Coding 101

And when I’ve got about 15 submissions to grade, efficiency does help a lot with making life easier. :sparkles:

3 Likes

Keeps on saying there’s a problem with my code so the captcha comes up and it still hasn’t me through!!! :sob:

3 Likes
An Introduction To

:open_umbrella: The Umbrella Academy :open_umbrella:

CHARACTERS

Only Includes the Hargreeves Siblings.

Table of Contents

--

Number 1 (Luther)

Number 2 (Diego)

Number 3 (Allison)

Number 4 (Klaus).

Number 5 (Five)

Number 6 (Ben)

Number 7 (Vanya)~

Number 1 (Luther)

![](upload://laHBuCoQwuVVeaLmMHnyHqCw6nu.jpeg)

Tom Hopper plays the role of Luther Hargreeves in TUA.

more info here

What's His Nationality?

Luther is a Caucasian (American Caucasian) in TUA. Tom Hopper is British Caucasian though.

What's Luther's Super Power?

His powers are super strength. He was already really strong, but something went wrong during a mission. He was injected with some “ape serum” that turned his body very muscular and ape-like. His appetite also grew :rofl:

Anything Else?

You can find out more about Luther here.

Back to Table of Contents

Number 2 (Diego)

![](upload://zKbxaSrnvFXJTASPmS3mOvtbzMh.jpeg)

David Casteñada plays the role of Diego in TUA.

more info here

What's His Nationality?

Both Diego and David are Mexican (not 100% sure with Diego, I just know that Diego’s Hispanic).

What's Diego's Super Power?

In the comic, Diego supposedly can hold his breathe for a long time as well as basically bend/move the air allowing him to throw knives whichever way, but then having it end up another way. In the Netlix Adaption, we’ve only seen him bend/move air another way so that he can throw knives wherever (or bullets too, or just anything that gets thrown I suppose).

Anything Else?

You can find out more about Diego here

Number 3 (Allison)

![](upload://4n9jQVwWB1ED1ORPQdSIzL9NdnX.jpeg)

The person who plays the roll of Allison is Emmy Raver-Lampman.

more info here

What's Her Nationality?

Allison is apparently French, however Emmy is American.

What's Allison's Super Power?

Allison has the ability to basically convince anyone to do or say anything simply by saying “I heard a rumor…” then the action she wants them to do.

Anything Else?

You can find out more about Allison here

Number 4 (Klaus)

![](upload://kRVsPGtNBBPfPLoLHxNJdi88A8K.jpeg)

Klaus is played by actor Robert Sheehan.

more info here

What's His Nationality?

Klaus is a German, whilst Robert is Irish.

What's Klaus's Super Power?

Klaus has the ability to control and talk to the dead.

Anything Else?

You can find out more about Klaus here

Number 5 (Five)

![](upload://pX7vUtvbH8yuZX60rqlTgq6lOB9.jpeg)

Aidan Gallagher plays as Five.

more info here

What's His Nationality?

I’ve seen some talk that Five is either British or American. Aidan is American.

What's Five's Super Power?

Five has the ability to time travel (although he messes up quite a bit). Usually he just uses it to teleport from one place to another though.

Anything Else?

You can find out more about Five here

Number 6 (Ben)

![](upload://rwacQfS4VKhYVrqncn7i51OTP3c.jpeg)

Ben is played by actor Justin H. Min

more info here

What's His Nationality?

Ben is either Japanese, Korean or Chinese (none of their nationalities were ever specified so this is going off by name + looks of actors and/or the comic characters). Justin however is American (ethnically he is Korean).

What's Ben's Super Power?

Ben’s kinda just spurts a bunch of squid/octopus-like arms from his stomach. But since he’s dead, he can only interact with people if Klaus like, summons him (to be able to interact with objects. Otherwise Ben’s just chilling next to Klaus being annoyed at Klaus and everyone’s stupidity).

Anything Else?

You can find more info about Ben here

Number 7 (Vanya)

![](upload://tyIwh7ncXKA7bJP6VtKzgMyHihO.jpeg)

The actress who plays as Vanya is Ellen Page.

more info here

What's Her Nationality?

Vanya has been deemed Russian (due to the name, the speaking in Russian, and looks). Ellen is Canadian however.

What's Vanya's Super Power?

Vanya can manipulate sound waves, allowing her to create very loud noises and the ability of telekinesis.

Anything Else?

You can find out more about Vanya here

Thank you for reading! Want to know more characters? Feel free to tell me~!

^-^

pastebin link here uwu

i hope it works again~

5 Likes

Show me a screenshot of the error? That’s never happened to me before and I’ve used it a ton.

