Coding 101

Replying to this for my own reference:

@JJJ000YYY, @flyingCouch, and @W.L.Ink have submitted by posting + DM’ing.

Edit: @ValKayRee has as well.

4 Likes

@ValKayRee @Nablai

Four more days left. You two doing okay?

3 Likes

I guess, just started about 2 hours ago or so.
I’ve just been swamped with assignments and exam prep but I have planned out the code. It shouldn’t take long to type up everything so I’m leaving it for the weekend (1 or 2 days from now).

Thanks for checking in though. Worst comes to worst, I can’t do the final but crosses fingers. :blue_heart:

2 Likes

I wish you luck.

2 Likes

Yes, with my laptop gone. I’m still figuring out how to use the app version of everything. I’m really sorry, Lumi. I’ll try and complete the assignment by tomorrow. And if the worst comes to the worst, I’ll fail. But I’ll try my best to complete it.
You’ve been a great friend and amazing teacher, I’m forever grateful to you, Lumi! :heart:
My sister will send me a new one, but there’s no time limit on that. Till then, all I can do is wait…

1 Like

I wish you luck.

1 Like

I’m here if anyone has questions.

4 Likes

Dear Lumi Star :star2:
Thank you so much for taking the initiative to start this class. I’ve loved every moment of it. The friends I’ve made…
It’s been a life-long dream of mine to learn, but as a 45yo, I was so hesitant to ask for fear of made fun of or being judged for being such a noob.
I’m truly grateful to have someone like you to teach me, Lumi :heart: You have been my light in the coding spans, when I got lost in the colons and semi-colons. Gentle at times and sometimes you’d leave me to figure it out by myself. Trusting me to learn better and retain more with the mess up-try again-mess up-try again. I’d like to thank each one of you:
Theora, Greekmyth, ValKayRee, Joy, Flyx, Ink and everyone on this thread who encouraged me to keep going on… Inspite of my mistakes. For believing in me, and just being the best friends ever :heart: Love you, my friends! :sparkling_heart:

Pastebin

3 Likes

It’s the last day!

3 Likes

@flyingCouch @greekmyth @Theora @ValKayRee @JJJ000YYY @Nablai @W.L.Ink

Fortunately, everyone submitted their final exam before the deadline. I will try and grade them all as soon as I can. My goal is to report your final grades to you all on December 1st. I will be doing so via private message, so keep an eye out for that. Other than that, thank you all for participating in my little coding class. I’m so thankful I was able to teach you all and that you stuck around with me this long. Best of luck with your future endeavors. :dizzy:

7 Likes

Thank you for hosting the class~

2 Likes

Thank you for offering the class! I was able to learn a lot!

2 Likes

Thank you for hosting the class!!

2 Likes

Thank you so much!
Also, good luck with grading and don’t rush yourself. :blue_heart:

1 Like

Thank you for hosting this class!! :blush:

2 Likes

Thank you for putting so much time and effort into teaching us. I loved every bit of it! :sunny:

3 Likes

Thanks a lot for hosting this class, Lumi! :heart: Had great fun doing it =]

1 Like

@flyingCouch @greekmyth @Theora @ValKayRee @JJJ000YYY @Nablai @W.L.Ink

Hello, all. This will be the last time I’ll be tagging you for this course. I will be messaging you all individually within the next few hours with both the score of your final exam and your overall grade in the coding class. If you have any further questions, you’re welcome to discuss them with me once I’ve messaged you with how you did. Those of you who went above and beyond will be earning a special certificate, which I hope to deliver to you all sometime this weekend. Even if you didn’t earn a certificate, I congratulate all of you for giving this course a chance and for trying to learn a new skill. Coding can be very hard to pick up and not only did you all try but you learned so much along the way. I hope you’ll take the skills you’ve learned from this course and use it in the future for bigger and better projects. Wishing you all the best. Enjoy the rest of your year. :dizzy:

7 Likes

Everyone should have received a private message from me by now. If not, please let me know.

Anywho, I’ll go ahead and request this thread to be closed. You all know how to find me if needed.

4 Likes