Does your character(s) have any personal morals or philosophies? If so, what are they?

I am just curious to know.

Do they live by these morals and philosophies?

2 Likes

Niko read the Havamal and he pretty much lives by the words of the high one.

1 Like

What words are those exactly?

1 Like

It is difficult to sum up over a hundred lines of advice

1 Like

Ah, I see.

What about any of your other characters? Do any of them have personal morals and philosophies that they abide by?

1 Like

They do but summing up their entire value system is hard. Look up the philosophy of Marcus Tillius Cicero and you’ll know where most of them fall.

1 Like

Okay. LOL!

Well, thanks for answering.

:sweat_smile:

Come back to see everyone else’s comments, if you want to.

1 Like

Not like they are philosophies, but moral parameters, sure. The Assassin series is where it’s strongest that the MC is more morally strict than the rest of the cast. It leads to clashes where people actually fuss about her morality being too strict, but it’s never like our world where people decide you’re the evil one for having more limitations. Just more “you’re annoying, but we get along anyway.”

3 Likes

Nope, this is the Churroverse.

2 Likes

everyone is morally grey

2 Likes

Juan is very ideologically strongly a masculist

Alejandra is very strong about her philosophy of everyone being treated fairly, even tho she still does micro-sexist acts that she has to work on

Daniel starts out being kinda shy but eventually becomes a strong masculist

Ignacio and Daniela are strong communists

2 Likes

My MC has very few morals in a sense where he just inherently knows something is good or bad morally. There are a few hard lines and easy answers, but for the most part, he has to learn from others and choose his own morals along the way. Which is interesting to play with when you have a character like mine who has an adult intelligence level but more of a child’s level of understanding when it comes to personal experience. Academically he understands morals, but those are so subjective and vary from individual to individual so vastly, that he has no idea personally where his own morals lie and has to explore them through trial and error. It’s kind of a running theme throughout the entire series I plan to write, and it’s why I intend to have the MC start off as rather innocent, but grow so jaded as things progress that his morals swing almost into antagonist territory before the pendulum switches direction and he comes back around to being a protagonist. His morality is very flexible, to say the least.

2 Likes

Argenton’s morals are selfish and it’s how he was brought up and because of a twisted magick spell. His idea about what is good or bad all have to do with the three important things in his life; himself, his family name, and the country he protects. Not individuals. And since he can’t make emotional attachments well, he won’t recognize his actions might hurt someone. He’s only thinking about the three important things in his life.

But once the spell starts weakening (although it will never wear off unless broken) and he reunites with his friend, he begins to be able to create emotional attachments again. So, he recognizes that if his sisters saw him killing their father, they might be upset. He decides to do it when everyone is asleep.

Still, he’s going to do it because it’s for himself as it will break the spell. He’s not thinking about the afterwards or remembering all the times his father was good to him (because of the spell, he doesn’t remember).

2 Likes
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.