight with someone as handsome as him.

Aevyn gathered all his courage, staring at the back of String-eye’s head. “Where should I put this when I’m done?” A finger pointed to the sink. “Right, thanks. So shall we get started?”

Still no response.

The boy released a sigh, stretching his arms out. “Alright, we shall start then.” He began with joining String-eye on the couch, blinking at the TV screen. “So… whatcha watching?” Aevyn patiently waited for an answer but got nothing. He changed the subject. “Well, since I kinda know about your string abilities and eye stuff, not to mention that name of yours… You’re starting to really remind me of Spider-Man, ya know? With the psh-psh thingy he does?” The boy added some gestures for more spice.

String-eye barely changed his expression, keeping a mix of bored and calm on his face. Maybe a flicker of irritation flashed across his eyes. Aevyn didn’t know. All he wanted to do was try not to engage in combat with the string dude… not yet at least.

“No? Do you not watch movies or anything? Like come on, you got a big ass TV right there! Don’t tell me you don’t even have Netflix or Disney+!” The boy huffed out in annoyance. “You know what, your villain name sounds kinda stupid. Like, what even is String-eye? What does that even represent? It’s literally both of your abilities in your name!” Aevyn paused, “no offense by the way. You should really come up with a more edgier one, that’s just my opinion though.”

The boy waited for something to happen, but there was just silence. String-eye didn’t even need to do anything to show how annoyed he was. Aevyn? Well, he was slightly disappointed, just because he couldn’t get the man to talk. How do I get this dude back?

“Hey, I got an idea. Let’s play rock, paper, scissors. If I lose, I leave you alone and go back home. If you lose, you have to go along with me without a fight. How does that sound?”

Aevyn swore he heard crickets, even in broad daylight. “Fine, let’s go. Rock, paper, scissors, shoot!” He brought out his fist, waiting to see String-eye’s hand. He got nothing, as expected. “Okay… so you’re not going down without a fight, are ya?”

The man didn’t bother replying. Aevyn rolled his eyes, grabbing the remote and switching the TV off. “Let’s fight.”

In an instant, the boy was turned upside down, finding himself hanging by the foot. Staring back at a second String-eye, “so… which one are you? The clone version or the-”

Aevyn squeaked out in horror as a knife almost went through him, swinging back just in time before the blade was thrust forward. “Get me out of this thing at least!” the boy cried as String-eye pulled the string back. Aevyn was dragged out from the ceiling and slammed onto the floor, tasting blood as he bit down on his tongue. “Ouch!”

He couldn’t even take a break, scrambling away when a blade was thrown at his head. Eyes widened and heart pumping, the boy felt alive, springing to action. Wincing back the pain, he reached for his twin daggers, relishing the cool, familiar touch. He dodged a fatal blow, blocking it with a blue-tinted blade. “Carmen’s got this,” he winked.

Disappearing into the shadows and out of the metal string, Aevyn appeared out of the couch’s shadow and swung for the real String-eye’s body, sitting on the couch. He ducked as the projection released the string, aiming to tie the boy up in it. Aevyn jumped down for the kill but felt a sharp pain slice his wrist before he could stab the man. The whir of the string echoing in his ears.

String-eye was back in his body, glaring at the boy. Aevyn inspected his wrist, finding the cut not too deep. “What is that string even made of?” he murmured. He melted into the man’s shadow, appearing behind him to feel a crunch as an elbow hit his nose.

“Oh god…” Aevyn groaned, covering his nose with a hand. “I hope you didn’t break it cause it doesn’t feel very good.” String-eye turned around, twirling a dagger in his hand. “Man, you have really good eyesight, don’t you? Maybe that’s why you’re called that.”

Aevyn kicked the man’s hand, climbing on top of his body and pressing him down. He was careful about the bracelet, covering it with his foot as they both struggled to overpower each other. String-eye twisted underneath the boy, focused on getting out from underneath. “Whoops, should’ve paid attention to this instead,” Aevyn grinned as he hopped back.

