HELP Needed: Naming a Café Owner/Barista

Hi. I’m Rue Jay, and I need help naming a character who owns a café and is also a barista. Any ideas?

1 Like

Fantasynamegenerator is a safe place to try.

NOTE: Darn…I didn’t read your post properly. Sorry.

1 Like

If at least his middle name is Joseph, “A cup of Joe” works on him.

It would be a bit more unique of it Joseph is a last name.

3 Likes

Robin

1 Like

Thats my husbands name haha

2 Likes

Random Name Generator - Behind the Name is the website I usually use to help me find names for characters! You can select origin and male, female, or ambiguous names. I also like looking up themed baby name lists on google, like “girl names for nature” or something. I like selecting something that feels like my character or means something relevant to the story.

One thing about barista characters is that you can choose any name and be like, “oh yeah and they’re a barista” and it works xD so it might be better to select a name based off of their personality or origin than off of their profession. Unless you’re going for humor, in which case J.L.O has it down!

3 Likes

Major family name for me.

2 Likes

For future help with names, this site is kind of a crutch but I use it when I’m in a pinch. It has literally every category

3 Likes

Hey! I used that site! LOL!

1 Like

For some reason fantasy names never really give me a hard time. I think it’s all those years of singing what sounded like gibberish to me because I was singing languages I don’t know?

Ah-dhel-mioh-dolche-ahdor-brah-mahtoe-gehtoh…like I know the first part is something about idolizing my sweet adoration, but for all I know is I just put jets on Brahmas. Or stuffed bras full of gellato. You think after 20 years, I’d have looked it up at least once. Nope.

But those names just trip of the tongue:

Vela Seriah Natora Farven Eintree Wellis Manera Tenin Delibra Denei, just rattle off syllables like singing watermelon to every single song.

It’s real-world names that are more difficult.

What I do for those is look at the age of my character and look up what names were popular that year (or near years), and choose something that isn’t too generic. Which is how I got a Jodi for a 49 year old, for my second ONC.

2 Likes

Alex // Jesse // Jordan // Jaylen // Joyce //
I think unisex names fit best for a hip barista. Even abbreviated names like JJ and RJ. You don’t have to know what the expansion is because the name’s pretty cool!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.