For Those Of You Doing Nano...

How you doing? What’s your word count? Has Nano made it so that you write more daily? I’ve only been using Nano to write more and to get my book finished, and so far I am almost finished with it - though not quite. I estimate around 8 more chapters or so. How about you all??

4 Likes

@MiniMoxx @DomiSotto @J.L.O @JohnnyTuturro

i inow you guys are doing nano, idk who else on here is.

4 Likes

I finished first draft at 62K words yesterday, now I am just editing and posting.

3 Likes

I’m doing this unofficially (as in not entering it) Around 72022 right now? 90% was written in this month. Im well enough, averaging a little over a chapter a day. Yes, writing daily. It’s finding an end point once I get beyond the obligations of a Cinderella smut story. Clearly a 1st draft with work needed.

3 Likes

Just hit 40k tonight. Writing every day whether it kills me XD
I dont think I’m even half way done with the draft yet, I havent reached the “main” conflict but I’m hoping within the next few chapters it’ll get there or sort of get to the path of it happening?
I’m exhausted, my brain is mush.
I usually write every day anyway, but never this much and never this intensely if that makes sense.

5 Likes

Yeah. Literally everything I have up on Wattpad was DEFINATELY written after September of last year (all unfinished), probably started in December until now, and this story. I can write. I can write a lot, but this makes a hobby into a job. It’s nice to visit that but not live there.

And Chapter honking 30 is when I get to the “Fairy Godmother” if that’s what we will call it.

4 Likes

It’s just crazy. My brain is like :exploding_head: probably because I’m getting it down whether or not I want to XD
and NaNo would be the book that I decide to go back to big novels :rofl: freaking typical.

5 Likes

I was pretty happy to go back to my regular daily counts, no pressure writing. NaNo is one time thing for me.

2 Likes

I’ve never done Nano xD When I write on a deadline, and have to write so much knowingly it just messes with my mind and I can never write that way.

2 Likes

i had 2 stop because of physics

2 Likes

Just broke 22k last night so way behind schedule. Ugh.

3 Likes

4k, there. Laugh.

2 Likes

I wanted to do NaNo but man to write 50K for an entire month seems insane to me personally.
I envy writers who can do such a thing, yet me I can’t.
I need time to finish an entire novel which I am still struggling with.

2 Likes

That’s alright as well! School comes first <3

That’s still 22k words ^-^ Progress is progress!

Nah, things happen! No need to laugh at 4k words!

Yeah same here! Though I am more of a novella writer I think, though I am an underwriter so I think when I go back to my current WIP to add stuff and rewrite I’ll add more. This is more of a skeleton to work from.

5 Likes

Awesome! Feels good knowing that I am not alone.
:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I want to slam Adrian to the wall lol.

1 Like

Aww.

2 Likes

Why aww?

1 Like

Even throttle worthy characters? Having them get to you? It’s an aww moment.

3 Likes

:flushed:

Adrian is weird.

2 Likes