Does anyone dislike when this happens, music wise?

When a musician you like that has a few really good songs suddenly disappears never to be heard from again?

If that musician made a one hit wonder, that is fine too. I am mainly talking about musicians who made a few good songs then disappears from the face of the earth.

Did life really get in the way of them singing? Did they not want to sing anymore? I am always curious as to what happened to that musician and wondering if they somewhere living a decent life doing something else.

I also wonder if maybe it is because of the times and how people’s tastes in music changed.

I mean it is upsetting and I do find other artists to listen to, but that thought seems to cross my mind sometimes.

Like “what happened to these guys or this person? Their music is so good.” I don’t care how old or bad others think of song. It’s great to me and reminds me of the old days.

What do you think?

4 Likes

I know exactly what you’re speaking of.

2 Likes

Really? Who?

1 Like

I have had similar expierences finding obsure eps on spotify, made by people who don’t even have a wikipedia page.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s really bad how one hit wonders and few hit wonders barely exist.

1 Like

Anyone else???

1 Like

Not sure if this quite counts, cause I’m never sure if they actually disappear or not.
It’s an indie band that only has a few songs, and every time they upload something they immediately go dark again and I’m never sure if they’re coming back.
Great music though.

2 Likes

That has to suck.
I bet you are always on the edge of your seat wondering when the hell they’re coming back with some good hits.

It really sucks when a band (not sure if it happened to them or not) breaks up after making some great hits. And it almost ALWAYS that one person in the band that is doing great while the rest are almost or completely non-existent.

What is up with that? LOL!

To my knowledge, most bands get put together just for the fun of it, but there’s usually only 1 or 2 who want to go all the way. So when the group finally makes it big, most in the band realize that’s not the life they wanted, and it stops being fun.
It sucks, but honestly I’m glad when a band breaks up for that reason, as opposed to splitting cause they hate each other.

2 Likes

True and that makes sense.
It’s just a punch to the gut that eventually will heal over time.

Still, hurt a bit though. LOL!

Exactly

What was the band that brought this topic to your attention anyway?

1 Like

It was actually a random thought.
I think about the most random things…seriously. LOL!

My Spotify is filled with some people who made a bunch of songs, but no longer make music anymore for some reason. Some I can actually see why they stopped making music because they are deceased or can’t make music with the changing times or something like that.

Then there are some who made one or two songs then vanishes from planet earth without a word. Making me wonder “well did they die or quit the music business.”

DON’T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON ACTORS! MY GOD!

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izQB2-Kmiic
As far as I know, these guys made this and one other song, then disappeared

I’m also not a historian, so

1 Like

That is either very late 60s early to mid 70s or something along those line…
LOL!

1 Like

I think it was in 69, so just right smack in the middle lol

1 Like

Oh, cool, I was a bit right! LOL!

1 Like

Haha! It was a vibrant time
Everyone was high on something, but man the things they made

1 Like

Yeah, exactly! LOL!

1 Like

I know what you mean. Liz is one of my favorite artists, although she never really arrived to become a household name or anything, but she was on the rise. I picture her touring with Katy Perry maybe or any number of big name pop women, but her last upload was two years ago and then she just disappeared. I have no idea whatever happened to her. Her Wikipedia page doesn’t say she died or anything, so, like, what’s she doing now? ¯\_(ﭢ)_/¯

1 Like

Yeah, that is really irksome.
If you want to decide leaving the music industry that is fine, but let the fans know a little bit that you are quitting or something.

I get a bit curious as to their whereabout and start thinking about what it would be like to hear them sing again just once.

I mean fans do move on to the next big thing or something, but we never truly forget.

1 Like