Some things make more sense once you do them. Glad you were able to figure it out.
Different Hug Gifs
A cutie ghost is cutie. Good hugs. Can’t feel but it’s there. Very there. 10/10 hug.\
Super cute kitty. Kitty looks super cute. Pat pat goes the head.
Bear hug so sweet. Brown bear looks mostly confused though. Still caught white bear. Maybe brown bear happy on the inside?
Types of Magic
Apparently the Great Wizard’s type of magic deals with destruction and unbalance. The Great Wizard isn’t as perfect as they appear to be, and their fatal flaw is trying to keep all of the power to themself.
Those who try to steal the Great Wizard’s power want to restore balance.
The dragadon is a hologram that helps us with our new life by answering a few questions every day. The dragadon serves an unknown master. This master could be the Great Wizard, since the dragadon’s master doesn’t seem to like the Necromancer (see below) and the Necromancer works with creation (which is the opposite of destruction). The master could also be someone who works with a type of magic called Illusion (see the third type of magic) because the hologram could be considered an illusion.
The Necromancer raises things from the dead, and that can be seen as “creating” new life. Therefore, the Necromancer works with the Creation type of magic. The Necromancer typically hangs out in the Lair, and they have eyes everywhere except in some PMs and the in-between.
According to the dragadon, the Necromancer prefers being around dead things and doesn’t care too much about the living.
This is the third and last type of magic. It is also the type of magic that we know least about, although many people believe Illusion can be represented by or .
Some people also believe the dragadon’s master works with Illusion, since the Great Wizard works with destruction, the Necromancer works with creation, and another master must work with illusion. The hologram can be thought of as an illusion as well. Most of these thoughts are just theories, though.
Does this work?
Yes, your link works.
wanted to do more but I need to shut down computer FAST!
Huge thunder storm
Unit 3: Introduction to CSS
Calling all students!
@astrophile I have a question about last week’s assignment, Lumi. While I was writing this code:
I realized that I couldn’t use the BBcode for italics or block to change the paragraph font.
The font worked only when I used the HTML code. Can’t we use BBcode simultaneously with HTML? Below each other?
Hope I’m making sense here, Lumi!
It’s generally not recommended to mix coding types together, which is why we spent time going over the differences in the first assignment. Mixing the types can still be done but it requires being very careful and making sure you space out your lines so that only one code type is in each line, if that makes sense.
Something like this as a basic example:
[center] <b>hello</b> [/center]
Yes, that makes sense, Lumi! Thank you!
can I ask how you make the space between the border and the words?
Add in padding like this:
You can read more about it here:
I can’t even imagine who that would be.
I, too, wonder who.
I will go hide now.
Hello, came back from experimenting and I have a few questions (5…with questions inside of them). Also, I’m pretty bad with terminology at the moment so I may make no sense.
- In the original code, I put 500px for width but someone using a mobile device said it looked cut off and I wondered if it was too large or I did something wrong. So, I trimmed it to 300px which fit perfectly, but that also made everything longer and it looked weird from my device. Is there a way to make images look the same across all devices?
- For this assignment, does order matter? For example, can height go before width? Or should the order be exactly like the example for consistency…
- What if I add more like border-radius and font-family (I think both have been done in assignments submitted above but just making sure)? If the answer is yes, I will try putting related elements together.
- I also tried putting spans inside of a span. There were 4 inside a larger one. The first 3 looked fine and evenly spaced, however, the 4th overlapped with the 3rd so I might remove it altogether but it is odd and I haven’t figured it out yet.
- How do I center the whole thing in a forums post (if possible)?
Thank you so much for teaching this class by the way. It’s fun