Controversial Topic - Pirating Work

That’s an issue.

Honestly, when Covid happened and people started getting more into streaming entertainment because of the whole social distancing thing, I get it how exciting it was. Because things got real difficult when COVID happened and even after people are still struggling.

Hell, there are people who can’t even afford Netflix, Hulu, and other things of that nature because of the lack of proper funds.

Life isn’t glamorous and people have it rougher than most. It’s upsetting that people can’t enjoy the same things because of money problems and how out of reach it is for them.

Does it still make it okay for them to steal? No, it doesn’t.
You can try using that logic for someone who is poverty-stricken or close to it. They don’t want to hear it.

Thanks a bunches!

1 Like

Yep. Especially with the internet. “I can do it so I will”. All us Wattpad people have had our works stolen more often than not and there’s nothing that can be done about it.

Really, the only good thing is that a lot of people who actually release the stuff without our permission are idiots and leave all our warnings and copyrights on our works :joy:

1 Like

Yeah, what you said here is fair. Again, I think there’s so many nuances there’s not really a one fit for all. Again, of course there’s morals and laws and feelings, but I feel there will always be a spot that someone isn’t thinking about that could be the exception.

1 Like

Oh gosh, I remember the dark days lol. Yeah, that’s why so many people started putting in those THIS DOES NOT BELONG HERE, CONTACT ME PLEASE messages on their writing XD.

1 Like

True.
It just sucks like crazy sometimes.

1 Like

I put my logo on every image I put on my website just in case this happens

1 Like

Fair. I hope the world can get itself together soon. :sob:

1 Like

muhaha :face_in_clouds:

exactly, it’s a great place to have your book and it greatly increases both visibility to those who can afford to go out and buy books, and accessibility to those who can’t.

although that being said… not every community has a public library. so, piracy :pirate_flag:

2 Likes

Like a watermark? I’ve heard some people crop of edit those out, which is wild to me!

1 Like

This line shouldn’t have made me chuckle, but I read it in a pirate’s accent XD. That’s a bigger convo though, like which communities don’t have access to these resources and ultimately knowledge? And then why not - conspiracy has entered the chat!

2 Likes

Yeah…same here.

This leaves me wondering about the people who steal food just to feed themselves and their family because they don’t have a steady income to put food on the table and keep food in their homes.

Like are they less deserving of a decent meal because they stole it instead of paying with it like other people? It’s because some people say stuff like “they stole because they had no choice” or others will say “they had a choice which was not to steal and think of some other way”.

They wouldn’t have to steal if they weren’t in the situation they were in and had better options then what is presented to them.

Sometimes, I wonder about the human race and where it’s going.

1 Like

I’m going to bring this back around a minute. So, the argument for food could be go to a food bank or shelter or soup kitchen for those resources, right? For books, the answer could be go to your local library, cafe, etc. and use their resources (books, computers, wifi, and so on) to get the info you need/want. Now, go back to my comment right above this one about access being an issue in some places. Just because there are sometimes options that doesn’t mean that those options are open to everyone. It’s sticky.

1 Like

SandyPowerlessGenet-max-1mb

203229ff31dbbf86e9896bd4e2dbe508

tbh there are communities in my province that don’t have a public library simply because they’re not big enough to support one.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s not foolproof but it’s better than nothing

1 Like

Size, manpower, so many things. I was reading something about the nursing shortage a little less than a month ago and people were saying that the hospital’s nurses were having to travel like an hour one way to get to work on public transportation because the local community wasn’t well-off to where a lot of people had cars. And then some people were calling those same nurses lazy and unwilling to work because they eventually had to quit their jobs because they couldn’t pay for the public transport anymore… And this was after they only had to start using the public transport because the much closer hospital got shut down due to money issues. My point is, it’s not always solely the fault of one person that they are dealing with a hard time, it’s usually a combo of a few things (usually outside of one’s control).

3 Likes

Hey, do what you need to do. :wink:

1 Like

Yeah…you’re right it is sticky.
Not everyone live in places where things like that are obtainable. Not only that some of those options aren’t as great as other either or accepting towards people who don’t have it like that.

Food wise, those locations don’t even hand out great food, depending where you live.

Being human is challenging sometimes.

1 Like

we live in a difficult world :melting_face:

2 Likes

I just wish things like piracy were the worst of the issues we’d come across. Honestly, I wouldn’t mind living in a world where that was the worst problem we face.

3 Likes

Understandable and I get that wholeheartedly.
Now, I’m tired from thinking about how rough it is for the ones who aren’t rich or have a decent amount of money. :face_exhaling:

2 Likes