Come meet Shree! Ask her anything you want :)

Since my other ask-character feels done, I’m here with another underdeveloped character. I’m editing her scenes now and I need to find her voice a little more. She lives in an alternative Earth 1850s, so she won’t know anything about computers.

Name: Abhishree “Shree” Meghani

Age: 15 (at the time of the story, she recently turned 15)
Nationality: Indian-Hispanic
Religion: Her mom is Muslim, but Shree is not sure about herself.
Hobbies: Reading and journaling (but I don’t think she’s an introvert), gossiping.

Update: I realized she loves talking about romance and drama. She firmly believes in finding true love and getting married.

For your questions, keep in mind, she is a fifteen-year-old girl. I want to see how she would make new friends or meet new people. You might start by introducing yourself :blush:

4 Likes

What do kids these days do for fun?

2 Likes

Hi Shree! Where do you live?

2 Likes

“Most girls like to sew and shop. They paint or go to visit each other for tea, or read books. I like the ones about adventures. My favorites are the ones with ships in them or when girls like me go to other countries. Have you ever met a pirate before? I would love to meet one some day. I’d ask them to let me steer their ship.”

1 Like

“Hi!” gives you a big wave and a big smile “Well, I’m from Parajan, but my heart belongs everywhere. I’ve been everywhere. I’ve lived in Lwendolen for a bit, visited Sensland, and I dream of Iptaj. Where are you from? I know all about that other Earth for the sake of the conversation here.”

((Parajan is inspired by India, Lwendolen is inspired by England, Sensland is inspired by Spain, and Iptaj is inspired by Egypt))

2 Likes

(With a name like that, it reminds me more of Wales)

1 Like

(which one?)

1 Like

(Llyewen)

1 Like

(Ah yes, that is similar. Lwendolen comes from “London” actually :stuck_out_tongue: )

1 Like

How did her parents meet?

2 Likes

She is 15 in an era where they got married much younger than that. Does her father bring up why he’s avoiding marrying her off, often?

2 Likes

“My parents met in a foreign country and lived in a giant, sparkling mansion. She was young and beautiful, but she was a poor girl and didn’t know who her parents were,” gets dramatic wistful eyes “he was young and handsome and very rich. He swept her off her feet! Love at first sight! How romantic! But Mummy tells me everything went bad after that because money got in the way. I don’t think he’s a bad person though.”

2 Likes

“Well, that is so. That is so. I know girls in my neighborhood already married off to richer families. But they have fathers. My father left Mummy and I and then Mummy took me to live in her home country Parajan. She said he’s no good and doesn’t deserve to see me. Papy did come visit when I was little to give us money and to see me. But then his company went bankrupt and then he had to go to jail. I heard he did some awful things, but I think it’s all a big mistake. He always used to teach me about the world and tell me to keep my head high. Mummy says he puts ideas in my head like” lowers her voice to copy her father “‘You can love whoever you want, princess. You can marry the one you love.’”

“Mummy says love between a man and a woman doesn’t really exist. It’s all about social status and money and that’s what happened to the other girls. That’s why they got married. But I know Papy loves Mummy and Mummy loves Papy. It wasn’t about the money. She can say what she wants. She’s just stubborn. I believe in love. And I’m going to find it. If Papy says I can, then I can.”

(Sorry about that. I think this is Shree’s favorite topic XD I also realized that maybe she likes gossip.)

1 Like

A doting make backing you up during that time period allows far more freedoms for a younger woman. But older wen did gain power under the right set of circumstances, especially in stable nations that were superpowers.

So, the question is: are you only looking for love or are you going to build your own little empire to protect yourself as well, with the support you’re getting?

2 Likes

“My empire?” cocks her head, confused and unsure about your question “Uhm…I don’t really understand what you’re talking about.” nervous laugh “I’m not a real princess, shielded from the world. I’ve seen a dead body before and I’m not scared of blood. Some girls would scream when they see blood. And Mummy doesn’t support me looking for love. Papy’s in jail, so he can’t do anything from there. I’m all on my own and before you say anything, I can manage.” she crosses her arms, being a little defensive

2 Likes

Are you really 15 or a bit younger?

2 Likes

What’s your goal in life, and what’s your greatest fear? I feel like I’m repeating myself somehow. ¯\_(ﭢ)_/¯

2 Likes

“I turned fifteen exactly one day ago.”

(one day ago, assuming no time has gone by.)

2 Likes

“I want to fall in love and get married. But I want to travel the world, too. Can I have both at the same time?”

“Greatest fear? Probably that after all this trying to find love, no one would want me. Why do I have to be afraid about this? I know what I want so I shouldn’t be afraid. I only need to try hard to get there. But it keeps coming back and I wish love would hurry up and find me so I don’t drown in this. Sometimes, well, I do feel like I’m drowning. Especially when I haven’t gotten a letter from Papy yet or Mummy is angry with me. Or both. Is it right to feel like this?”

2 Likes

You sound like the leading lady in a musical. Do you like the theater?

2 Likes