Fantasy novel... death wish?

Hey, everyone!

Here’s the thing: I’m writing a Young Adult Fantasy novel (Novels like Six of Crows and The Bird and the Blade are my inspiration), and I need something- phrase, a wish or something- that they say before death, like a tradition.

Kind of like in the 100, if you’ve ever seen that show.

Any suggestions?

2 Likes

Goodbye cruel world…

I’m kidding

Welcome me into your open arms? (Like death just hugging that person…idk)

2 Likes

“What are you gonna do, kill me?”

2 Likes

Lol perfection :joy:

Ooh, interesting idea! I like the ‘death welcoming’ the person, like trying to make death less harsh maybe, more of a haven for warriors. I’ll definitely play around with that. :grin:

2 Likes

Ooh, happy I helped:)

1 Like

Six of crows is perfection

I wanna cry when I read it

1 Like

Oml I could sob and rant and gush about that book for hours :sob:

Honestly, Kaz and Ineq? Sign me up

Wylan and frickin Jesper, that’s a frickin sob story

Nina and Matthias? Dig me a grave

1 Like

Kaz and Ineq… oh you just had to turn on the waterworks :sob: :sob: :sob: But YES a million times I love them
That book is everything amazing, I can only hope that my writing could amount anywhere close :heart_eyes:

Yes, happy writing!

1 Like

You too! :slight_smile:

Something like this usually ties into a community’s history or belief. So you should probably first figure out why they say this and who says this. Is this a religion thing? Is it something that only the main character says because of a certain even in their past? Once you figure that out, the what they say should come easier.

1 Like

The Stars will provide you

(ngl I took this from I’m Here from “Willow: A New Musical”)

1 Like

I struggle with things like this because I need to have the PERFECT sentance. Usually though it comes to me during the writing process. I think it helps being ‘in’ the moment and it can come naturally.
Other times I hurt my brain thinking about it… :laughing:
So maybe it’ll just come to you when writing :slight_smile:

The only thing I can think of is the Assassins Creed series. One of the characters, Ezio, just says ‘rest in peace’ to his victims but in Latin. Which is: Requiescat in pace

Maybe you can go into a direction like that?

1 Like