Cover Advice

Hi!
I love this cover, but I’m wondering if it feels a little bit “thriller”. My story is a YA story that deals with grieving. Do you guys think the cover is appropriate for the genre?

4 Likes

First off, this is a stunning cover! :heart_eyes:

I think it fits perfectly! The colours, the font and the image works together wonderfully to give that grief/sombre tone yet with a hint of mystery. but opinions are subjective so there’s that xD

4 Likes

Thanks! :blue_heart:

2 Likes

My pleasure! :smiley:

3 Likes

It does have a thriller vibe… But I think that’s because the font is sans serif. You can try it with a serif or a combination…

3 Likes

Thanks! I’ll try that!

2 Likes

Agreed! The font with that gradient looks a bit murderous :joy:.

I’d try switching up the title font, maybe something a bit softer or cursive-like. Other than that, I love the simplicity and the color scheme :+1:t3:

3 Likes

Personally, I think it’s a very aesthetic cover, but falls more into the thriller/paranormal vampire romance category

2 Likes

A cursive font might help soften it?

4 Likes

Wow, thank you for these. They look gorgeous!

2 Likes

Yeah, XD. I thought so. Thank you!

2 Likes

Np! If you use one, let me know : )

2 Likes

uh, idk if this is late but yeah. the cover is amazing, however it screams much more thriller rather than YA. so I agree with what lib said about the font. I really like the color scheme tho, cuz that really helps give a darker vibe. I’m not sure if having a brighter don’t would clash with that though. I think it really depends on your target audience. if you want a younger audience i think it would be more likely that they’d pick up a book with bolder colors.

3 Likes