cosmic critiques | hiatus

Salutations.

I go by the name of Wren, and I’m here to help you with your stories. It’s been a while since I offered critiquing services, so I’m a bit out of practice. I’m hoping to refresh my skills and also get back into the world of writing.

My critiquing style is very blunt. If I notice an issue in your story, I will point it out and I will do my best to give you a suggestion on how to fix it. My critiques are my opinions and you are not obligated to follow what I say.

Please be sure to read and understand all of my rules before you request. The rules are purposely written to streamline the process for both me and you. Now, without further ado, let’s get started, shall we? :mew:

8 Likes

Rules

1. Your chapters must be on google docs for my own convenience.
  2. If your story relies on me knowing outside information, I will not read it.
    a) i.e. most fanfiction, some werewolf novels, etc. etc.
  3. I don’t review non-fiction or poetry either, mainly because I don’t know how.
  4. You may re-request so long as significant changes have been made since last time.
  5. For my own peace of mind, I will only be accepting three requests at a time.
  6. You may PM your chapter links if you don’t want other people to click on them.
  7. Have any questions? Just ask.
5 Likes

Packages

Package A: The Sampling

Price: Free

Includes: A thorough look at your first chapter and only your first chapter.

Package B: Pitch Practice

Price: Free

Includes: A one on one private conversation all about how to improve your story’s pitch.

Background Info: A book pitch (or book proposal) captures what your book is about and why people should be interested in reading it. For example, Wattpad asks for one when you apply to join their Wattpad Stars program. It’s good practice to have one written and ready for a book you wish to take further.

More packages will be revealed later.

5 Likes

Form

Book Title:
Genre:
Package:
Google Document Link: (if link sent via PM, please specify that here)
Word Count:
Anything else?

5 Likes

Queue [2/3]

User Post # Package Status
ToriHope 62 A pending
charlottemallory 67 A pending
3 Likes

Extra

[just in case]

3 Likes

Is dropbox okay? That’s where my story lives off of Wattpad.

1 Like

Sorry but I’m only accepting google docs.

Book Title: The Guardian Series: Jacob
Genre: paranormal
Package: The Sampling
Google Document Link: sent via pm
Word Count: 2385
Anything else? This is the first chapter of a short story.

1 Like

Accepted. I’ll add you to the queue.

1 Like

Book Title: Speed Demon
Genre: Chicklit / Romance
Package: A, The Sampling
Google Document Link: I’ll send it through PM :relaxed:
Word Count: 1,447
Anything else? I need some blunt opinions on this. I’ve never written Romance before and I just need some tough love/blunt thoughts. Thank you for offering this service :gift_heart:

1 Like

I should clarify that I’m asexual and aromantic.

Are you still okay with me looking it over?

1 Like

That’s totally okay! If you don’t want to look into the romance part, then I’d just like to know whether it’s interesting or not :blush:

Edit: Do what you’re completely comfortable with doing :gift_heart:

1 Like

Ah, I’m cool with reading romance. I just want you to understand that I might not be as helpful as someone who is not ace/aro.

Anywho, I’ll accept your request and add you to the queue!

2 Likes

Book Title: Meeting Yuu Ko
Genre: Paranormal short story
Package: A
Google Document Link: Sending it via PM
Word Count: 510
Anything else? The entire story is 510 words

1 Like

Accepted. I’ll add you to the queue.

1 Like

My laptop is fully charged now, so I’ll be starting on the critiques soon.

2 Likes

@rhythmchyc I’m all done with your request. I hope my comments help you!

Yes they did. Thank you so much.

1 Like

Book Title: The Stains Beneath Our Skin
Genre: Romance
Package: A, The Sampling
Google Document Link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EqiS1cMB-9ivQrJLpx6SNn_f7_VYAH761J_AH11xRWE/edit?usp=sharing
Word Count: my ‘first chapter’ is two wattpad chapters which read better as one. Total word count is 4660, but first wattpad chapter is 2870. I added a break to indicate where this ends if the word count for the entirety is too much.
Anything else?: Mature, some implied sexual content but nothing explicit (and it’s a plot point, i swear). I know I’m a bit wordy so I’d love to hear anything that you don’t feel adds to the story, especially in the first half. I’ve done a recent rewrite I haven’t had feedback on yet.

1 Like