hkhk

3 Likes

Dang it the box didn’t show up ;-;

4 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Preferred Name: Val
Why do you want to learn coding?
I actually took Computer Science in grade 11 but only learned the basics of languages like VB, Java and Python, which was fun. I love exploring new things so I’ve been researching HTML and CSS(?). Plus, I love aesthetic stuff.
Have you read the rules?
I always do.
Can you commit at least one hour a week to this?
I’m on almost all day so yeh.
Is there anything in particular you wish to learn?
Can I say everything there is to learn?
Anything else I should know? Nope.

4 Likes

@merinnie @flyingCouch @lst-my-shp-sil @xinmure

Please do not chat here, especially, before the class has started. This thread is currently only for people to post their enrollment forms or ask questions about how the class will go. I will set up a thread where you can all chat and code more freely but this isn’t it. Once the class has begun, I expect people to only post assignments and ask questions here to make it easier for those who take the course later and don’t want to skim through hundreds of unrelated comments.

Furthermore, @merinnie please remove that code you shared. I’m trying to teach people how to make their own code and introducing something like that now will only confuse people. Anyone else who has used that code in this thread, I ask that you remove it from your post as well. Thank you.

4 Likes

oh sorry ><

3 Likes

:+1:

Sorry!

3 Likes

I will repeat what I told someone else:

It’s preferable if you’re able to commit to every assignment since they build on top of each other. If you’re too busy, you’re welcome to wait until the entire course is over and then work at your own pace. That being said, do you still want to join now? I ask because I do grade students who are in the class as it’s ongoing.

3 Likes

Just in case it wasn’t clear to anyone:

I will be posting all of the assignments to this thread, so you don’t even have to formally sign up as a student. You could just lurk or wait until all the assignments are up and do them later. Signing up means that you’ll be tagged by me whenever an assignment is up. I will also be grading each of your assignments (and I might give side comments). Failure to submit an assignment on time will result in an automatic F. Three missed assignments in a row and you’ll be removed from the student list. If anyone is scared and wants to be removed, let me know. I promise you will learn a lot from this, though, and I’m not as scary as this post makes me sound. There may even be a special reward for students who survive this, too. I’ll be here if anyone has questions!

7 Likes

No worries!

2 Likes

okay sorry~

3 Likes

Enrollment Form

Preferred Name: Elf

Why do you want to learn coding: uh well I used to do a lot of coding(mostly html as well as java and that kinda stuff but I’m pretty sure this is more of like the look nice coding like html) around 4th and 5th grade but I stopped and kinda forgot it all so I guess I’d just like to relearn some stuff and maybe learn some new stuff as well

Have you read the rules: yep!

Can you commit at least one hour a week to this: Definitely yes although now that I think about it I probably shouldn’t join bc I’m leaving discord and wattpad and all that stuff in 2 weeks but I’ll learn as much as I can for now

Is there anything in particular you wish to learn: uh I really like html but I’m honestly open to anything

Anything else I should know: well like I said earlier it’s probably good that you know that I’m leaving after 2 weeks
also quick question, how long are you planning to have this go for?
and quick question number 2, is the “hour a day” at a specific time or any time of the day?

if you're on light mode you probably couldn't read the post very well so here's the version in normal colours(I just really like that colour so thought I might as well just put it in)

Enrollment Form

Preferred Name: Elf

Why do you want to learn coding: uh well I used to do a lot of coding(mostly html as well as java and that kinda stuff but I’m pretty sure this is more of like the look nice coding like html) around 4th and 5th grade but I stopped and kinda forgot it all so I guess I’d just like to relearn some stuff and maybe learn some new stuff as well

Have you read the rules: yep!

Can you commit at least one hour a week to this: Definitely yes although now that I think about it I probably shouldn’t join bc I’m leaving discord and wattpad and all that stuff in 2 weeks but I’ll learn as much as I can for now

Is there anything in particular you wish to learn: uh I really like html but I’m honestly open to anything

Anything else I should know: well like I said earlier it’s probably good that you know that I’m leaving after 2 weeks
also quick question, how long are you planning to have this go for?
and quick question number 2, is the “hour a day” at a specific time or any time of the day?

4 Likes

If you’re planning to leave in 2 weeks, it’s probably not a good idea for you to join. When I ran this on the old forums, I had 8 assignments (students were given a week each to do them) and a final exam with 3 weeks to do it. That would make it 11 weeks total if I run it the exact same way this time.

There is no specific time of day for the “hour a day” thing. The way I run the course is, I write the assignment and everything you need to do it is contained in the assignment. I just make the assignments short enough to accommodate for busy schedules because this is not some formal university class. We’re all on a writing forum. I get that. I also welcome and encourage people to ask me questions about it, too. Then when the deadline arrives, I set aside some time to grade each submission and then I inform people on how they did and give comments if I have any.

2 Likes

okay then I guess I’ll head out

3 Likes

Preferred Name: jade or Jadelyn, but anythings fine, really!

Why do you want to learn coding? to glow up my threads and bc it seems super fun!

Have you read the rules? yup!

Can you commit at least one hour a week to this? mhm!

Is there anything in particular you wish to learn? borders, positioning text/images, just anything and everything, really!

Anything else I should know? nope, I don’t think so ^^

4 Likes

No worries, best of luck with everything!

3 Likes

thanks
I might still stop by and check out the assignments bc I still wanna learn what I can but yeah I need to focus on school once it starts and I won’t really have time for other stuff

3 Likes

Preferred Name: hazel

Why do you want to learn coding? i’m really interested in it and i want to make my thread look pretty!

Have you read the rules? yep

Can you commit at least one hour a week to this? yes

Is there anything in particular you wish to learn? i really want to know how to put text on images and those boxes!

Anything else I should know? nope, nothing for now :3

4 Likes

Preferred Name: G-ane or Kate

Why do you want to learn coding? Because I wanna remember why I loved it sm years ago

Have you read the rules? Yes!

Can you commit at least one hour a week to this? ofc I can, I’m always here :wink:

Is there anything in particular you wish to learn? erm~everything in that beautiful head of yours :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Anything else I should know? You’re the best-est

3 Likes