How do you have your coffee?

Do you have any favorite brands that you stick to or will you take whatever is available?

Sugar and cream or black?

Coffee maker, shop-made, drip or instant?

And in the rare chance that some of you don’t drink coffee, why not?

9 Likes

I don’t drink coffee much. I much prefer green tea. I grew up in Utah where coffee isn’t really as common as it is in other states. Also, my parents drink theirs pretty much black so it’s gross LMFAO. It’s one of those things like beer. It’s an acquired taste and I never took the time to acquire it.

If I do have coffee on the off chance, it’s a light roast with tons of milk/cream and vanilla flavoring.

1 Like

I’m not really a coffee drinker–I prefer iced tea. But I lurve it in the winter time, and usually drink it black with brown sugar and maybe a little Bailey’s. Nummy! (ღ˘ᴗ˘ღ)

I drink coffee, period.

Chicory and Coffee (French Market, or Cafe Du Monde, for example) is common. PJs Southern Pecan is common. Folgers Black Silk is what we’ve been drinking recently because the spouse likes it.

I often have it with heavy whipping cream, alone. I often have it with hazlenut creamer. I less often have it frozen, and about the only place I avoid getting it at is Starbucks, and not because I’m a Southrn Conservative (although I am) but because McDonalds serves a perfectly serviceable frozen coffee for $2.50ish, instead of $8. PJ’s runs about $4-$6, and is really decent, especially as it has local coffee blends. I don’t need to spend that much money on coffee when I buy a bag of it for about the price of one cup of Starbucks.

1 Like

“How do you have your coffee?”

I don’t :rofl:

1 Like

I kind of have a thing for bad coffee. The harsher, the better, and I only ever have it black. Preferably room temperature so I can chug it in one go.

Lately I’ve been making Maxwell light roast with a drip. Before that I would just buy the cheap store brand instant stuff, but it started giving me stomach issues (surprise, surprise) and I had to try something else. I seriously don’t understand how people can drink coffee with either cream or sugar. If I have it with sugar, I literally gag.

Light roast is supposed to have more caffeine, so good choice.

Is Bailey’s alcohol? I’m not too familiar with these things. :thinking: It must make for an interesting combination.

Yeah, this is me. I rarely even pay attention to brands or flavors aside from preferring light roast for reasons unrelated to flavor.

Why not? Join us. You’re practically obligated to as a writer. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yeah, that’s alcohol. It’s one of the many that are good in coffee instead of creamer. Only have to shift towards drinking it tepid because too hot has alcoholic steam hitting your sinuses and clearing them.

2 Likes

I’m going to write this down.

Oh, man, you’ve never been miserable or alive for 1 split second.

1 Like

I was lucky enough to realize at a young age that I didn’t need alcohol to be miserable. Seems like an unneeded expense, tbqh.

It’s just an awful breathing experience.

I don’t like the lack of self-control that comes with drinking, especially in excess. But in severe moderation, it’s a better muscle relaxer than what a doctor will give you (and you’re less likely to get hooked at that low a level). It’s already in a lot of cold medicine for much of the same reasons.

Don’t like the taste XD

I get that it has its uses, and I can even see the appeal in just having a few drinks to relax. But I know my limitations and it’s just not for me. Tbh, I think I’ve missed out by not drinking. But that’s a whole other discussion.

Well, that’s besides the point. It’s supposed to taste at least a little gross.

I understand: I’ve got alcoholics in my family: mostly the older generation that’s all but gone, but still.

1 Like

Dark, like the void that’s formed in place of my soul and heart.

2 Likes

I can relate to this. The funny thing, though, is how coffee doesn’t actually fill the void, it only accelerates the suction of all good things into the black hole-like void.

1 Like

Yes, but at least it tastes good, right? lol.

1 Like

But why drink something that tastes so bad?

1 Like

I’m not really sure. People like spicy foods and sour candy, too. Some people even eat lemons plain. I guess it’s just something to make life interesting for a little while. :thinking:

1 Like