How does one edit videos for YouTube that is completely free and decently good?

I am still thinking about making YouTube videos focusing on me and my joys of writing and a bit of my daily life.

I just have one lingering problem which is how I do I edit YouTube videos.

I really don’t know the first thing about editing videos and that is important for my WriterTube videos that I plan on making.

It needs to be free and needs to be good. Anything that cost money is a “no” for me because I don’t have cash anymore after losing my usual income a month ago.

So, can you help a buddy out?
Tell me which video editing sites or apps are great/decent and totally free?

Lend me your thoughts!

If you have a Microsoft computer, it may already come with a video editor or you can download one—Windows Video Editor, I believe it’s called, or Window’s Movie Maker.

iMovie might be another one?

2 Likes

I have a HP desktop and a Dell laptop, so yes, I do have Microsoft. I also have android devices too.

I have many options but overall, I do have Microsoft.

Is WVE (Windows Video Editor) really that good or overall decent?

2 Likes

Hitfilm Express and OpenShot are some free video editors.

2 Likes

If you can make something like this with it, then it must be good

I have some questions for you all which might make things tricky for me as a WriterTuber.

What if I do a WriterTuber channel where I show little of my face, do voiceovers, but still manage to pull the people watching into my writing world somehow?

Hmm…actually I think it is better to just show my face and talk to the viewers like aren’t really there.

I might as well just suck it up and deal with it.

2 Likes

I made a video. It isn’t on YouTube, but I managed to make one.
I was a bit confident in making it. It surprised me a bit. I guess I was having a silly fun time.

LOL!

NOTE: The video I’ve made was actually a test run just to see if I am capable of doing it.

3 Likes

Yay, you :smile: It’s good to just practice talking to a camera and get used to hearing the sound of yourself talking to a camera :stuck_out_tongue:

I did faceless YouTube for a while before I was fine with showing my face. But it did help me get used to being a video person :stuck_out_tongue: Somehow, I become something else when I film myself.

2 Likes

I have a plan for my YouTube channel.
I might do a vlog with mentions of writing.

My only gripe is that I don’t have an exciting life personally.
No job, car, and I barely leave my house or do much of anything productive.

So, who really wants to see that? When I look a vlog on YouTube, people have far more interesting lives than me.

So, this is something I am contemplating about.

1 Like

I have only 47 subscribers and they probably long forgotten about me and not only that I gained those subscribers through my crappy AMVs that I’ve made when I was a crazed Hetalian.

1 Like

I am going to watch YouTube editing videos tomorrow, so that I can learn how to make an aesthetic-type vlog where I write fiction, watch anime, leave my home from time to time, and do a bit of other vlog related things, but I am barely speaking and showing my face as well.

Thanks StudyTube and others for giving me ideas!
I hope it works out for me. :grinning:

1 Like

You have subscribers? Can I be one? :lurkingwisp:

If you don’t want to post your channel yet here, DM me?

1 Like

Good luck and have fun :wink:

1 Like

Yeah, only 47 though. I am fairly certain those people long forgotten about me and/or no longer use YouTube anymore…probably.

That was way back when I heavily into an anime called Axis Powers: Hetalia.

You can find me on YouTube and subscribe, but I don’t have any videos yet. I would wait until I actually have something. Sorry.

1 Like

I have to have fun because I need to have fun and enjoy doing something new. LOL!

1 Like

Nah, I want to support, so I’m subscribing :wink: Is it qualeshia? Or another name?

1 Like

I think I found it. Qualeshia Marshall?

1 Like

Qualeshia Marshall
There’s a blue anime scenery for my profile picture.

1 Like

Yes.

1 Like

Thanks for subscribing to my channel.

1 Like