Coding 101

Thank you! After some experimenting, I think I got it:

Hello there

Hopefully an image in the border works too.

Click for the Pastebin Link

3 Likes

PASTEBIN

3 Likes

Your time will come. You will face the same Evil, and you will defeat it.
-Arwen

It’s a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don’t keep your feet, there’s no knowing where you might be swept off to.
-Bilbo Baggins

The board is set, the pieces are moving. We come to it at last, the great battle of our time.
-Gandalf

:sparkles:

3 Likes

Welcome to the panic room
Where all your darkest fears are gonna
Come for you, come for you
Welcome to the panic room
You’ll know I wasn’t joking
When you see them too, see them too

:old_key:

3 Likes

Oceans are nice.

https://pastebin.com/iYwA5bsM

4 Likes

Assignment 4 Reflection

Calling all students!

@flyingCouch @xinmure @lst-my-shp-sil @greekmyth @merinnie @Theora @deathinreverie @Forever_D_A @ValKayRee @dumplingbabe @hazelnuttys @panaceia @JJJ000YYY @Nablai @keen @W.L.Ink

While grading, I noticed a few of you wrote the line break tag (<br>) with an accompanying closing tag (</br>). This method isn’t wrong but when using HTML5, you do not need the closing tag. The <br> tag by itself is enough to act as both the opening and the closing tag. To learn more, click here or here.

I’m not sure where people picked up the <div align="center"> bit but when you use a tag like that, you need an accompanying closing tag for it, too, in the form of </div>. I’m not too familiar with how it works besides that it center-aligns whatever is inside of it, including spans, but if you ever feel like you need to work through it one on one, my Wacky Writers inbox is always open to help.

So, this is really minor but when I list out properties (as I did in unit 4) that I want you to change, I expect you to change all of them. There were more than a few submissions where that wasn’t the case. The way I’ve been grading both this and the last few assignments is to first evaluate whether or not your code works as intended and then I dig into the values you used to make sure you changed the ones I asked you to. It won’t hurt your grade but it does come off as if you did not read the instructions or comprehend them fully, which makes me wonder if I’m not being clear enough.

For future assignments, I will not be handing out base codes to modify. The first five assignments were like testing out training wheels. Starting from unit six and onwards, we’ll be heading into more difficult course material. Please, please reach out to me if you’re struggling. I’m not a mind-reader and messaging all of you one by one myself after each assignment would be very time-consuming.

If you have any questions or concerns, don’t be afraid to reach out to me. If you want to discuss your grade, please reach out privately. I’ll be more than happy to clarify something for you, especially if it helps you reach a deeper understanding with the code. Anywho, hope you all have a good week!

If you have an asterisk next to your grade, please message me as soon as you can!

If you have a triangle next to your grade, it means you did not change one or more of the properties given in the base code. You are not in trouble. I just want you to know I noticed. Also, I went back and forth with everyone’s codes to double check, which is why grading took longer this week.

Student Name Grade
flyx E
xin F (no submission received)
lux L
greeky E
mina E
theora E
xérès E*
ashen L
val E
jade E
hazel S
g-ane E
joy E
nab E
keen S
ink E*
9 Likes

:sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

4 Likes

My eyes are tired from grading. I need a nap now.

4 Likes

go nap! you deserve it :two_hearts:

4 Likes

Woah… I can’t believe I got an excellent! :tada: Thank you so much, Lumi! :heart:

2 Likes

induratize (v).

to make one’s heart hardened or resistant to someone’s pleas or advances, or to the idea of love.

Pastebin.

10 Likes
3 Likes

I’m sorry but since the class is currently half over, I am not accepting new students at this time. You’re welcome to lurk and do the assignments on your own and post it in The Coding Playground (no talking to others allowed there) or The Coder’s Society (talking to others allowed here). However, you will not be added as a formal student.

2 Likes

Portal to

Somewhere

Portal to…somewhere else

5 Likes
hello I go by many names. some of them include, g-ane, pan, pandamum, kate, mod, diner owner c.b. kate taylor
Pandamum
6 Likes

hey.

Pastebin

6 Likes

i don’t need you to light up my world.

just sit with me in the dark.

pastebin

5 Likes

Hope this works, Lumi :slight_smile:

The text doesn’t touch the border directly.

Pastebin

4 Likes

Friendly Reminder

@xinmure @lst-my-shp-sil @merinnie @dumplingbabe @W.L.Ink

Unit 5 is due in roughly 4 hours from now for full credit. If you complete it within 24 hours after the deadline, you’re still able to earn partial credit. (Better to submit it late than to not submit it at all…)

6 Likes

ahhh I totally forgot about this >.< I’m at school rn but I’ll try to finish ASAP!

3 Likes