The man’s couch suddenly dropped down on him, pinning String-eye down. Then, everything went silent. I didn’t kill him, did I? the boy panicked. He knelt down to see if his target was breathing before feeling a string wrap around his ankle. “Fuck-” Aevyn was once again dragged onto the floor, finding the projection pulling him back.

“Damn, I kinda forgot about you,” the boy smiled weakly. He disappeared into a shady corner, escaping the string’s hold and collecting himself back. He watched as the projection stood with absolute stillness, then walking over to calmly get his real body out. With a grunt, the couch was flipped over, revealing a relatively fine-looking String-eye.

Aevyn bounced out from the shadows, swinging his dagger at the projection’s head, watching as it missed, with fake string-eye tilting his head away. The boy clenches his teeth, fucking 360-degree sight. he flipped out of the way as the whir of a string hits the ground, narrowly missing its target. The projection rolled it back, diving in to stab Aevyn with its dagger.

They danced. A set of acrobatic moves and footwork, trying to get the upper hand. The boy was able to slash away at fake String-eye’s arm which didn’t affect him much, earning a bad cut on his leg from the string in return. Aevyn panted, noting that he would need at least one more hit before the man would need to return to his real body. One more hit. Just one more hit, he swallowed. Aevyn closed his eyes, dissolving into the dark shadows. He stayed quiet, hiding behind the projection’s shadow, waiting for the right time to stab him.

Now!

The boy materialized, immediately pushing his dagger into fake String-eye’s heart through the back, watching as the projection dispersed. Aevyn turned to see the real String-eye get into an upright position and stretched out his arm to release the deadly string, that was until the boy froze the man’s entire body. He relished the sight of watching the man’s eye widen and then suddenly freezing in place. “Sorry, orders are orders. I gotta go quick since I don’t want your projection to ambush me again.”

Aevyn picked up frozen String-eye with no problem, happily teleporting outside.

8 Likes

You got this Wolfy!

8 Likes

nice! thanks for sending in your response! :sparkles:

7 Likes

Nerfing time :smiling_imp:

If you really really hate any of the changes, let me know and I’ll see what I can adjust!! But keep in mind that if I make one thing stronger, I’m gonna have to weaken something else.

I’ll start with the weapons:

Didn’t need to weaken this one!! Just added some details. His Trident is made out of very durable ice. When he throws his Ice Trident it will return to his hand within 3 seconds, even dragging along anything in its path.

Again, no need to touch it!!

Okay, so this one I did end up knocking down a bunch—just because weapons can’t be too powerful, especially if you’ve used all four of your ability slots. Marsh carries his bow on his back. This bow will freeze anyone he fires his arrow at for 1 second. He can hold 7 arrows in his quiver. His quiver regenerates its arrows at a rate of 1 arrow per minute.

Moving onto Special Abilities:

Marsh has 5 2-ft long ice spears at his disposal. The spears will shatter on impact. The spears fly where his palm faces. He can use these spears at any moment in battle, provided he waits at least 10 seconds between uses. His fatigue will increase slightly with each spear. If/when all the spears have been thrown, Marsh’s fatigue will have increased by a total of 50%.

Oh, boy, did I need to nerf this one. He turns his arm into a circular ice shield. The shield can take 4 strong strikes. He can summon and dismiss the ice shield at will, but it can only take 4 strikes over the course of the entire fight.

He can turn the floor around him into a path of ice 2 feet in diameter so he can skate on it for 5 seconds. He skates at 30 mph, and it also slows down enemies in his path. The ice path disappears once the 5 seconds are up. Marsh can use this ability up to 3 times per battle.

Marsh can create a circular ice arena up to 50 ft in diameter that lasts for 10 seconds. When in the arena, all enemies are slowed, and he gains a +1 boost in Strength and Stamina. He can also skate on the arena’s surface. Once the arena has dissipated, Marsh will be extremely fatigued for 20 seconds.

