For funsies, character tropes you can't get enough of

Isn’t Ains the one who placed that into her interface the one at fault though? Yet she took it WAY too far, in all honesty.

Am I wrong? @NotARussianBot

3 Likes

Momonga did as a joke, expecting her to disappear with the server. Ains is who he is stuck in.

3 Likes

Somehow, I knew I screwed names up…:upside_down_face:

1 Like

Well, it’s a user inside their game avatar, and it’s made pretty clear that the NPCs know the difference.

2 Likes

Ah…it has been a while since I watched the show, but I still should have remembered something.
:sweat_smile:

2 Likes

“Madly in love” has many interpretations

2 Likes

Madly is Kathy Bates. In love is whatever iteration of denial we use to shape our excuses.

Oh, that’s a bit dark.

1 Like

right?? i especially like the “third act disaster” where they fight and/or get separated and Character B is like “… oh shit i actually like them and now everything is ruined.” :broken_heart: good ol angst lol

part time evil only :stuck_out_tongue:

anime/manga is definitely the way my mind wanders when i’m trying to think of examples. it’s a good medium for that trope, i think.

1 Like

Yeah, a variant of that…
Another Typical Fantasy Romance

Dude is scary but is an absolute teddy bear for his wife.

2 Likes

I come with more:

1. Those characters who are down right terrifying and everyone knows it, but my god when a person does actually get to know them, that character is the most chillest and coolest person ever.

2. The “I hate humans and their humanity” character being who slowly changes when they meet a human that they actually take in and become protective of said human and they form either an amazing friendship or romantic relationship.

3. The tomboy who isn’t all boy/manly and has a girly side to her.

4. Powerups done right. I am a HUGE sucker for when the guys or gals in anime do that powerup thing when the villain pissed them off for the last damn time.

5. The dreaded characters who strike absolute fear in to people without even trying. I’ll take it in a funny or serious way.

6. The political-active princess who is more than a pretty face and isn’t an airhead. Like you put this woman in a room with tough politician dudes and she is a force to be reckoned with that those tough politicians are like “oh shit!”

7. When the story calls for it, royalty who do more than sit on a throne and telling other to fight for them. No, King Carl grabs sword and unleash a fury that not even the enemy was expecting.

Knight: King Carl, please let us fight!
King Carl: Nah, bro, your king got this! HAVE AT THEE,YOU SWINE!!!

Not that exaggerated, but still.

1. The character who is stupid and weird, but when you put that person in a brawl, that character is an absolute BADASS and can handle themselves and will thoroughly WRECK shit.

2. The character who is the chosen one because they wanted to be the chosen one when the world couldn’t get a chosen one. The Unchosen One.

3. The character who is a silent, stoic, and surprisingly funny as hell when give or take.

4. The action mom. She is a mother, a wife, and woman of force who is willing to throw hands and pick up a weapon to beat the shit out of anyone who threatens her family.

There is more, but that is all I got for now!

2 Likes

and they have a very nice healthy relationship :relieved:

1 Like

It was freaking adorable.

1 Like

A few more. Sorry, I am on a roll.

1. The sweet and kindhearted girl or even boy who manages to slowly warms the heart of the people who she/he interacts in a way that they weren’t expecting. Yet when that character needs a shoulder to cry on and time to vent, those people whose hearts she/he warmed are right there to be that person’s rock in return.

2. That “horribly” evil villain whose jokes are more clever and interesting than their “elaborate” evil schemes are. LOL!

3. A princess who is willing to get dirty and pick up arms or even a book to educate, but at the same time the princess is like “After this epic battle of slaying the enemies and bathing in their blood and tears, I am going to read this book and maybe later do a bit of shopping.” I know that is sounds contradictory, but damn-it I want to be here for it.

That is it! I promise!

2 Likes

UNHINGED WOMEN are my top 1 !!

And grumpy character x softie character where the grumpy one protects softie but will not admit to liking the softie :face_holding_back_tears:

2 Likes

Ooh, I thought of another one. The unassuming, plain character no one pays attention to and everyone completely forgets about until all the heroes reach a situation where they’re like, OMG none of us have the skillset to get past this, what do we do?! And then regular ole’ random human comes along like, well actually, I happen to freelance as [insert skill set they need here], and they’re like WHAAAAT why didn’t you ever say something? And plain person’s like… no one asked? Ok, let me help ya’ll save the world. :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s even better when it’s like some elderly man/lady and he’s like, I can help you talk to this connection because I am secretly a mob boss, but the good kind and I can help ya out because you always mow my lawn on the weekends. :smiley:

2 Likes

So, you like those characters that start off as “I’ll just sit in the back till I am needed in some way or form even though I’ve stuck around with you guys for the longest, but since none of you asked what I exactly do, I shall just stick around till you need me.” that turn into this below.

“Wait, you guys need me?! It’s my time to shine now?! cracks knuckles Well, looks like this is the job for the average Joe!”

And not only the other characters become shocked and impressed but the audience are like “well, shit, where the hell your awesome ass been all this time?!”

Is that what you’re getting at?

1 Like

Hmm, more like the character that you just assume is a background character and isn’t major to the plot until later, he/she becomes necessary to the plot. And you’re like, “OMG Joe, we can’t save the world if we don’t find a scholar who can read this ancient text, where the heck are we going to find someone like that when all the people who knew this language went extinct hundreds of years ago!?” And then the cafeteria lady that’s always so nice to you suddenly goes, “Oh, I can read that language. I have a bunch of those ancient books in my house from my great great great super great granny.” :laughing: Like “Whaaat? YOU can read this?!” “Why of course, honey, keeps the brain sharper than a crossword puzzle is what I say.” :wink:

Or even better, when they become the big bad all along and while you were trying to find the big boss by defeating all the henchmen, you had no idea it was your elderly neighbor that waters your flowers when you’re out on vacation and you babysit his cat when he’s out etc. :laughing:
And he’s all like, “I was just testin’ ya, sonny. I’m proud of ya, but now ya have to defeat me.”

2 Likes

Thanks for letting me know and sorry for the late reply.

1 Like