Coding 101

It’s part of the ARG. If you enter the word “August,” something interesting will pop up :eyes:

3 Likes

Encounter the defeats, but not be defeated. Strong in the belief to succeed. Encounter the pain, but do not be reduced. There’s a perspective you gain. Growth happens after a storm. Encounter the loss, but do not stop. These are but stepping blocks to sway. You from going on your way. Encounter the backlash, but do not clash. With the ones who’d do anything. To see the tears under your lash.

Pastebin :smile:

4 Likes

Thanks Chloe! :heart:

2 Likes

magic.*゚+

:bread:

4 Likes

Huh, that’s odd.

3 Likes

Assignment 2 Reflection

Calling all students!

@flyingCouch @xinmure @lst-my-shp-sil @greekmyth @merinnie @Theora @deathinreverie @Forever_D_A @ValKayRee @dumplingbabe @hazelnuttys @panaceia @Beth-Pebble @JJJ000YYY @Nablai @keen

Sorry for the long wait this week. I’ve been a bit preoccupied elsewhere and I’ll try to grade future assignments much more quickly. That aside, though, let’s jump into talking about how you all did on assignment two. In case you forgot, assignment two was about learning how to use anchors.

Looking through the submissions this time, I should have been more clear about the proper syntax. I noticed a few submissions where clicking a link in someone’s assignment took you to… another person’s assignment. If that was the case for you, you’re welcome to message me for one on one tutoring to troubleshoot anchors more. I really want to help all of you learn coding in any way I can.

For this assignment, as long as your anchor linked to somewhere within your post, I gave you an S. If you went above and beyond by adding images and other non-text elements, you got an E. If, as mentioned above, your assignment linked to someone else’s assignment, you were assigned an N. Also, as a heads-up, if you ever submit your assignment before the deadline and realize that it’s not a direct reply, you can delete your post and then reply again to make sure your submission gets graded.

If you have any questions or concerns, don’t be afraid to reach out to me. If you want to discuss your grade, please reach out privately. I’ll be more than happy to clarify something for you, especially if it helps you reach a deeper understanding with the code. Anywho, hope you all have a good week!

Student Name Grade
flyx S
xin F (no submission received)
lux S
greeky S
mina E
theora E
xérès E
ashen N
val F (not a direct reply)
jade E
hazel E
g-ane E
beth F (no submission received)
joy E
nab N
keen S
9 Likes

heyo, i would like to be removed from the class list until further notice <3

2 Likes

You won’t be able to rejoin once you leave. Are you sure you wish to leave?

3 Likes

Preferred Name: Ink

Why do you want to learn coding? So I can get better at HTML - something I’ve sucked with for a really long time. Plus, I want my future threads to look cool.

Have you read the rules? Yep!

Can you commit at least one hour a week to this? Definitely

Is there anything in particular you wish to learn? Nothing in particular. Just here to be a sponge.

Anything else I should know? I hope I didn’t sign up too late… I would love to participate! And I’d definitely do my best to catch up.

3 Likes

Assignment 3 (linked here) is due August 31st 6pm PDT. I recommend you look over the previous two assignments (linked here) to get a grasp of what you missed. We haven’t gone over too much yet but if you find yourself struggling to catch up, feel free to reach out to me privately and I can talk through concepts with you. Anywho, welcome to the course. I’ll go ahead and add you to the student list.

3 Likes

:eyes: | oh wait are you a part of the badge hunters thingy-

3 Likes

What do you mean?

4 Likes

the link. it leads to that nohistory thingy and then it gives you a link for smth else. and i saw that in the badge hunters thread o.O

3 Likes

What a strange coincidence. I don’t know where that link came from. Perhaps it’s from another world?

4 Likes

:eyes: :eyes:

3 Likes

Anyways, as this is a coding class, I will have to ask you to keep further posts related to coding. I don’t know much about what goes on in other worlds or… what kinds of magic exist. I’m just a coding instructor in this reality.

4 Likes

yes of course, sorry my bad~ ': D

4 Likes

yeah XD <3

4 Likes

Alright, I’ll go ahead and remove you. Take care.

4 Likes

Sips on chocolate milk. Lesson learned but knowing my fish brain, I’ll do that in the future. Thanks for the heads-up.

4 Likes