Guess Book Genre/Story from Cover

A fun game, and also gives people an idea if their book cover is on track :wink:

I remember there being a thread like this on Wacky a few months back - so I decided to revive the game. Pretty much 1 person posts a cover, the next person has to guess the genre and what they think the book is about then can post a cover of their own.

Game Guidelines:

1. You must comment what you think the last book cover posted is (genre, book summary) before posting your own cover.
  2. If you’d like to know if the person responding to your cover would read your book based on the cover put a ( :star2:) on your post.
  3. It doesn’t even have to be your cover! Feel free to put published book covers here too.

Rules:
(because we need them :joy:)

1. Have fun!~

Here’s the first cover:

6 Likes

Fantasy? Maybe something about rivalry between heirs to a kingdom and conflict about who are going to rule?

My cover :star2::

4 Likes

Something based of Giselle?

I’d consider reading … but I read the blurb though :sweat_smile:

Here be mine :star2: :

3 Likes

I’d guess that it’s a YA contemporary romance (kind of like those angsty, feel-good novels, you know?). I might be completely off though haha. I would definitely click on the cover and read the blurb.

Here’s mine :star2: :

3 Likes

that is freaking gorgeous thriller/mystery?

3 Likes

@eternitea40
Thriller/dystopian/mystery/adventure

Looks like it has something to do with a game. Could be similar to the games in the Mocking Jay (situational to their world) or a group of friends were sucked into a game (and brought into another world).

Would definitely check it out if the blurb also catches my eye!

@Manya707
Hmm, I’m guessing that this is a fantasy/historical fiction about an elf/dryad/fae that falls in love with someone deemed ‘out of reach’ - like a human. (I may be waaay off with this though :joy:)

4 Likes

correct, the rest it pretty far off though :sweat_smile:

Yours looks like a romance

2 Likes

lol, I had a feeling I was off :joy: Curious to know what it’s about - is the book published on wattpad?

2 Likes

yup! @demonologies is a very talented designer :))

you’re on the right track! it becomes dark very quickly haha

3 Likes

Romance?

2 Likes

Oops :sweat_smile:

I am so off with this…

There’s a lot of murder attempts and/or successes, for starts :joy:

But to be fair, there’re cats. And who doesn’t like those?

2 Likes

Yep, spot on! :+1: It’s romance with a few dashes of dystopian.

1 Like

yep! I don’t recommend reading it cus its in SERIOUS need of a rewrite and editing lol its an action-adventure, fantasy, romance hehe, the mc goes on an adventure to save her friend

1 Like

Ah, so that’s where the title comes in! :astonished:

1 Like

If I’d have to guess, I’d say that the genre for this is dark romance, definitely mature rated. As for my guesses about story content, I feel like there might be BDSM here or something along those lines (clued in my the word “restraint”). It probably features at least one billionaire since that’s a common trope with these types of stories, maybe being billionaire x secretary, though the word “professional” does suggest that they may be equals in terms of positioning, so maybe billionaire x billionaire, or something along those lines. I’m probably overanalyzing this anyways.

Mine might be a bit tricky to guess🌟 :

2 Likes

Not really …:sweat_smile: (even though the picture is from Giselle) I just couldn’t resist using the image! It’s a contemporary story and since the protagonist’s name means “daughter of the wind”, I thought the picture would suit very well … (subtracting the pointe shoes, lol)

3 Likes

A heartwarming romance or the second chapter of a relationship that takes place in Italy or a nice culture-rich country with land by the seaside…?

Or a dystopian about what came after an incident that changed the earth.

56906018.SY475

3 Likes

Definitely some kind of low-fantasy story, probably with a romance subplot, with the female lead being a chosen one thrust into a strange new world.

My cover :star2:

2 Likes

Yup, yup, yup and yup… it’s tagged billionaire but not really. Two working professionals, equal footing, not a boss story. And yes, kink elements lol.

Yours has me stumped though… could be so many🤔

2 Likes

Supernatural or horror?

2 Likes