Help me name my monsters, please?

Soooo in my series that takes place in the afterlife, I have a species of monsters that I cannot come up with a name for.

Here’s what they look like. (They’re the big gross slug-thing.)

They’re nasty.

Appearance:
They’re like giant slugs made from jellied/coagulated ghost blood (which is black) and are covered in numerous unblinking black eyes that constantly weep blood. They have flagellum on their backs that function the same way insect antennae do, sensory-wise.

Behavior:
So sometimes in my story world it rains blood. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Whenever these storms happen, these creatures bubble up from the sand like boiling tar. They’re not sentient, and are more like plants intelligence-wise. They are the closest things to vampires in all my stories lol. They only have one goal, to impale other ghosts with their flagellum and drain them of their blood.

They have very short-lived lifespans, because as soon as the blood storms disperse, these monsters will pop out of existence in a splatter leaving behind stains in the sand.

Aaaaanyone have any ideas what to call these guys? :sweat_smile: (Names that are puns are always great.)

1 Like

I have a few though I doubt it is good enough.

1. Slime Fiends.
  2. Dark Slugs.
  3. Tarion (Tar Minions)?

Welp, I tried.

1 Like

I read that as “Slime Friends” at first and I choked on my coffee :joy:

1 Like

Sorry about that. LOL!
:laughing:

1 Like

Hey, which of the options I suggest were alright with you?

1 Like

I like your suggestions but I don’t think any of them quite fit haha. Still mulling over options.

1 Like

Yeah, it was difficult for me to think up something.

:sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for your suggestions though! :smiley:

1 Like

What about Voidling? Is that not good enough or would you rather it be something else?

1 Like

Hilariously, I already have monsters called voidlings (it’s the skeleton things lol) :joy::joy::joy:

The big sluggos are currently called “squall beasts,” but I hate that name lol.

1 Like

Oh, my bad.

I am still thinking a bit. I might come up with something later that I feel might fit.
So, be on the lookout. Is that alright with you?

1 Like

Yeah, totally fine! ᕕ( ᐕ )ᕗ I appreciate it!

1 Like

Here are more:

1. Abyss Crawlers.
  2. Deathmucks.
  3. Sludgeasts (Sludge Beasts).
  4. Grimelings
  5. Tartars.

I…tried?
@HKelle

1 Like

Oooooh I’m kinda feelin’ Abyss Crawlers :eyes:

Hmmmm what if I call them Nightcrawlers? (I know those are real-life things but there’s no sun in my story so it fits)

1 Like

AAAAAA What if we make a pun?

Blightcrawlers? Frightcrawlers? Midnightcrawlers?

What do we think? ᕕ( ᐕ )ᕗ

1 Like

Sounds awesome! :ok_hand:

Nightcrawlers it is. :grin:

1 Like

Thanks for your help, haha! I think we’ve got the ball rolling now! ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

1 Like

No problem. :smile: :+1:

1 Like

In most fantasy tales the Dragons usually have a three syllable name, like Par-than-ax, or Ess-ing-vaux, which is a personal name of their own… Yet for a species, I’d still go with that format…

I’d go with something like… Strom-ah-leth. The Strom feels like the Storm-led feeding, the “ah” just fits in as a place holder, and the “leth” feels a little ancient…

Try and mess around with this format and see where it leads you… You never know, you may fall upon a name that just wont leave your head…

SD

2 Likes

Oooh that’s an interesting idea :eyes:

1 Like