Can You Survive this montage of 1980s Video Dating?

If I had choose between only online dating or only video dating, I’d fully choose online.

4 Likes

Nope. Didn’t even survive the screen shot before you hit play.

2 Likes

I was able to watch as far as the trees in the intro, then had to turn away. (⊙.⊙(-̶●̃ₒ●̶̃)⊙.⊙)

1 Like

Very 1980s hair and mustache

2 Likes

@SayWatt You’re our only hope!

1 Like

oh jeez. WTF IS THAT :rofl:

3 Likes

Video dating!

2 Likes

The businessman saying “No poseurs.” :ragejoy:

If I was a girl in the 1980s I would hit that guy up for sure.

2 Likes

Why is the guy in the viking costume the most comfortable on camera?

4 Likes

thta was less painful then i thought. what the hell was with that editing though? “Fire breathing dragons—ABUSE SITE LINES-- my favorite food is pizza” and why would you keep in the one guy saying “I’m not having fun?” or showing how the other guy was clearly reading from a script?? :skull:

video isnt a fair perception of a person’s relatability, although there were a few that were bleh even from that limited time of seeing them. it’s an insight into what tv considered normal semi eligible men i suppose.

2 Likes

I don’t know where you could find the full, uncut videos but this was like pre-internet Tinder. You had to pay a company to make these and buy vhs tapes. Think about that.

Because the self-proclaimed weirdos would be used to showing off. Most people didn’t get video recorded of them in everyday life. I’m still uncomfortable when people shove recording crap in my face. I’m still very GenX on that.

2 Likes

Let’s be real… if people made dating videos today, the cringe would be a thousand times worse.

2 Likes

A lot worse, but thankfully we are spared

1 Like

This was hilarious I died all the way through, this is so poorly edited together, and their responses are unironically meme-worthy, wtffff, who did this :joy: :joy: :joy:.

Some of my favorite highlights:

ArE u lOokIn foR someOne someOne

“Hi, my names Monroe, you probably noticed I’m sjknbdklna”

“I like to talk to people deep into the night.”

Appears in a Viking costume “Hi, I’m Fred.”

“Hi, my names Mike, and if you’re watching this video smoking a cigarette, well, hit the fast forward button 'cuz I don’t smoke and I don’t like people who do.”

smiles “I’m not afraid to get sand on my tuxedo-”

: D “Hi mom” : D

“Uhummmmm Uhhhh…” *looks straight into camera, “I do fashion photography.”

“And I do consider myself a ‘refend vallay dood’”.

“What I’m not looking for is some big overgrown monster that’s always thinking about fooood.” (OKEY)

“I’m looking for the goddess. Are you the goddess? Who is the goddess?” This guy seems a wee bit confused, perhaps he’s a Skyrim NPC transported to our universe in search for ‘the goddess’.

“I really like pizza.”

“I’m a twenty-five years subscriber to both playboy and the new yorker magazine” :troll:

“No hamsters”

“I will cry at a commercial.”

3 Likes

He has been able to assimilate into 1980s America pretty well, then.

2 Likes

He’s got the rose and everything.

2 Likes

Really. The Viking guy seemed most normal of this lot.
Wow. I wonder why they were single…

2 Likes

I think this guy was the 80’s bad boy.

I hate it that I thought he was cute. I blame the leather and the hair.

2 Likes

Fire-breathing dragons? In response to what? XD

1 Like