Gush about your OLD characters [ones you are not writing about now]

Characters that come from our own brains are interesting creatures aren’t they? We made them and we like them or hate them. Very curious creatures. How are we able to make characters we hate to love or love to hate? :stuck_out_tongue:

Tell me about a character or two that you are NOT writing about right now to rekindle your love for them. It doesn’t have to be a main character. I got this idea after going to my unfinished drafts folder and browsing through the titles.

Oh gosh, I forgot about this great character:

Vicenzu

the ice mage warrior guy who cannot feel the warmth of love because of the ice curse on his heart. I remember writing him out as this rebel framed for the king’s murder. He learns he’s half magical creature and half human. I liked this character because his actions could be seen as a villain from one perspective, but as a hero from another perspective. Depends on if you support the magical creatures or the humans.

And this was also a great character:

Triad

because he showed that a broken heart doesn’t have to result in broken friendship. He would continue to support Two even though he knows he can never be with her in the way he wanted. He showed the highest form of respect toward her. Such a good character. Makes me want to write a story for him.

Honorable mentions by name for fun:

• Chief Constable Stephen Bailey (who died too soon. I’d have to get into police murder mystery Sherlock style to write his story.)
  • Daedelus (if I wrote his story, it would kind of be like writing how a great old wizard came to be great and old.)
  • Cad Trails (if I did write this snobbish guy’s story again, I would figure out what his real name is. He hates his real name because it’s a girl’s name.)
  • Kostya (would love to figure out why Anastasia loves him so much when he sounded like a bad boyfriend initially.)

Now on to you :wink:

6 Likes

I write a lot of characters for the trainwrecks, so its not just a person its a specific scene that cimes to mind.

But one that comes to mind for the person is Gamma Pearson. He’s the cousin of the Alpha in one story (so, distant heir to the pack but not direct in line), is a Delta I think? Nev3r finsihed the story. Nect one, he’s married into another pack as the Gamma, and is a PI in their town. Estsblish that He’s got a loud mental voice in this one. His son is a mutation–massive werewolf. Didnt finish that either. By the time Begging is for Losers comes around, he’s still a Gamma by title, but works for the Omega Council and is turned into a God by halfway through the story. Still didnt finish that one either.

So, I catch him in his 20s, his 40s, and his 60s at different points in his life.

Oh, and when he teleports as a God, he manifests deer antlers that get stuck in the walls, forcing him to break them.

A werewolf with antlers.

Honestly, he’s nothing special, but he’s in everything. A solid male that ain’t into drama and loves his wife. And along with the antlers comes a a Siren’s traits–he hates that.

1 Like

I am not sure I have any like that.

Honestly, there are characters that I’ve never really gotten to flesh out enough to do that.

There are PLENTY of characters who I like based on their personality and whatever else, yet I didn’t get to see them grow as characters.

I am sorry.

1 Like

I was absolutely in love with one of my side characters, Elyes, from a novella I wrote ages ago. Elyes is super kind, sweet, and is pretty much the perfect person. :rofl: However, he was never well-rounded as a character, so that’s pretty much all he is lol

And I think about Kelly, the sister to my main character, in Taste of Italy a lot. She was really cool, very spunky. She was upbeat, silly, and definitely the peacemaker but also the one that knocked some common sense into you lol

1 Like

Denny! A jerky incubus! I love him! And CeBella, a witchy smarty. OMG, I MISS THEM!!! :purple_heart:

1 Like

What about characters you’d like to write more about some day?

1 Like

They miss you, too :wink:

1 Like

Probably xD they’re currently suspended in writing reality, not very fun lol.

2 Likes

You should write a story about characters suspended in writing reality and grumbling about the author that wrote them XD

2 Likes

Hm. My old characters are my current characters :joy:

1 Like

spongebob voice write that down! Write that down! Lol. I do revisit old stories every now and then but I had to stop doing that when none of them were getting done. I’m trying to be disciplined and stick to one at a time on like a two year schedule xD

3 Likes

Where do I start?!

1 Like

I shall return later.

How’s that been going so far?

1 Like

Start with a character that makes you grin when you think about them.

1 Like

You’ve been working on your books for a long, long time now, haven’t you? What about this—tell me about a character that you love, that changed the most since their first creation and how they changed.

1 Like

I mean it is making me focus on one story but I haven’t touched that story in almost a year - school took over my life. But I’ll finally be free in August again so I’m hoping I can be stricter with myself.

1 Like

Cheering you on :grin: :clap:

1 Like

Thanks! I hate when rl takes over because I just be tryna chill haha.

1 Like

Yeah, since I was 10

:thinking: None of them have actually changed all that much. Really, I’m adding more characters than I’m losing. And if anything, I’m trying to make some of their backstories less depressing without entirely changing then.

I guess the one I’ve changed the most (which isn’t saying much) is giving Hathor Time Magic and making her the Vessel of Time, but that was like 5 years ago :thinking: The only major change I’ve done with her is giving her her own book series

1 Like