Coding 101

Will do, Lumi! :heart:

2 Likes

Thanks! :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

whistles

6 Likes

Oh, oops sorry. I haven’t checked in in a while thanks to school. I think it’s fine either way so I’ll just vote for yes right now.

3 Likes

No worries!

2 Likes

@flyingCouch @greekmyth @Theora @ValKayRee @JJJ000YYY @Nablai @W.L.Ink

As decided by in this poll, I will be sharing the rubric for the final exam:

clicky
  • Mobile Responsiveness (does it look okay on mobile devices?)
    • 5 points
  • Readability (are users able to read it?)
    • 5 points
  • Efficiency (least amount of spans used?)
    • 5 points
  • Creativity (is it visually appealing?)
    • 5 points
  • Bonus Point (did you appeal to my aesthetic?)
    • 1 point extra

Total: 20 points

Wishing you all the best of luck. Don’t forget the final is due at 2020-11-25T04:00:00Z.

4 Likes

Does anyone have any questions?

3 Likes

If the rubric is unclear, I can clarify it more.

3 Likes

By least amount of spans, do you mean like there’s a point where there’s too many spans or like if there’s some spans that are there but end up not contributing to the code?

5 Likes

Let’s take this basic example:

mew

<span style="font-size:; display: block; text-transform: uppercase;"><span style="font-size:; display: block; background-color: red;">mew</span></span>

Notice how I used two when I could’ve used just one? Those types of situations, basically. Use as many spans as you need to, but don’t overcomplicate the design by using too many when you don’t need to use a span for every separate property-value pair.

5 Likes

Ahhh okay okay, that makes sense

3 Likes

“ alexithymia ”(n.) the inability to express your feelingsSometimes, we all have a little bit of trouble with expressing our feelings. I found that quotes help me, they speak for me more than I ever could.
So lets speak quotes.
Share your favourite ones, the quotes that inspire you, the ones that make you think, the ones that make you feel…

Pastebin.

5 Likes

Welcome to the forest.

Here you can come & relax.

Come, come, take a stroll with me through the forest.
Isn’t it so pretty?
What all do you see?
Can you feel the warm sunlight on your face?

Do you feel the slight wind?
Take a breath of fresh air.

Look at all the pretty colors that surround you.
Nemophilist
(n.) One who is fond of forest or forest sensory; a haunter of the woods.
(Greek)

Shinrin-yoku
(n.) A visit to the forest for relaxation - a chance to stroll through nature and take in the atmosphere for one’s well-being; lit. “forest bathing”
(Japanese)

boop

5 Likes

I’ll be around until the 15th if anyone has questions, but after that, I’ll be busy until the 22nd. So… ask your questions soon or you’ll have to wait until I’m back to ask them. Don’t be shy. I’m here to help.

3 Likes

Um, does the last part of my code have two flower gifs? I just noticed one isn’t showing up?

Edited: never mind, the gif doesn’t work anymore T-T

2 Likes

At the very bottom?

1 Like

Yeah, but I just looked on my thread, the gif glitched & doesn’t work anymore.

2 Likes

Oof. If you need to fix your submission, you can delete your old post and then reply again with the updated version and link. As long as the deadline hasn’t passed, you can do this as many times as needed.

2 Likes

Okie dokie!

2 Likes

Replying to this for my own reference:

@JJJ000YYY, @flyingCouch, and @W.L.Ink have submitted by posting + DM’ing.

Edit: @ValKayRee has as well.

4 Likes