Coding 101

All good now. :sunny:

Also also I found out you can write stretch instead of round for the border image (and some other I forgot about), but, for most images, it doesn’t change much…

4 Likes

Sweet. Thanks for pointing it out. I’m not impermeable to coding typo’s. :pensive:

Woah, that’s neat. Shame it doesn’t really change much though for most images.

4 Likes

No problem~

Apparently, there’s repeat too. I haven’t bothered with it too much, but maybe it’s something we can all look into…

4 Likes

It’s worth exploring at least if you do that portion of the assignment anyways.

4 Likes

there is some text here in this cute box

https://pastebin.com/tf9a0Xft

7 Likes

Assignment 3 Reflection

Calling all students!

@flyingCouch @xinmure @lst-my-shp-sil @greekmyth @merinnie @Theora @deathinreverie @Forever_D_A @ValKayRee @dumplingbabe @hazelnuttys @panaceia @JJJ000YYY @Nablai @keen @W.L.Ink

Everyone that submitted did well on this assignment! There was no major issues from what I could tell. A few people asked me about why their code was cut off on certain devices and while I did answer them personally, I think it’s important enough to say something to everyone. Code can be a tricky beast sometimes as you might be beginning to notice. Sometimes, you can make something look nice but… it doesn’t look the same on every single device. Don’t worry too much for now. We’ll learn more about this later in much greater detail. I have a whole assignment dedicated to mobile responsiveness.

Moving on, though, I was fairly lenient with grading this time since there wasn’t a lot of room for error. As long as your code worked (which is true for everyone), you earned at least an S for the assignment.

Let me step on my soapbox for a second before I let you all see your grades. This isn’t directed at any single person because I believe you all are genuinely here to learn how to code. However, code stealing is a very serious offense. It takes me ages to come up with a design and even longer to execute it. As we get into making more personalized things for our assignments, I want you to be aware of this. Taking a quick glance at another submission to see how they did something is discouraged. If you want to know how something is done, please ask the person or better yet, ask me. It’s why I’m here. Code discussion is encouraged in here and also encouraged over at The Coder’s Society. Just don’t try and get me or someone else to do your entire assignment for you. Haha.

If you have any questions or concerns, don’t be afraid to reach out to me. If you want to discuss your grade, please reach out privately. I’ll be more than happy to clarify something for you, especially if it helps you reach a deeper understanding with the code. Anywho, hope you all have a good week!

If you have an asterisk next to your grade, please message me as soon as you can!

Student Name Grade
flyx E
xin F (no submission received)
lux S
greeky E
mina E
theora E
xérès S
ashen L*
val E
jade S*
hazel S
g-ane E
joy S
nab S
keen E
ink E
10 Likes

⊙.☉ my first E!!!

6 Likes

Congratulations Couch! :confetti_ball:

2 Likes

you’re right about the radius for the second one ;;w;;, also didn’t i didn’t do quite a lot-
honestly my mind is blank atm ;;w;;

clickity clackity for the pastey wastey

Some may say that all they are is a boy group.

But to me?

They are family.

retrograde living,
is the best living.

5 Likes

Time
isn’t
real.

When you planted flowers inside of me I thought you were going to water them too.

Silly me.

They died.

Pastebin.

7 Likes

I really hope I’m doing this right xD

Part 1: Alicorn represent xD

:unicorn: neigh

Part 2:

Rain

:cloud_with_rain: boop

4 Likes

stars can’t shine without darkness

the stars are very beautiful above the palace walls

:sparkles:

7 Likes
Fun and Fluffy

Cool Clouds

COOL CLOUDS

Pastebin Link: :cloud:

5 Likes

I am ready to read some horror stories by the window, wrap myself up in a fluffy blanket, and snuggle with a sleepy cat.

autumn kitty

Nothing like a shooting star to wish upon

to dream endless dreams

and thrive on ambition

shooting stars

I had sooo much fun with this! I learned so much. Thank you for the great lesson, I learn more and more each time!

6 Likes

this is also a place where people live, after all

Pastebin

4 Likes

I’m sleepy so im about to get off, but whenever i try to put an image in, instead of the URL it “uploads” the dang image making it not work

3 Likes

Are you using copy image address?

Or getting the url directly from the address bar?

3 Likes

everybody’s dreams coming true but mine,

could i not keep up, am i falling behind?

optional task 2 might have been too complex for my single brain cell to process oops ;-;
wheeee~

7 Likes

On my phone i clicked copy. Is this possibly something i can only do from the computer?

3 Likes

On mobile, I tap and hold on the image until the options appear and then I click on “open image in new tab”:

Then I go to the new tab and take the url from the address bar.

2 Likes