πŸ¦‡ π–Šπ–›π–Šπ–—π–žπ–™π–π–Žπ–“π–Œ π–Œπ–”π–™π–π–Žπ–ˆ ⚰️ - discussion / ama

hi i’m cherry and i’m a tradgoth / mall goth
i’m kinda new to the subculture (about six, seven months) ? and this is a general thread to talk about anything goth related

2 Likes

bump.

1 Like

How do you define goth music?

2 Likes

so goth was an offshoot of 70s/80s punk so it was influenced by the punk style of music

like bauhaus, the cure, etc
also siouxie and the banshees

2 Likes

Ah, where does Metal fit in here?

1 Like

Hii Cherry! :blush:

I’m Alicia, also sort of Goth. I wouldn’t really say I’m new as I’ve sort of been a part of the Goth community for a few years, maybe a good portion of my older teen and adult life. But honestly, I am new as I don’t really know where I belong within the subculture and still learning what types of Goth music I’m into.

I’m a dark soul by nature, and my favorite color is blackβ€”always been this way. I’ve loved Gothic clothing (specifically Victorian style, but I do love other types) and watch It’s Black Friday religiously. I do watch Aurelio Voltaire on occasion, but I mostly love his Gothic Homemaking stuff. Spooky season is my favorite, and spooky decor everything. I have an odd love for cemeteries, too.

The only thing I have trouble with is Goth music. There are some songs I love from specific Goth artists, but it’s not entirely my cup of tea. I’m still in search of music, of course. But a lot of songs just don’t hit it for me, you know? The closest I can get is rock and some alternative music, but that usually comes from my punk/emo side.

Because of this small hiccup, I can’t say I’m full Goth. I usually just think of myself as part Goth, mostly because I’m interested in other things since I like a variety.

3 Likes

I gave up on Goth music, I’m more interested in metal these days. There is SOME overlap, but not a lot.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’ve heard that many listen to metal. I’m also not a big fan. :sweat_smile: I think it’s the screaming and harsh voice that you can barely hear what they’re saying that gets me. Love the instrumental, but lyrics and vocals… not so much. :grimacing:

3 Likes

mall goth!

1 Like

Means that you should listen to Power and Symphonic Metal then.

2 Likes

I thought Mall Goth metal would be more Marilyn Manson and less King Diamond.

1 Like

well it’s a lot of nu metal! mall goths loved marilyn manson (and i do admit i did love him too in my baby alt days in sixth grade)

2 Likes

There are a lot of horror-themed metal bands that would fit in with other subtypes.

1 Like

I did just watch Corpse Bride, which was really good

3 Likes

I love Corpse Bride!

My other favorite which a good family movie is Hotel Transylvania, though I mostly go for the first two. The third movie is meh and that last one sucked. But the first two are awesome!

3 Likes

It reminds me of how many sequels Ice Age got for no apparent reason

2 Likes

I technically fall into line with gothcore most of the time and sometimes southern goth but I’ll wear anything if I like it. So, basically I have an eclectic taste but gravitate towards goth.

I guess the easiest way to describe it is by saying that my dream home would be nearly completely gothic minus a few rooms that would have a different aesthetic at the forefront but would still have gothic things in the rooms.

Although, I will say the only reason I fit more in line with gothcore is because the Victorian and romantic goth fashion isn’t the easiest to find for cheap.

3 Likes

I must ask you one simple question.

Is Powerwolf Goth?

2 Likes

They’re not on der list… (βŠ™.βŠ™(-̢●̃ₒ●̢̃)βŠ™.βŠ™)

3 Likes

I guess not then.

2 Likes