explaining lgbt terms

so you may know me as that one enby who likes neopronouns. i’m here to explain he/him lesbians and why they are very very valid.

this uhhh started out as a fuckin he/him lesbian thing but uhhh i’ll educate people on lgbt terms

1 Like

basically back in the 60s/70s, in order for butch lesbians to blend in with gay bars, they used he/him pronouns

also to escape oppression

and there’s more butch history but as someone that has never been a butch lesbian (only femme he/him lesbian), i have to get sources on butch history

Why would you still use he/him as a lesbian if you weren’t at risk of oppression?

1 Like

maybe they prefer it
i don’t identify as a lesbian anymore but there are other reasons why some butch/femme lesbians use he/him

1 Like

Found this useful resource and thought I’d share:

1 Like

thanks!!

1 Like

I’m a they/them lesbian.

1 Like

ayyy that’s nice

1 Like

he/him lesbians don’t always identify as female as well : ))

1 Like

yeah
forgot to mention that

1 Like

Why do they call themselves lesbians then? I’ve always heard lesbian in the terms of “homosexual woman”.

1 Like

Well, I don’t know 100% and I don’t speak for any they/them or he/him lesbians, but there’s not really any way for non-binary ppl to express who they are attracted to that hasn’t been literally forced by cis people. So, it’s just a way for them to say, “hey, i’m only attracted to women.”

2 Likes

There are words for nonbinary people who are attracted to women or men, but they are rather obscure. I believe it’s Tripic and Torchic or something like that.

2 Likes

If i remember correctly, those weren’t created by non-binary people. They were made by cis people and forced onto non-binary people. So, I don’t tend to like, use them much ?? I could be wrong though.

2 Likes

I’m summoning @LadyOfTheRiver to clarify.

1 Like

huh? what do I have to do here?

lesbians have always included enbies and toric/trixic was made by people who weren’t lesbians

2 Likes

ah, yes, these.

1 Like

Whether Toric/Trixic is problematic.

1 Like