I also figured that it would be best to add sort of a notice to Marsh’s form, just because he has a lot of magical ice-based abilities but that exact nature of that ice isn’t really explained.

—While any ice created by Marsh won’t melt naturally over time like normal ice, it can still be melted by other means—

Please reply to this post letting me know what you think!! If everything’s all good, we can welcome Marsh into the Colosseum right away. If you have any questions/want anything changes, just @ me and let me know.

5 Likes

That’s good thanks for balancing my character!

7 Likes

No problem :slight_smile:

7 Likes

P R I N C E ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎M A R S H

C R U I S E

A S S I G N E D - R A N K :T R A R I

A B I L I T Y - T Y P E : M I X E D

R E F E R E N C E - N U M B E R : # 6 8

@Zozucan

S T A N D - B Y

FO R - Y O U R

F I R S T - O P P O N E N T

8 Likes

@Zozucan

You’re assigned to the prompt opponent STRING-EYE. Read over them to get a grasp of their abilities & the environment you’re in!
I’ll link the prompt opponent below, along with the Q&A post including the questions other users have asked about them. This is updated frequently as new questions are asked, so check over it once every few days if you haven’t already sent your response.

Your due date is later than the others, so you’ll have over 7 days from today.
Your due date is the 16TH JULY 11.59PM GMT (UK) time.

If you ever lose these posts, simply go to the waiting list at the top of the thread, and click the link to the opponent. It’ll take you right there!

I suggest bookmarking the waiting list since everything is linked for you there.

Otherwise, ask me anything if you’re unsure.

7 Likes

I already wrote the response before I even joined lol.

♆ A Stringy Situation ♆

I slowly creak open the door. Stringeye’s house was quite large. I scan the house, but in one corner, I see a pair of red eyes staring in my direction. A knife comes flying at me, and it impales me in the shoulder. I run to the nearest crate and hide behind it, while Stringeye hides and sends a clone at me. It spots me and stabs my ankle. I start bleeding out. I grab my trident, ramming it into his chest.
His clone falls to the ground and disappears. I get away from the box and crawl to the dinner table. Stringeye peeks out of the shadows, scanning the area. He catches me and charges toward me. I use my Ice Shield and block a few of his swings. My shield shatters, and I roll away summoning my Ice Spears. They fly toward Stringeye, but he dodges two of them. The rest hit him.
One is stuck in his knee, and the other two just made cuts. I duck his slices and roll under him and cut one of his feet off. Stringeye knocks me on the ground. I struggle to get up, but he doesn’t let me. He grabs my trident and throws it to the opposite side of the room. I reach in my pocket for my dagger.
I quickly pull out my tiny dagger. He shoots a small string at me, and it cuts my knee open. I start to bleed out. I manage to cut his other foot, and he slips to the ground. I get up and walk and grab my trident. Stringeye struggles on the floor.
I search the house for a rope. I check all the crates. In one of them, I find a rope, grab it, and limp over to Stringeye. I spot him still on the ground, so I tie him up and kick him a couple of times. He falls unconscious. “I have won this aquatic battle!” I say to his unconscious body. I pull him by the arm and crawl out of the house. I use my Ice Skating ability to get as far away as I can from his home.

8 Likes

…I genuinely think that’s the fastest rp response to date :laughing:

7 Likes

@Zozucan are you sure you don’t want to use the full 7 days to write more and expand on both Marsh’s powers and String-eye’s?

6 Likes

Yea i’ll write some more.

7 Likes

Yeah, there’s no rush!! Take your time. Also, you wrote it before you joined?? :eyes: I was going to say that’s the quickest response I’ve gotten, in under 10 minutes too

7 Likes

That’s a first

7 Likes

Mostly unintentional. . .lol sorry about that

5 Likes