2 Likes
table of contents

curiosity
killed the cat
and
satisfaction
brought it back
pastebin

curiosity

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

killed the cat

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

and

satisfaction

brought it back

pastebin

:bread:

3 Likes

Where’s your Pastebin link?

1 Like

working on it

2 Likes

@astrophile

why is it that when i clicked on @.SpinAroundWords anchors it leads to this post

and when i click on @.flyingCouch 's anchors it leads to some of my anchors-

is it just me glitching…? okay now @.flyingCouch 's anchors just aren’t working for me- nvm they’re working again but still leading to my anchors- is that even possible-

hELLPP

2 Likes

So, for Spin’s, the code looks like it’s using the wrong post numbers and… I can’t even get Couch’s anchors to work for me. I’ll have to check again when I’m on my laptop later.

3 Likes

okie dokie~ i’ll be off to bed then as i wait uwu

3 Likes

fixed it and got the link

3 Likes

Great!

2 Likes

i think it might’ve be because we were using the same anchors but i’m not sure.

2 Likes

ahhhhhhh gotchhaa~

(i couldn’t sleep that’s why im back LMFAO)

2 Likes
Anchors -

Table of Contents

1. Information About Archive of Our Own
2. Information About Tapas
3. Information About Wattpad

Information About Archive of Our Own

Logo + Icon(s)

General Information

Type of site: Fanfiction
Founded: September 2008 (11 years)
Owner: Organization for Transformative Works
URL: Archive of Our Own
Commercial: No
Users: 2,235,000
Launched: November 15, 2009 (Open beta)
Written in: Ruby

Information About Tapas

Logo + Icon(s)

App Icon

General Information

Type of site: Webcomic platform
Available in: English
Owner: Tapas Media
Created by: Chang Kim
URL: Tapas
Commercial: Yes
Launched: September 2012
Current status: Active

Information About Wattpad

Logo + Icon(s)

Old Wattpad Logo (2016-2018)

Current Wattpad Logo

General Information

Type of business: Private
Type of site: Reading app, social networking service
Available in: English, other 49 available languages. (actual count of: 32 languages)
Headquarters: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Area served: Worldwide
Owner: Wattpad Corp
Founder(s): Allen Lau, Ivan Yuen
Employees: 145
URL: Wattpad
Users: 80 Million (2019)
Launched: December 2006 (13 years)
Current status: Active

Pastebinnnn

4 Likes

Assignment 1 Reflection

Calling all students!

@flyingCouch @xinmure @lst-my-shp-sil @greekmyth @merinnie @Theora @deathinreverie @Forever_D_A @ValKayRee @dumplingbabe @hazelnuttys @panaceia @Beth-Pebble @floreswrites @Nablai @keen

Give yourselves a pat on the back for making it through the first assignment. Hopefully, this gave you a good idea of how the course will be structured and what to expect moving forward. At the conclusion of every assignment, I’ll make a post like this to run through some common errors I saw in people’s submissions and to also assign grades based on how you did. But before I assign the grades, we should probably go over what each one means since it’s not a typical grading scheme (yes, I made up a grading scheme for this fake ass coding class):

E - exceptional
S - satisfactory
N - needs improvement
L - late submission (up to 1 day)
F - failure to submit

At the end of the course, I’ll convert each letter grade for points in order to calculate out a final percentage. I might even give out a special prize for those who get above a certain percentage. I haven’t decided on that part yet but we’ll see. It’s nothing you need to worry about, and if you ever feel like you’re struggling with the material, I encourage you to reach out to me. I’m here to help you learn.

For the most part, everyone did a great job with following the instructions. The most common error was code mixing. In the instructions, I clearly asked you to modify each sentence with a different type of code. I noticed a few submissions where that was not the case and graded accordingly. Some people went above and beyond what I expected, which is why I handed out some E’s as well.

If you have any questions or concerns, don’t be afraid to reach out to me. If you want to discuss your grade, please reach out privately. I’ll be more than happy to clarify something for you, especially if it helps you reach a deeper understanding with the code. Anywho, hope you all have a good week!

Student Name Grade
flyx N
xin F (no submission received)
lux E
greeky F (not a direct reply)
mina E
theora E
xérès N
ashen E
val S
jade E
hazel N
g-ane E
beth F (not a direct reply)
bella N
joy S
nab E
keen S
11 Likes

Oh shoot, the latest assignment I handed in was not a direct reply. May I resubmit? >.<

2 Likes

Sorry but no. However, you’ll be able to get extra points if you earn an E on any future assignments.

2 Likes

Ah, okay. Thanks.

2 Likes

can you give us like a rubric so we know what we should do?

2 Likes