Does anyone dislike when this happens, music wise?

I think I get it, honestly. If that’s all they wanted to do, then that’s their choice. They didn’t have to share their art in the first place, the fact they chose to at all really makes it feel more special.

I think I get what you mean, though. It’s tough when you connect with someone and the way they translate art and then they disappear.

But, personally, it’s not a big deal. Sometimes people move on. Sometimes they do something to prove to themselves they can. Letting go can be healing as can moving forward. Perhaps music wasn’t ever meant to be a life-long passion of theres.

Who knows. Usually the ones who are driven to create no matter what come back in one form or another. It’s just a waiting game to see who will.

2 Likes

YESSS. A million times YES.

I’ve actually listened some songs recently that are “oldies” (by quotation marks, I mean like 90s or 2000s music lol) that I really liked, but realized I hadn’t heard other songs from them so I go to look for other albums only to find out they hadn’t made an album in over ten years and then I’m like, “Why?” and then do a complete FBI search on this band or artist and find out they stopped doing music forever ago… It’s so disappointing and sad.

This happened with SheDaisy, a country band. They were really popular in the 90s and early 2000s, but after 2011 with their fifth and last album, they completely vanished. According to Google, however, they’ve been updating their Facebook page currently and are just focusing on their personal lives (families, etc.) after a successful career. :woman_shrugging:

Hilary Duff was another one. Though, she hasn’t vanished, she just stopped making music. She’s just focusing on her acting career, I guess. The last song she made was Little Lies which was featured in a show she’s in called Younger. I miss her music, though lol.

2 Likes

It’s like a hard punch to the gut when your favorite bands and/or musician just randomly stops making music and you’ll probably never know why.

2 Likes

Yeah, some. Musicians that produced a few good songs and posted them on YouTube, but then they stopped posting songs. It’s been years. There were some singers in movies that I really liked, but they never pursued a singing career. And there were some from movies or other that did continue on as musicians or singers, but not in the way I thought, so I left them :sweat_smile:

Or maybe they had a little Got Talent or X Factor fame for the first six months after coming in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place on the show, but then they just kind of disappeared.

1 Like

Oh my god. I can see what you mean.
LOL!

1 Like

It’s kind of sad, actually. And some start making different music than what they were known for on the show and not being themselves. I don’t know what kind of deal they have in their contracts.

1 Like

That makes sense. I didn’t think about that.

1 Like

Some people might just lose interest or they are making music but never get their big break or they don’t have any team around them to help them or they have a weird contract… all kinds of things can happen.

I think if you are a fan of them, you’d keep an eye out for their music. There was one artist that didn’t come back to YouTube for years and years and I loved her music. Then one day, 6 years since the last post, she returned with new music.

Life got in the way, it seemed.

2 Likes

sighs Ain’t that the truth…

1 Like