Facebook help

Not sure I’m allowed to ask this as it’s not writing related, but this is the only network of people I have who might know…

About a year ago my Facebook account got hacked. I got the email from Facebook saying it had been hacked and I just needed to provide my password to recover it. Because I don’t use Facebook much I couldn’t remember my password, but I figured it didn’t matter anyway as I didn’t care about my account at the time.

But after a year of not knowing what all my old school friends/distant family members are up to I really wanted to get back my account. I miss all my old photos too!

My account is still there because when I search for me I can find it, but whoever hacked it assigned a new email account to it so when I say ‘forgot password’ I’m told
It will send a code to my email - which of course is no good because the email account isn’t mine now since the hacker changed it. My mobile phone number also isn’t associated with my Facebook account so I can’t get a code via text either.

I also can’t find a way of contacting Facebook support. I did find an email address online but I got a bounce-back. The only way I can find to contact Facebook support is to raise a pre-determined ticket. None of which help fix my issue.

Google search / YouTube videos when I search for ‘recover Facebook account without email or phone number’ don’t help either.

Any smart people here have any idea what to do?

3 Likes

https://m.facebook.com/help/738660629556925

Hit the link hidden by the words “secure it”.

3 Likes

But you might want to watch this first:

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing these!

I’ve watched the video and gone through it but keep coming back to the same problem - the email and password associated with my account have been changed and it’s impossible to find a way to contact Facebook.

From the video, the only potential way to reach Facebook is to pretend it’s a copyright issue, but it says on the form that using this form incorrectly will lead to your account being closed :tired_face:

1 Like

oh my gosh, that must be horrible! :scream:

Facebook has never been the most helpful when it came to dealing with issues :sweat_smile: Is there a place you can call? A real person to talk to and not a robot?

To clarify one thing, when it gives you the “forgot password” and you get the code sent, none of the email addresses you have receive the answer?

2 Likes

I know!

They don’t have phone support, nor online chat. The only way I’ve found to contact them is via predefined issues, of which mine doesn’t seem to be one!

And no, I tried requesting the code anyway, but it didn’t go to my account. RIP my Facebook account.

2 Likes

Well, if you can’t get into the account, you can force it to verify and shut it down because they can’t prove they are you.

2 Likes

I recently had to basically reset my account by sending in the photo ID thing - sucked, but got me in :joy:. Have you already tried this?

2 Likes

Do you remember who you contacted to do this? I can’t find any way of contacting them. But I’d be fine to send in photo ID to prove it was me!

@J.L.O Yeah, I might have to. I don’t really want to shut it down though as it has loads of photos I was tagged in going all the way back to 2006. If I could find a way of downloading them all and reconnecting with all my friends I’d be fine with that.

1 Like

Here’s two links that might help.

https://m.facebook.com/help/contact/183000765122339

1 Like