Coding 101

Portal to

Somewhere

Portal to…somewhere else

5 Likes
hello I go by many names. some of them include, g-ane, pan, pandamum, kate, mod, diner owner c.b. kate taylor
Pandamum
6 Likes

hey.

Pastebin

6 Likes

i don’t need you to light up my world.

just sit with me in the dark.

pastebin

5 Likes

Hope this works, Lumi :slight_smile:

The text doesn’t touch the border directly.

Pastebin

4 Likes

Friendly Reminder

@xinmure @lst-my-shp-sil @merinnie @dumplingbabe @W.L.Ink

Unit 5 is due in roughly 4 hours from now for full credit. If you complete it within 24 hours after the deadline, you’re still able to earn partial credit. (Better to submit it late than to not submit it at all…)

6 Likes

ahhh I totally forgot about this >.< I’m at school rn but I’ll try to finish ASAP!

3 Likes

w o r d s

pastebin

3 Likes

I need it to be autumn already. I gotta teach my cat about leaf piles.

kitty leaves

4 Likes

lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
Pastebin

4 Likes

i’m so sorryy! i’ve been busy with school ;;w; may i ask what happens if we drop out? like, will we be able to lurk still?

4 Likes

This thread is posted in a public forum, so of course lurking is still possible. You just won’t be allowed to post questions in this thread or contact me for one on one help as that’s for students only. I also won’t grade assignments submitted by non-students and only students will get a certificate or whatever other prize I end up offering for those who complete the course. At the end of the day, though, you’ll still be able to learn code should you wish to do so. However, all the added perks and bonuses will be student only, which doesn’t affect your ability to learn code. It’s just… supplemental things and extra fun to make the class more enjoyable for all those involved. Edit: Not getting imaginary points in a fake coding class won’t really hurt you either.

5 Likes

Ahh, okay~ understood~ it’s just that with school and all i’m afraid i’m going to be submitting the assignments less often (especially with MAP Growth testing this week + next week and all these projects the teachers keep giving us-). i’m going to think about this a bit (and i also might submit the unit 5 assignment veryyy late since it’s 7:14AM and i should be getting ready for school atm lmfaoo-) ^^

thank youuu and sorryy ;;w;; <3

5 Likes

Leaving the coding class won’t hurt you in any way, so don’t feel bad about dropping. However, if you’re really determined to finish this class, there’s only, like, five more assignments (and a “final exam”) left, so it’s your choice. Also, if you’ve been getting enough E’s on past assignments, getting a late submission won’t hurt your imaginary grade here anyways. So, really… it’s your choice. This is a fake coding class. Real life is more important.

6 Likes

Assignment 5 Reflection

Calling all students!

@flyingCouch @xinmure @lst-my-shp-sil @greekmyth @merinnie @Theora @nyxarra @Forever_D_A @ValKayRee @dumplingbabe @hazelnuttys @panaceia @JJJ000YYY @Nablai @keen @W.L.Ink

My apologies for the late grades this week. I’ve been dealing with some personal issues, which required me to take some time to focus on them. Moving on, though, I appreciate your continued commitment to this course and learning code. It’s been more than a month and you’ve all learned so much in this amount of time. I look forward to seeing what you’ll accomplish by the time we’re all done.

I don’t have much to say about this assignment. As long as you coded something using the padding and margin properties, you got full points (an S). For those that went above and beyond, you earned an E. If you got something other than an S or an E and don’t know why, feel free to reach out to me.

Before I let you go with your grades, there’s an important matter I need to discuss with you. Due to a recent change in the forums, it is no longer possible to tag more than 10 users in a single post at a time. Given that there are more than 10 people in this coding course, I will need to find an alternative to informing you all of new assignments and grade updates such as these. I have a few options and I’d appreciate it if you helped me decide by voting on the one you prefer. I’m open to suggestions as well.

For today’s assignment reflection, I used a trick where I tagged half the class initially and then I broke the tags so I could tag the other half of the class. Through some initial testing with the help of some other users, I discovered that those that were tagged first would keep the notification even if the tag was broken after and those that had their tag edited into an existing post were also notified.

Another option is for us to have our own Discourse group but, as this class is halfway over, I don’t see the use in creating a group that would only be used for about a month or two. Had we been at the start of the course still, I’d be more comfortable moving forward with this option for our class.

Lastly, I can keep tagging as I usually did but only tag the 10 people who need it the most. This means that in our class of currently 15, 5 of you will not be tagged. You may volunteer to be untagged.

Which of the described options works best for you, moving forward in this class?

• break the tags
  • Discourse group
  • tag the 10 that need it the most

0 voters

Please vote on this poll and let me know what you think. I also encourage you to reply with any thoughts you have as I think over what the best course of action is for us moving forward for the coming weeks.

Student Name Grade
flyx E
xin F (removed from class for missing 5 assignments in a row)
lux S
greeky E
mina F (no submission received)
theora E
xérès S
ashen S
val E
jade N
hazel E
g-ane S
joy E
nab S
keen S
ink E
8 Likes

I volunteer as tribute. (I usually check this thread whenever there’s a new reply so it would be fine xD)

4 Likes

I volunteer to not be tagged too since I got this thread on watching

4 Likes

I don’t need to be tagged because I’ll see it anyways and I have this thread of watching too.

3 Likes

I volunteer not to be tagged as I’ve this thread on watching, Lumi :smile:

3 Likes

I don’t need to be tagged too. stalking this thread daily

4 Likes