Cover Feedback

Which cover do you think is better? Please bare in mind I’m awful at Photoshop, but I did whatever I could.

Or…

Here’s the sequel cover, which I fear may be too similar to the first one.

2 Likes

Personally, I think the first one, but with the second one’s font.
If it’s a sequel, as a reader, I would always expect the covers to be similar, so with the same fonts for example. It’s just a subtle way of tying them together if you know what I mean.
I think the first picture and the sequel picture work well as a series of covers.

4 Likes

Thank you. I appreciate your feedback. I thought of switching the fonts last second, but I agree the one on the second cover is easier to read.

@MiniMoxx Here is the edit with the second font. I didn’t make the title bigger because I didn’t want it to cover the hands reaching out. By the way, are the hands at least somewhat visible.

2 Likes

They definitely look like a series now! Much prefer it with the newer font! <3

2 Likes

Thank you. I was considering blurring the cover a little bit to give it a paranormal feel because there are paranormal aspects to it though it is mainly a mystery and a hint of romance. I could play around with it and figure out how blurry is too blurry.

I was thinking something like this:

1 Like

I think the hands might be a little too dark in this one, but idk how important they are in the final product if you know what I mean.
But I like the blurriness overall. I think maybe a tiny adjustment?

1 Like

I like the first one the best. It’s mysterious, doesn’t have too much text on the front, and the plural of girls adds a long mystery that haunts a place rather than one single missing girl. Those are my personal thoughts :slight_smile:

1 Like

This one is great, but could you make the font glow a little less? Or not at all like the cover for book 2?

1 Like

I see what you’re saying. The only reason I added that is someone told me the words, even though they were large were not sticking out and were slightly hard to read.

1 Like

Hm… I’d still like to see it without the glow, if that’s not too much of a hassle

1 Like