Fun with Wisp & Willow! (chat, horoscope, fortune, and other)

@wisp horoscope aries

✧・゚Horoscope: The miscommunications, trouble with machinery and missed appointments are making you crazy – you and everybody else, too. So no matter where you’re off to, if you get lost on the way, stop and ask directions. Just this once.
✧・゚Sign Compatibility: Leo
✧・゚Mood: Demanding
✧・゚Color: Orange
✧・゚Lucky Number: 33
✧・゚Lucky Time: 6am

@wisp what can you do

@CJtheSiteWizard

✧・゚: * ✧・゚:*

You can use the following commands to interact with me:

pet wisp to pet me
:sandwich: to feed me
fly a lap to help me work off all the sandwiches
horoscope <your sign> and I’ll tell you your horoscope for the day!
breathe fire to get me to breathe fire!
sprint <number> minutes and I’ll set a timer for however long you specify and let you know when time’s up! Be sure to format them with numerals (ie. 15) and don’t spell it out! (ie. fifteen)
Tell me you’re having a bad day or need encouragement and I’ll do my best to cheer you up!

I learn new things all the time, so ask me again in a few days!

OOOOKAY Wisp should :crossed_fingers: hopefully be working long-term now :joy:

The tech details for anybody who's interested

On Wisp’s server, a few things updated which changed how I was able to manage Wisp running long-term. Originally, I could open a terminal through the server provider, start her up, and leave her running and she’d be fine. Now, though, her server provider made the process more like a traditional terminal: when you close the terminal, it terminates all running processes, including Wisp. Basically I had to set her up on her own “screen” running in the background to keep her on all the time. Ideally, barring an actual server crash or reboot (which honestly doesn’t happen that often, it’s just easiest to refer to it that way, it’s actually her process that gets :skull: ). Because she needs to be able to remember how many sandwiches she ate (lol) she needs to have a “brain” that stays on 24/7, so we use a pared-down version of redis for that. The horoscope uses an API which ALSO needs to be able to run without the terminal being open. Anyway, she’s got her own special screen running on the server now which should keep her going without me needing to manually intervene lol

2 Likes

Yay! Thank you :grin:

@Wisp what can you do

@TheTigerWriter

You can use the following commands to interact with me:

pet wisp to pet me
:sandwich: to feed me
fly a lap to help me work off all the sandwiches
horoscope <your sign> and I’ll tell you your horoscope for the day!
breathe fire to get me to breathe fire!
sprint <number> minutes and I’ll set a timer for however long you specify and let you know when time’s up! Be sure to format them with numerals (ie. 15) and don’t spell it out! (ie. fifteen)
Tell me you’re having a bad day or need encouragement and I’ll do my best to cheer you up!

I learn new things all the time, so ask me again in a few days!

1 Like

@Wisp encouragement

✧・゚: * ✧・゚:* In case no one has told you today: I love you. You matter. You’re needed. You’re stronger than you think. You’re going to get through this.✧・゚: *✧・゚: *

1 Like

@wisp :sandwich:

✧・゚: * ✧・゚:* Nom nom nom✧・゚: *✧・゚: *

1 Like

@Wisp pet wisp

✧・゚: * ✧・゚:* ~ ~ PurrrrRRRR ~ ~ ✧・゚: *✧・゚: *

1 Like

This is so wholesome.

@Wisp bad day

1 Like

✧・゚: * ✧・゚:* Just want you to know that you are amazing, strong, talented, and not alone. ✧・゚: *✧・゚: *

1 Like

@Wisp encouragement

1 Like

✧・゚: * ✧・゚:* You don’t have to take this day all at once, but rather, one step, one breath, one moment at a time. You are only one person. Things will get done when they get done.✧・゚: *✧・゚: *

3 Likes

@Wisp :sandwich:

✧・゚: * ✧・゚:* om nom nom!✧・゚: *✧・゚: *

@Wisp Fly a lap