Coding 101

cute puppies.

6 Likes

Less than a day left.

3 Likes
Blue, Pink, Purple

:night_with_stars: Pastebin

4 Likes

Debbie woke up with a start. She had chills going down her spine and she was covered in sweat all over her face. At the same time, Julie was also aroused from sleep and as groggy as she was, all she could muster was "I saw you in my dream today, Debbie and for the life of me, I don’t understand why."A half-yawn, chuckled laugh left Debbie. Sorry. I didn’t mean to laugh. It just came out, Julie…Julie just stared at Debbie. Blankly. Wondering what the fuck was going on.
Mr. Gray slid the breakfast trays through the inlet beneath the door with the words, "I’ve some news for the both of you–Miss Steele and Miss (Julie’s surname)
"Uh-oh. This better be good, Mr. Gray. Any news always has been bad for me."Well, that’s for you to decide, Miss Steele. Mr. Gray smirked. In lieu of your exemplary behavior, the administration has shortened both of your quarantine punishment from today.
You are free to resume your normal routine and mix with your colleagues. On that note Miss Steele, there’s a lot of pending work—around two weeks worth, and I want you to start it as soon as possible. I hope to see it completed by tonight. I’m not requesting you, Miss Steele, just telling you.
Mr. Gray’s eyes had a hard look and his lips thinned into a tight, if-you-don’t-do-it-you-are-screwed kind of look. Any questions? I believe I’m clear, so let’s move on.

Pastebin

4 Likes

words are everything
selcouth
(adj.) unfamiliar, rare, strange, and yet marvelous

dormiveglia
(n.) the space that stretches between sleeping and waking.

metanoia
(n.) the journey of changing one’s mind, heart, self, or way of life.

serein
(n.) the fine light rain that falls from a clear sky at sunset or in the early hours of night; evening serenity

. . . inky codes . . .

6 Likes

Final Exam
Using everything you’ve learned, design a thread. You heard me right. A thread. A real thread like this one. Please refrain from re-using old thread designs you may have created in the past. I want you to make something new and special for this final exam.

If you don’t know what to make, here are some ideas:

● a typical themed chatting thread
● a reflection thread on how much you’ve learned in the class, how much you struggled, and your favorite features
● a thank you thread for anyone you feel is deserving of recognition

This thread does not have to be posted for real (as its own link on the forums) but if you choose to post it, tag me there and then DM me your Pastebin link.

If you decide not to post it, standard rules for submitting applies. Post as a direct reply and show me the code in a link via Pastebin like past assignments.

Deadline: November 24th @ 8pm PST

Best of luck to everyone!

I know you’ll make me proud. :thecuteststar:

Summoning all remaining students!

@flyingCouch @greekmyth @Theora @ValKayRee @JJJ000YYY @Nablai @W.L.Ink

5 Likes

I’ll be here if you all have any questions about the final exam.

4 Likes

Heehee my new thread design was a SG for this exam :joy:

3 Likes

Do we really have to use everything?

4 Likes

SG? :eyes:

3 Likes

Just make a pretty thread, Theora. Use as much or as little properties as you want.

Bonus points possible if you appeal to my specific aesthetic taste.

4 Likes

Sounds like I should make another #votelestar thread. :joy:

4 Likes

screeching

4 Likes

Study Guide xD

2 Likes

Ohhh, well, good luck! :dizzy:

2 Likes

Sorry for the double tag but… who wants a rubric for how I’ll grade the final exam?

• pls give rubric
  • don’t give rubric

0 voters

I’ll close it once all 7 students have voted.

5 Likes

Assignment 10 Reflection

Calling all students!

Woo! Assignment 10! You did it! There’s not much more to say at this point but I’ll congratulate you all early on completing the course. Don’t forget about the final exam though. It’s worth a lot of points, and it’s a good chance to show me how much you’ve learned through this coding class experience. :squish:

If you have any questions or concerns, don’t be afraid to reach out to me. If you want to discuss your grade, please reach out privately. I’ll be more than happy to clarify something for you, especially if it helps you reach a deeper understanding with the code. Anywho, hope you all have a good week!

Student Name Grade
flyx E
greeky S
theora E
val S
joy S
nab S
ink E
6 Likes

This last assignment is making me so nervous, Lumi! :see_no_evil: I’ve never made a real thread using coding before… and this is going to take everything I’ve learnt till now, for me to make it. I really really want to pass this final exam, Lumi! :smile:

1 Like

Are we allowed to use as many posts as we want? Or should everything be compressed into just one post, Lumi?

1 Like

Good luck.

2 Likes