Does the title of the story draw you in? Would you read based on the title?

Now, before you people say “The title isn’t that important only the plot is” I just wanted to let you know that this is not the place for that. I want people where when they look at a title they will go “this will be a fun read” or “sounds boring/not interested”.

It is simple:

The person above will post the title of their fiction story then the person below will state whether or not they will read it based off the title. And so on and so forth.
The title has to come from your own fiction story. DO NOT INCLUDE OTHER FAMOUS AUTHORS’ WORK AS THE TITLE!! I only want your original title to your story.

I shall go first:
My Turn:

Tales of Alterra: Arcane Shadows | Book 1

Enjoy!!!

2 Likes

I’d be hesitant but if the cover was good I’d read the blurb. It doesn’t really jump out at me but it’s not bad.

Serpent in the Shadows

3 Likes

Hey, we both got the word “shadows” in our titles.
Teehee.

Yeah, I’d give it a try.

3 Likes

As much as I question this being a truly productive exercise, in the Christmas spirit of good cheer:

You Must Remember This

2 Likes

Damnit! Wait, I forgot to add the title.
EVERYTHING IS RUINED A LITTLE!!!

2 Likes

I mean it’s helpful to know whether a title gets attention or falls flat. At least if getting readers is a goal

5 Likes

Maybe, if you made it worth remembering.

You See, I Pee.

(If you understood the context, maybe it would make more sense; it’s an Avant grade, post-modern character study of a disgraced ex-lawyer going through a quarter-life crisis to get his life back on track. And he’s also kinda a man child).

4 Likes

I’d probably think this was some very specific smut. But if I happened to click on it and the blurb was as interesting as the explanation you just gave, I might give it a shot.

Your Fate Like Clockwork

This one’s nearing publishing, so I gotta know if this title’s any good.

4 Likes

It’s a very intruiging title, but I would want to read the blurb first to get a better idea of what the story’s about. If the blurb would interest me, I would read it. The title’s mysterious and gives off a feeling of dread. It’s a bit unusually constructed, but that only grabs my attention more. I would think it’s about something like fate or destiny fulfilling itself step by step, very precisely “like clockwork”.

My title: The Serum of Life
(one that came to mind recently. It sounds a bit generic so I’d like to know if it would still interest people enough. It’s a fantasy/quest story)

4 Likes

I’m taking the title literally and thinking they’ll be looking for the fountain of youth, maybe I would think the serum is true love or something based on what tags you have.

Obey

4 Likes

This is a great title, as it entices me to read further! (But I’m partial to one-word titles!)

Dandelions

4 Likes

Smut :joy: Oh dear, I see it now.

I am glad you’d be willing to give it a shot though.

I like the title, it’s kinda mysterious. I want to know about the character’s fate and why it’s like clockwork.

:thinking: A bit vague, tbh. Is it about flowers? Would need to know about the synopsis, first.

3 Likes

Hm…
Probably not, tbh. But that’s based more on my taste than anything objective. I would think this is a contemporary or romance sort of book, and probably pass by it for that reason.

Mine:
Burn to the Ground

3 Likes

This could be for any genre, so I’d probably judge from the cover and blurb to see if it’s something to pique my interest. But on first glance, without anything attached, probably not. But don’t be discouraged. It’s always hard to judge stories based on the title alone :blush:

Mine:
Paws Chase Murder Case

3 Likes

Yeah, makes sense. You’ve seen the cover for this, actually. It is a pretty versatile and generic title, so I get it.

I might pass on this, depends on the cover. Mostly because I prefer dark adult fantasies, and the rhyme makes it sound like something that’s either in a different age category and a cozy-mystrey style. I could be wrong, though.
And I’d pass based on taste, but I think it’s a pretty cute title!

Another:
Empire of Lies

2 Likes

2 Likes

I’ll give it a shot just to see if it’s different from most fantasy books.

My Turn:

Tales of Alterra: Arcane Shadows
(Will possibly change the title a bit)

1 Like

I’d be a bit interested. I know it’s fantasy, and I like fantasy, and the word “Arcane” makes me think of magic, which I also like XD I’ll still read the blurb though before deciding to read it, which I do for every book.

2 Likes

Thank you but I have I feeling that I am going to change the title a bit.
The “Arcane Shadows” sounds pretty redundant to me.

I Was Sold to Popular Boy Band One Direction, but they Made Me do Manual Labour

1 Like