Does your character have any major regrets?

Is there something that your character deeply regrets? What is weighing heavily on your character’s mind and bringing them down?

Tell me, list down the regrets that your character feels strongly about.

Go on explain in great detail.

2 Likes

My character’s biggest regret is dating her ex-boyfriend. This all takes place before the book starts, but it plays a major role in the story of why she keeps pushing the love interest away. My character and her ex were best friends before they started dating and got along really well. Towards the end of when they were dating, the relationship was starting getting toxic. He was getting jealous and overbearing and my main character can’t handle it. She knows that he had a bad relationship right before they got together and has anxiety, but it becomes too much for her because he kept getting mad at her for small things. She also knows it isn’t completely her ex’s fault either because she has done some stupid things that start the downhill of the relationship. She is afraid that if she ever dates again that the relationship will be just like that again.

1 Like

Yeah, existing. Max regrets that he exists. :flushed: Nah, really, I’ll tell you below (with spoilers):

Max regrets not opening up sooner to his parents about things, and explaining his side of the story and his feelings about his sexuality/gender identity. He thinks he is the cause of them breaking up because he was a very difficult child. His Dad doesn’t talk much to him, but his Mama’s there for him. His Dad lives in Oakland in an apartment somewhere. Max hasn’t been to visit yet, and doesn’t care enough to.

2 Likes

My main MC mostly has guilt about people that he couldn’t save. He always feels like he should’ve done more. Be faster, smarter, fight harder,… even though he gives his all whenever he’s on a mission. Each death that happens around him he stacks up on to a pile that he considers his failures. He has to learn that he can’t save everyone, but he just doesn’t see it that way.

2 Likes

One of my character’s biggest regrets is shooting lightning the first time he faced a villain.

It’s a long story. So the villain in my first book has the ability to reverse attacks, like turning lightning strikes into sonic booms and fireballs into ice shards. Of the three MCs, only the female MC knows, and that’s because she has a book that can show her the past. The other two MCs were unaware. In addition to that, their mentors didn’t tell them because they weren’t anticipating that the trio and the villain would eventually fight.

But then the fight came unexpectedly. So this male MC, we’ll call him E, immediately prepares to shoot lightning at the opponent. Since the female MC knows of the opponent’s abilities, she tries to warn him. E, however, ignores her, and shoots lightning anyway. The villain manages to return the lightning strike as a sonic boom, nearly killing them. He ended up unconscious and bleeding for a good part of the fight, which they eventually won.

That was his biggest regret: not listening to his teammate. If he did, he wouldn’t have seriously injured anyone in the first place.

1 Like

Niko doesn’t know the meaning of the word, but Mallo often worries if leaving Hell was ever a good idea in the first place.

“don’t give the damn scythe to wrath”

1 Like

Wrath. The ultimate sin.

1 Like

Currently, he regrets not being able to save his brother when his family was ambushed by a magical species. He was the only one out of his entire village who escaped, and he regrets his decisions that night.

Though, to be fair, he was only twelve years old, so… he puts too much pressure on himself. xD

1 Like

Lana deeply regrets dropping out of journalism at university, but Eli helps her regain her confidence and it all kinda works out in the end for that. Eli regrets his ex-wife and all the chaos she bought with her.

1 Like

My MC’s deep regret is his inability to save his family from being murdered by the bad guys in two occasions. If he had known or arrived home earlier, he might be able to save them on time.

1 Like

My MC’s deepest regret when the story first begins (though this is sure to change) is her influence in getting her father out of her and her older sister’s life. She had been a foolish, spiteful child who revealed information to people she shouldn’t. For that, she paid dearly when her father was forced to leave her side of the family, and not pay recognition to them. (Sorta complicated, but i tried to shorten the details).

1 Like