Can we talk about headphones and earbuds? Ones we like and ones we don't really like, far as brand names!

If my memory best serves me.

Yeah, as a non-rich person, I can’t relate. LOL!

LOL!

1 Like

Ooh, hello, I wear headphones 24/7. No, that is not an exaggeration, I wear them to bed and I have multiple pairs in my purse for the exlress purpose of a backup if anything happens to the ones I wear out.

I like the aesthetic of wired earbuds but don’t use them anymore. At least not right now. When I did use them I liked House of Marley Little Bird earbuds. They had good sound, nice colours, comfortable fit, and as a bonus they’re made from sustainable materials. They weren’t the sturdiest earbuds, I think I had to replace them every other month. But to be fair, at the time I was working in a pulp mill and also sleeping with them in. Buying replacements didn’t burn a hole in my pocket either.

I used to also like Skullcandy Ink’d but they were significantly more expensive and didn’t last any longer or do anything that justified spending the difference.

As far as over-ear headphones, I’m fond of my trusty Skullcandy Crusher Stereos. I’ve had them for years, turning on the bass function so they vibrate like a speaker is fun and sometimes exactly what I need, and the cord is a detachable auxillary cord so you can replace it without replacing the entire headset. The downside is it takes a seperate battery to run the bass feature and if you’re like me and forget to turn it off… well, that’s a lot of batteries.

I also have a wireless Wicked over-ear headset. It’s okay, I don’t love it but I use it sometimes and my friend seems to really like her set.

Annnnnd noooooow… Wireless earbuds, mwahahaha. I’ve burned through 4 pairs across 3 styles/brands this past year.

Skullcandy Sesh Evo: Will not connect for. shit. It takes a minute for them to start being stubborn, longer if you only use one device, but it way too quickly got to the point where I had to power cycle them regularly to connect. And the connection would drop mid-audio, no warning, with my phone literally inches away from the buds.

Wouldn’t charge on their own either. I had to have the case open next to me just so i could catch them giving up and reset the bud in it’s thingy every 15 minutes. It wasn’t just the indicator light turning off either, multiple times I left it and had dead earbuds hours later.

Also they were a bit big and fell out of my ears on occasion.

But the audio quality and noise isolation were fantastic. Enough to convince me to buy them twice (all the issues were present in both pairs and i ended up getting so frustrated i broke the second pair… ahem strategically throwing one at the wall .-.) so if that’s all you care about then go for it.

oh, and they were SEVENTY DOLLARS >:[

Skullcandy Dime: Significantly less battery life than the others, less noise isolation, slightly less audio quality. Also less comfortable imo, they follow the airpod design with the little stick ends coming out of it and i find the sticks rub a little more than just buds.

They will drop connection if your audio stops for too long, but give it 10 seconds and it reconnects on its own. I don’t know what’s up with that but they’ll keep up that little cycle until you start the audio again.

They come in the smallest case which makes it the most portable, I think you could even attach it to your phone case without much trouble. HOWEVER they have a bit of the same charging problem that the sesh evo’s have. wtf is up with that, Skullcandy?

Anyways, good in a pinch but I’m not in love with the audio.

JLab GO Air Pop: The middle ground? Good battery life, comfortable fit that doesn’t fall out of my ears. No connection problems so far. And i love that the charging cable is built-in so i don’t have to root around in Cable Purgatory every time i need to charge the case.

The audio has a weirdass glitch though. I swear I thought I was going deaf the first time i used them because they would not go louder than, like, half volume. It fixed itself eventually but it reverts back to that at random and has started cutting out alltogether. If you unpair, power cycle, re-pair the audio comes back but it’s an incredibly annoying problem for a pair of earbuds to have.

I like the buttons least on this pair, too. The other two had click buttons whereas these ones have touch-only, which leads to accidental skips and reverses and all that if i happen to be holding one.

Anyways, there’s my take on some of them. Do with it what you will

1 Like

I’ve never had open back headphones before, but they sound like they’d be more comfortable! Though I hate when I can hear what other people are listening to, and wouldn’t want to do that to other people.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.